• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4059 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

Blue-grey skies, must be witchcraft! - Winners announced Reply to this Post

Blue-grey skies, must be witchcraft!

Blue-Grey clouds 'n spring showers are coverin' the seas. Pirates all over scratch their heads and wonder what this could mean...

Some pirates at the inn whispered that Hera tried to paint the skies in purple; while others thought that Cronus was trying out a new recipe -don't ask what he was cooking! - I believe this was caused by Nemesis herself when she tried to force the oceans to join #TeamEvil

I need your help figuring this out! Use your detective skills and find out what caused our skies to turn blue-grey and report back to me as soon as possible! Because there are spies everywhere, your report must be one single image.

What to do!
* Create a drawing depicting your (imaginary) discovery. This is a drawing showing what exactly caused the skies to turn blue-grey
* Post a completed image of your creation (maximum size 600 x 600) in this thread.
* Make sure to include your pirate's name and ocean

How?
* You may use pencils, crayons, finger paint, digital art or any media of your choice as long as the result is a 2D image.
* If you're creating a real-life picture, you need to take a picture of it to get a .jpg or .png on your computer.
* If you're using a graphics program to create your picture, again you need to save as .jpg or .png.
* Host your images online at a site that doesn't require login such as imgur, imageshack or photobucket
* If you cannot post an image, please post a link to your image - make sure that it is open for all to view, and doesn't require a login.
* You may edit your post up until the deadline.

The Prizes
Other than bragging rights, winning entries will receive a beautiful blue-grey flower trinket, and Shiny Sun Points!

Other rules/information
* Art work should be original - no plagiarism please!
* Only one entry per player
* Contest will finish 11.59pm April 12th game time
* You may edit your post up until the deadline.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Clotho at Apr 21, 2018 6:53:13 PM]
[Apr 8, 2018 9:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Re: Blue-grey skies, must be witchcraft! - Deadline April 12th Reply to this Post

Kinda wish I could write a story instead of drawing.. But I love it! Doodlessss!

Bisca of Obsidian.

The evil Cronus has denied Hera her (very poorly drawn) Peacock.
Her tears are filling up the skies and change the colors permanently.
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Redleaf
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Taskbeta at Apr 11, 2018 7:48:56 AM]
[Apr 9, 2018 5:12:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Blue-grey skies, must be witchcraft! - Deadline April 12th Reply to this Post

Filthyjake Cerluean

Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Apr 9, 2018 8:28:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ticktick123

Ozzy of Obsidian

Feel free to imagine the story yourself!

NB: Evil, crazy, laughing maniac is Cronus... what has he created!!

Edit 1: Had the wrong size :( had to shrink it
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ticktick123 at Apr 11, 2018 9:53:41 AM]
[Apr 11, 2018 9:50:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

JAZZ on Obsidian Ocean. - YPPStreamer! twitch.tv/jazzthepirate -
Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
[Apr 11, 2018 11:45:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Well, it might be my fault, kinda, sorta. Traffic around the port was horrendous last month and I didn't get home in time to feed my octopus. I know I shouldn't leave my alchemistry projects out, but who knew this would happen? Apparently quicksilver and cephalopods don't mix. Oops. Before I could stop him, he was out the window contaminating everything he came in contact with...

Sorry?

Dexla of Cerulean
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Apr 11, 2018 3:18:51 PM]
[Apr 11, 2018 3:16:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Oooh, can I enter? Pretty sure my potty mouth at winning yet another pair of striped pants* had something to do with it....

*I'm cursed. That or Nemesis and Cronus have struck a deal with the devs to only give me striped pants :( :( :(
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Apr 11, 2018 6:43:11 PM]
[Apr 11, 2018 6:40:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Who would have guessed it? It was Cronus with his stupid pet idea!

(Who can spot the victims of Cronus' wish behind the items :p?)
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Goodwill100 at Apr 11, 2018 7:48:39 PM]
[Apr 11, 2018 7:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Love the submissions so far!

Y'all gotta stop cracking those Hera eggs. smh.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Apr 11, 2018 10:02:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean

Eggcellent avatar by the Gracious Greylady

Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes
[Edit 1 times, last edit by joandart at Apr 12, 2018 3:23:58 PM]
[Apr 12, 2018 11:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

~Princessmg~
[Apr 12, 2018 8:51:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Blue-grey skies, must be witchcraft! - In judging! Reply to this Post

Wonderful entries mates, thank ye! I go now and suffer trying to choose a winner :)
[Apr 13, 2018 12:34:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

When will the winners be announced? :)
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.

[Apr 19, 2018 11:53:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

When will the winners be announced? :)

Can't choose! I will post tomorrow, rain or shine.
[Apr 20, 2018 6:07:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Blue-grey skies, must be witchcraft! - Winners announced! Reply to this Post

DRUUUUM ROOOLL! It was terribly hard to decide! In addition to great imagination and skill, all entries made me laugh out loud :)

Without further ado - the winner for this hilarious doodle, who gets shiny sun points, the most beautiful bunch of blue-grey roses and a blue-grey chroma (stolen borrowed from Hera) is ....
Bisca on Obsidian !

Two runners up, who get shiny sun points (equally sparkly), and a gorgeous rose trinket in blue-grey are Dexla of Cerulean and Herowena of Cerulean.

Special mention to Hera, who wins a pair of stripey knickers!

Everyone else who participated (except Hera) received a blue-grey daisy for making me laugh!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Apr 21, 2018 6:55:19 PM]
[Apr 21, 2018 6:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Re: Blue-grey skies, must be witchcraft! - Winners announced! Reply to this Post

Yay, thank you, Clotho! Congrats, Bisca and Dexla.
Eggcellent avatar by the Gracious Greylady

Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes
[Apr 21, 2018 7:04:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Special mention to Hera, who wins a pair of stripey knickers!

$%!!@#11@#%&**!!!!111!!!!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Apr 21, 2018 7:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Not even top 3? Damn, it took me so much work :-(
If anyone was curious the sand letters spelled "pet rock", the items were a cracked Hera egg (Hera), a green bone (Greenbones the artist) and a spoon (Forculus) - all victims of Cronus and his pet rock idea. At least the peacock knows what exactly happened.

Congratulations to the winners!
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.

[Apr 21, 2018 8:02:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Oh goodness I won!!! Thank you so much :)
Can't wait to get the blue-grey roses!
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Redleaf
[Apr 22, 2018 2:31:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Thank you very much! Congratulations Bisca and Herowena!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 22, 2018 10:15:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Congrats Bisca, Dexla and Herowena!

Loved seeing what people came up with!

All I could think of was this scene from Sleeping Beauty.

And thanks for the flower on Emerald Clotho <3, I've been sick for weeks and I've become so absent minded about stuff.
~Princessmg~
[Apr 22, 2018 12:47:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates