• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 825 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Dexla

Shoppe price-check Reply to this Post

Any idea what shoppes on Cerulean go for now a days? Specifically thinking Shipyards, Distilleries, Ironmongers, & Tailors. Is it cheaper to build? (BYO Supplies/Labor and you buy the "plot" more or less.) Is it more expensive/less expensive depending on the island, or even which side of the ocean it's on?

Just curious, and a bit out of touch. Thanks.

*waving a cane around* back when I was a kid a shoppe cost at least a million poes and we walked up hill both ways in the snow to build it.
----------------------------------------
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 9, 2018 2:05:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Re: Shoppe price-check Reply to this Post

It definitely depends on location. My guess is that many people shop for clothes on their home island if possible, or at least in that arch, without regard to price. Shipyards sell lifeboats when there is a kraken map nearby and most people restock at whatever island they port at.

Some islands have plenty of room left to build on (just look for piles of rubble) while many of the older Midnight islands tend to be smaller and all built up. There are a substantial number of shops being maintained for sentimental reasons but not doing any business while other inactive shops can be purchased fairly reasonably. Since I have only bought 1 pre-existing shoppe and rebuilt 2 dusted ones, I feel unqualified to give a specific price.

There currently is a little difficulty getting expert labor, especially distilling. My biased opinion is that a stall is sufficient for weaving, distilling, or IM and that the number of SYs is about equal to the number of active players. Another benefit to a stall is if the island changes hands and you are unhappy with the new rent cost, you can just pack up & relocate.
Born on Midnight and never want to leave

Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Apr 10, 2018 8:32:31 AM]
[Apr 10, 2018 8:24:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates