• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2381 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Tierios

Announcements for New Islands - Desperately needed Reply to this Post

Hiya, with the ocean population getting worse and worse on Obsidian ocean, the game needs a bit of life breathed into it. Many of us believe that the next island releases are way overdue. I'm not asking for them to be released tomorrow, but can we please have an announcement, a date of when they are going to be released so the ocean can regain the buzz it once had. Right now its way too much of the same thing and people are getting bored and leaving, it won't be long before the ocean pop levels drop so low that you cannot fill anything. Releasing more islands so there are more blockades happening and more flags getting involved in that scene will revitalize the ocean and get the buzz back. So I humbly request that we receive an announcement for when the next islands are going to be released.

Hopefully this receives a developer response to let us know what is going on, thanks again.
----------------------------------------
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[Apr 29, 2018 12:56:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Announcements for New Islands - Desperately needed Reply to this Post

There are more reasons then the slow roll out to the decline in players on Obsidian.

For me personally (as one who has returned primarily to classic oceans)
1. Lack of attention to the intense pvp attraction
2. Faction Trinket Exploit was poorly handled and in my opinion hasn't been yet
3. Forced War
4. Factions are a joke
5. Its still the same game as the classic oceans with a few twists

Would a increase of islands really boost interest in the kade seen based on the law of supply and demand the opposite would be true, the fact that there are only 2 islands available for kadding and people are not doing so on a weekly bases.

There are reasons for this obviously lack of funds and the desire of some to pay to win, and people not willing to complete with the political strong holds that just switch oceans from the classics.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Apr 29, 2018 2:43:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tierios

To be clear, this thread is just to ask the developers if they will release an announcement for the islands releases, it isn't to debate why the ocean is dying or what will recover it, just simply to ask in the hopes they will inform us of the island release dates.
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[Apr 29, 2018 4:27:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Scar Said,

To be clear, this thread is just to ask the developers if they will release an announcement for the islands releases, it isn't to debate why the ocean is dying or what will recover it, just simply to ask in the hopes they will inform us of the island release dates.

Scar Said,

Releasing more islands so there are more blockades happening and more flags getting involved in that scene will revitalize the ocean and get the buzz back

So your thoughts on the why are valid but I should just remain silent.... Odd you would think you would want to here from those who left as to why not those who stayed if you really want to see life in the ocean.

Few people are actually involved in blockading and its been that way even on the classic oceans, so if you really desire life on the ocean an activity that appeals to a select few and their friends will not draw a population other then to collect the poe of said players (yup I come suck up a few rounds and then leave again). Or I job for a cause/intent, or as in this past weekend simply that some one made one. (yes others copied and got them out last minute).

However if the game/ocean would have addressed the actual issues even as a player base, some would have continued on. But many like myself got the same response you gave me. Your idea's on the why are not valid, I want my way. You got it enjoy your ocean, in the mean time their is a growing population on Emerald and Cerulean.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

[Apr 30, 2018 4:46:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

And to what did you leave jake? an exact coppy of obsidian but without the owls? why do u enjoy ur classic ocean more?
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Apr 30, 2018 5:49:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

FilthyJake, you complained continually that Obsidian was dying, and then left it to go to an ocean where there are a max of what, 15 pirates at a time?

The thread is about new islands. I entirely agree that new ones seem long over-due. They don't even have to be the next biggest ones, as even smaller ones close to the WS would gain a fair amount of attraction.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Apr 30, 2018 7:58:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Pika,

And to what did you leave jake? an exact coppy of obsidian but without the owls? why do u enjoy ur classic ocean more?

Very much not a copy on the sub ocean. Quality of players, no pay to win on the Sub Ocean you have to grind your poe. With no delivery on things the ability to purchase and start is very easy.

Pramy there have been about 40 people on and they play instead of standing on the dock. If you took out the docktarts how many really play obsidian? Emerald has passed Obsidian as predicted a while a go.

The opening of all the islands will not revive the ocean unless the other issues are delt with, why would there suddenly be 5-10 flags who now want to kade if there are 5 islands open... oh so they can sit on them.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Apr 30, 2018 2:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

i agree. more islands are needed... atleast give the ocean a large and an outpost. couple of marketplaces on different islands and maybe 1 extra ocean governed by the om's...
that way economy will be better. trading will become available..
[Apr 30, 2018 2:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

He left because he couldn't handle Owls. Went to a smaller ocean to avoid them. Then, well.. yeah:

Yes please, more islands. Or at least a developmental roadmap so we know when to expect them, among other content releases.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Apr 30, 2018 8:12:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

One of those eternal paradoxes. Can Jake play on an ocean even he can't find something to complain about?
[Apr 30, 2018 11:06:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Yay I am back to the topic. Debate the topic not the pirate unless you got nothing but personal attacks.

OP claimed lack of ocean releases was cause of decline. I countered with other reason, included the slow roll out and you guys want to come at me its fine. I was debating the topic.

FYI: I left because of many reasons listed one of which was the slow roll out. If you look back I wanted more islands even under om control for the ability to move stock and Gem Running ect. Aug 29 2017

Forum Rules
Be respectful and polite. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Bans on the forums will now be permanent. Some of the things which are not allowed to be posted on the forums are:
- Spam or other nonsense that disrupts the forum's formatting, functionality, or usability - including "pyramids".
- Personal attacks--anything intended to insult or belittle the person behind the noseless pirate
- Foul and offensive language, the forums should reflect the same standards as the game. If it's filtered in the game, then it should be filtered on the forums.
- Personal or private information about another player
- Chat logs, PMs and other communication methods without the express posted permission of all participants
- Exploits and any other sensitive information about the game
- Links to cheat or scam sites, malware, fake charities, etc.
- Images as signatures, whether they were technically in the signature or manually pasted in a post.
- Avatars containing blue/navy text which resembles the forum titles given to Three Rings staff only -- as our staff grows, it is necessary to ensure that new members can easily distinguish official staff from players.
- Please keep the forums in the same themes as their oceans. The Opal forums should use German, Jade forums should use Spanish and the Global, Cerulean, Meridian, and Emerald forums should use English. Posts which cannot be read by the moderators will be moved, locked or sunk
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[May 1, 2018 3:42:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Filthyjake wrote: 
Yay I am back to the topic. Debate the topic not the pirate unless you got nothing but personal attacks.

OP claimed lack of ocean releases was cause of decline. I countered with other reason, included the slow roll out and you guys want to come at me its fine. I was debating the topic.

No. OP said "the game needs a bit of life breathed into it", and he just wants a developer response regarding new islands. After your first attempt to derail it, he even explicitly mentioned that this thread isn't a debate on ocean decline. Yet you went on with the whole "Cerulean vs Dub" thing you've been trying to advocate for. Sigh.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kyura94 at May 1, 2018 4:44:52 AM]
[May 1, 2018 3:57:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tierios

The intent of this post wasn't to get off topic and clog it up with a load of responses, I purely created it just to attempt to get a response from the developers as to when they are announcing the next island release. Please can we stop getting off topic and just let the developers reply rather than have another forum post clattered with people going at each other.
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[May 1, 2018 4:09:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Has there been any instance (within the past few years) of blockade openings being announced in a place other than the Announcements forum?

I'm not so sure having new islands opened would breathe life into the ocean. Maybe temporarily, but that won't do us any good in the long run. The classic oceans have a lot of islands open, yet the activity is pretty bad on all of them. In addition, I'm not so sure the current design aspect for large islands is all that great. What reason is there to build something other than shipyard shoppes on islands?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 1, 2018 5:37:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

I'm not so sure having new islands opened would breathe life into the ocean. Maybe temporarily, but that won't do us any good in the long run.

This is how you keep life into MMO-games. There isn't or can't be a long plan. U keep these kinds of games alife by constantly breathing life into it. This isn't a simple shooter or race game.

Part of new content in YPP = releasing new islands, wich is well overdue. If they can't release new content as in puzzles or new types of SMH because they understaffed, then atleast give us the ability to do more stuff on more islands by simply opening islands.

this obviouly isn't a post about how we can gain more players in different ways, this is a clear question to open more islands, nothing more, nothing less.

And the only thing we can hope is that it will give the small boost to players for a while. and while we have that boost again for the new islands, they have more time to think about how they are going to advertise the game more or create more content.
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[May 1, 2018 9:24:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
magexen

I'm not so sure having new islands opened would breathe life into the ocean. Maybe temporarily, but that won't do us any good in the long run.

This is how you keep life into MMO-games. There isn't or can't be a long plan. U keep these kinds of games alife by constantly breathing life into it. This isn't a simple shooter or race game.

Part of new content in YPP = releasing new islands, wich is well overdue. If they can't release new content as in puzzles or new types of SMH because they understaffed, then atleast give us the ability to do more stuff on more islands by simply opening islands.

this obviouly isn't a post about how we can gain more players in different ways, this is a clear question to open more islands, nothing more, nothing less.

And the only thing we can hope is that it will give the small boost to players for a while. and while we have that boost again for the new islands, they have more time to think about how they are going to advertise the game more or create more content.

If lets say GH opened up a few new islands, those new islands will now have its own new arch to let players who build on that island have some resources and be self sustainable.

Because the islands we have are all still under-populated, the islands arent reaching the point where there are lack of resources to force the devs to open up another island so the economy and eco-system of the islands stay balanced.

Actually, there is possibly too much resources going around and we aren't burning them from running pillages, sinking ships and dusting swords / clothes.

Edit:
Actually the reason we weren't burning enough resources is because there aren't enough players, nothing to do with islands.

If we opened up another island, that would probably just make the game even more laggy from having to maintain a much larger database and making in game-merchants move around islands with resources that no ones going to buy, causing those merchants to then flood the other islands with resources and bring the market down.

Edit:
The market will go down because of less competition for resources with introduction of new islands, but we won't really be flooded

If the server had more players, we would definitely see a lot more islands, because if not, the whole game's eco-system and economy would be busted.

Edit:
There would be too much competition on one island, you wouldn't be able to leave port without someone else waiting for you for PVP.

Because we don't have that many players active everyday and resources aren't burning as fast, it would be unwise for the developers to expand the database to support a few more islands on the server.

Edit:
Because it would spread out the population too much and reduce the competition.

I've been manually writing down the market prices for different items at different islands for about 2 months now on the ocean, and I can say most resources aren't even budging for months until some event pops up and spikes the prices up by 200% because no one was producing the item as they wouldn't even sell out.

This is just my perspective of the game as a small time Iron Monger on Obsidian and as a Database manager / Moderator of a game server in the past, if I'm wrong, that's alright =D correct me in a reply!

Edit: Irrelevant

Fixed my post because merchants would not be able to flood islands of resources unless players forced it to using market manipulating mechanics.
Elf - Obsidian
[Edit 3 times, last edit by magexen at May 10, 2018 7:58:54 PM]
[May 7, 2018 8:46:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

If lets say GH opened up a few new islands, those new islands will now have its own new arch to let players who build on that island have some resources and be self sustainable.

Because the islands we have are all still under-populated, the islands arent reaching the point where there are lack of resources to force the devs to open up another island so the economy and eco-system of the islands stay balanced.

Actually, there is possibly too much resources going around and we aren't burning them from running pillages, sinking ships and dusting swords / clothes.

If we opened up another island, that would probably just make the game even more laggy from having to maintain a much larger database and making in game-merchants move around islands with resources that no ones going to buy, causing those merchants to then flood the other islands with resources and bring the market down.

If the server had more players, we would definitely see a lot more islands, because if not, the whole game's eco-system and economy would be busted.

Because we don't have that many players active everyday and resources aren't burning as fast, it would be unwise for the developers to expand the database to support a few more islands on the server.

I've been manually writing down the market prices for different items at different islands for about 2 months now on the ocean, and I can say most resources aren't even budging for months until some event pops up and spikes the prices up by 200% because no one was producing the item as they wouldn't even sell out.

This is just my perspective of the game as a small time Iron Monger on Obsidian and as a Database manager / Moderator of a game server in the past, if I'm wrong, that's alright =D correct me in a reply!

Whilst I agree with this from a purely merchanting point of view, my view is that there is a much larger - and more obvious - point to this, which simply comes down to game goals.

Right now there are many flags, but only four who can compete amongst the 9999/seg blockading scene (Brenda, Keep The Peace, Consider it Sunk & Amateur Hour). The scene is kept at 9999/seg simply due to the fact that there are only two islands with three shipyards, putting huge importance on these islands. Therefore, no smaller (and less wealthy) flags are able to enter the blockade scene as it stands.

If three more islands (for example) were to open (lets say one large, a further medium and an outpost?) these flags could start to enter the blockading scene, as long as the four powerhouse flags did not get overly greedy...

Though it seems vague, this game has lost population because people are bored. Yes, there are many ways of enjoying this game but a big part of any ocean is a healthy blockade scene with multiple flags vying for multiple islands. It is commonly agreed that many players have fallen dormant due to becoming tired of waiting for more islands to open in order to expand the blockading scene, expand the economy (reasons both positive and negative, as you correctly mention above) and to bring further variety to the ocean.

Of course it won't be perfect, people will still find something to moan about, but I truly believe that in opening a few more islands, taking the pressure off Magpie and Loggerhead, we will be able to welcome more flags into the blockading scene meaning that population will slowly increase, flags will build stature and the ocean will once again become more competitive.

That's my humble opinion anyhow.
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[Edit 1 times, last edit by dangerdann at May 8, 2018 9:35:56 AM]
[May 8, 2018 7:55:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
magexen

Right now there are many flags, but only four who can compete amongst the 9999/seg blockading scene (Brenda, Keep The Peace, Consider it Sunk & Amateur Hour). The scene is kept at 9999/seg simply due to the fact that there are only two islands with three shipyards, putting huge importance on these islands. Therefore, no smaller (and less wealthy) flags are able to enter the blockade scene as it stands.

If three more islands (for example) were to open (lets say one large, a further medium and an outpost?) these flags could start to enter the blockading scene, as long as the four powerhouse flags did not get overly greedy...

Though it seems vague, this game has lost population because people are bored..

Your forgetting GW has also been active on the blockade scene recently with a small team of elites but a sizeable bank of poe.

Okay! That is a perfect issue that now we can find a way to change the game design to fix as a community now that we know why the islands are how they are atm and what needs to be done to make the game better for all players!

Some changes that would fix this I propose are:

To allow more flags participate in the blockading scene:

* Make it so that each flag can only own 1 island.
(Less Flag Dominance)

* Each flag can only Own an island when they have enough members from the different crews within the flag. (Crews will have to band together under a flag so players cannot just make a wing flag to take over multiple major islands , also we may want to prevent alts from bumping up the crew numbers)

^ This is actually also subject to abuse if players from one crew temporarily became permanent members in another crew so we would require changes to the member counter for crews from jobbing numbers to separate actual member count from jobbing count.

Maybe if the member count drops below the required number during a member count check each week a brigand king will upsurp them from the palace and close down the shoppes, to allow any flag to take the island back from the brigand king?

This mechanic also makes it harder for flags like GW to become a major threat to large flags and makes it very easy to identify which flags would be fighting to blockade an island.

However, this might allow flags like GW to job through a large flag to run blockades to help a large flag take over an island like mercenaries, instead of playing the assassination role in the blockade scene.

(I suggested this because if we do it this way, any flag will be able to attack the island to re-open the shoppes, instead of abusing this mechanic to reverse scuttle like what happened on magpie earlier this week)

E.g.
Without Enforcing unique players:
200 for Large Island , 150 for Medium Island, 100 for Medium Outpost, 50 for Small Outpost

Enforcing unique players:
100 for Large Island, 75 for Medium Island, 50 for Medium Outpost, 25 for Small Outpost.

Opening More Islands:

* Make some of the existing resource islands become small or medium outposts so that more players can compete for control of them.

(Smaller flags want to get into some of the blockade action, We will probably see some issues with dock trading and island resource choking by the island owners intentionally or unintentionally, but that could be a reason for a blockade)

* Make it so that only the Medium and Large Islands can have shipyards.
(No Shipyard = less competition because no ones going to spend 9999 on something that will return them 10k per week)

* Make a Blockade payment cap of 2500 Poe per segment for Small Outposts and 5000 for Medium Outposts.

( Makes it less hard on smaller flags to fund for their blockades, but also increases the competition for other smaller flags to take over the island because it is very easy to raise fund for.)

A realistic investment would be 1k per segment and 3k per segment respectively by flags to take over the outposts but this should really be up to discussion and tweaking or we just keep it at 9999 and let players decide on the price to invest (Again with the large flag and wealthy flag issue).

Blockade Jobbing Issues:
We currently have a very small player base, but if these changes come through, maybe players will have to invite friends over to compete for islands and do shoppe labor for them, flag owned shoppes = flaggies all providing labor? vs a single player owning their own stalls, so no one wants to work for them and they are forced to either lose profits or make their own labor.

If we don't get any new players, we will see blockade jobbing issues unless small/medium outpost blockades and medium/large island blockades are on different days of the week, because no one will job for a blockade when the pay is 9999 at loggerhead but 1000 at Hurracan Island.

Once a brigand takes over the small island, the small flag will not have enough means to take back the island, and they may need to also work with other larger flags to take out Flotillas everyday because their island is at risk.

SOLUTION:
Make BK's that attack smaller outposts and medium outposts significantly weaker, where they sail sloops, dhows ,fanches, longships and Baghs (The Big Boss of Small Outpost Blockades).

That being said, players are only 9999ing the blockades because of the sheer lack of jobbers available at any given time on the island, and because factions exist, jobbing would be very one sided until both sides hit the maximum cap, and it becomes a battle of who's faction has more players and whoever makes more piratey deals to bring some of the opposite factions members over.

Even large flags aren't prepared to spend 9999 every time on a blockade because they would not be able to make it back, but have to do it out of desperation because they would lose everything if they did not, when competing with another flag with similar funds.

End Notes of this idea:

This idea is Obsidian Specific for a PVP Server, this idea is pointless in a PvE Server because Shoppes are permanent if they pay their taxes.

This idea is not as well thought out by me because I haven't had time to look more deeply into it and is just a small idea off the top of my head of what players might want, Please fix the idea until it is development worthy so our Devs will consider it.
Elf - Obsidian
[Edit 6 times, last edit by magexen at May 8, 2018 5:38:10 PM]
[May 8, 2018 4:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Captntipper

So I might be wrong here, but as far as I know:

A) Resources spawn both at inhabited and uninhabited islands in the same way, the only difference being that if there's a market pirates collect those resources directly via bid tickets, while if there's no market merchants collect them and sell them to pirates on other islands.

B) The resource spawn is dynamic, and dependant on the overall prices paid for a certain resource (not sure on the specifics, but both bid tickets prices and market side prices affect?).

This means that having more populated islands isn't equal to having more resources, since there's the same places for those resources to spawn; and even if there were more and the market was flooded, prices would drop and the dynamic spawn rate would adjust. Also, having more populated islands means less merchants, if anything. This is because, if we assume resource consumption to be the same (after initial needs to build new stuff at the island), then resource spawn should be roughly the same, except some of those resources are now bid on and thus require no merchants to move them.
Captnnemo - Obsidian
[May 10, 2018 6:11:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
magexen

I think your absolutely right, merchants actually supply resources dynamically by calculating the Quantity, Price, and Distance of a resource in each market, so they wouldn't flood a market beyond measure, and probably slow down once it reaches a reasonable cap. o.o'

All that really changes is the amount of competition you have on each island for each market.

The lack of competition is even more prevalent on the PVP server because there is higher risk transporting goods from island A to B, so players can charge a lot more for localized items based on where the majority of players decide become citizens of.

Just fixed my previous post for that =D
Elf - Obsidian
[May 10, 2018 8:25:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

How commodities are released to the ocean

Just curious if more islands, would create activity or life can you tell me why Meridian has none? It has many Islands that can be kaded.

I get that people want to know for planing purposes but in my opinion they shouldn't release any islands till the game is launched. They tested the kades the game is in beta. Once they are ready for a full release they should do so allowing the flood of new players to (sarcasm) to have a chance to play the fresh start and a shot at the new islands. If you go way back to the notes they were maybe going to have kades pre launch for testing. Allowing them to find out that stalls could be closed and BK's should shut shops down. So the test was a good idea and bugs were worked out.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[May 11, 2018 3:20:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

I get that people want to know for planing purposes but in my opinion they shouldn't release any islands till the game is launched.

The problem with this position is that people are unwilling to wait.

People are simply leaving the game rather than waiting for the day that the planets align and we're blessed with some kind of update.
[May 11, 2018 5:31:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

I get that people want to know for planing purposes but in my opinion they shouldn't release any islands till the game is launched.

The problem with this position is that people are unwilling to wait.

People are simply leaving the game rather than waiting for the day that the planets align and we're blessed with some kind of update.

I think the obvious issue is that there is simply just a lack communication from the developers - nobody knows what the plans are for anything right now - there's no clear answer on what the long term plan is for the game (i.e when it comes out of Beta, for example). All they'd have to do is come out and say "no new islands until x'y'z" and at least then we'd have an idea of what was happening. It's the silence that irritates me the most, not what the actual answer might be.
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[May 11, 2018 6:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: news Reply to this Post

Bump.

The next set of island openings for Obsidian:

08/18/18: Anole Garden
09/01/18: Whisper Island

source: https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2721594#2721594
[Aug 7, 2018 7:25:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates