• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1023 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Guessimback

Stalle reserve labour on building records Reply to this Post

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a repeated question, searched but couldn't find a solid answer.

I am setting up an apothecary stalle on obsidian but not quite sure why I am getting payed back for reserve labour in the stalle building records:

Guessimback placed a shoppe order at Guessimback's Apothecary Stall for 5 units of Red dye.
Reserve labor used for Guessimback's order for 5 units of Red dye.
Work completed on Guessimback's order for 5 units of Red dye.

I understand the breakdown of receiving escrow back etc (minus initial tax and the payed labour). 57 poe matches my skilled labour wage plus labour tax. So why would I receive this back to my stalle coffers?

Of the two trial orders I received 57 poe and the other 131 poe (which is 2 basic & 1 skilled wage plus labour tax).

Is this to cover the labour I have personally provided not my crewbies? If so wouldnt this be payed to my character and so wouldnt show on the building records?

Thanks!
[Apr 1, 2018 7:26:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Re: Stalle reserve labour on building records Reply to this Post

Hmm...

(I'm not really going to answer your question as I don't know how to answer it hehehehehe :P Basically, I don't know what I'm talking about xD )

But later on (it's usually a daily thing, I think, so look out for it), something like this will appear in your building records:

-n
Paid for labor in reserve or not covered by escrow.

with n being a higher number than the total reserved labor listed as in your example (57).

So I'm thinking the PoE that went into your coffers will partly cover this later? Not just for your own provided labor, but all your employees.

Uhm... there. Again, I am not really trying to answer your question. :P But maybe, when you see this line later in your records, you will figure out how it ties up with the other numbers and it will make better sense. :)
----------------------------------------
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Opsat at Apr 2, 2018 12:13:53 AM]
[Apr 2, 2018 12:12:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Alright I will do my best to answer your question! But also, first, the problem is definitely choosing an apothecary in April. They were money machines up until people realised they were money machines!

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a repeated question, searched but couldn't find a solid answer.

I am setting up an apothecary stalle on obsidian but not quite sure why I am getting payed back for reserve labour in the stalle building records:

This is really simple, so when reserve labour is used, you get paid for it. I will do my best to explain using your own figures. It will be out of order a bit.

Reserve labor used for Guessimback's order for 5 units of Red dye.

So at some point you got 57 poe worth of reserved labour, lets say 1 skilled hour. When you got that 1 skilled hour of reserve labour, you paid the person for their work, whatever you set it to, say 30 poe. Now you have 1 hour of reserved labour, that you have paid for. Your reserved labour costs you whatever wage you paid, and will be used up at whatever price you set, in this case 57 poe.

You now get in an order...

Guessimback placed a shoppe order at Guessimback's Apothecary Stall for 5 units of Red dye.

So you have now received an order, now what normally happens with orders is someone makes the order, the poe gets taken, with tax removed, and put into 'escrow'. The labour is paid from this escrow, and whatever is left when the order completes, is added to your coffers, that is what happens at the following point.

Work completed on Guessimback's order for 5 units of Red dye.

Now what happens with reserve labour, is that you have already paid for these hours out of your coffers, so any time reserve labour is used up, the escrow pays your stall directly. Think of reserve labour as the stall working as an instant employee for as many hours as you have reserves. The only difference is this employee is paid at the 57 poe rate not the example 30 poe rate from the start.

I hope that makes sense, it is just your stall being an employee and having the money paid out of escrow to your stall at the rate you charge people rather than the rate you pay people.

EDIT: If that doesn't help, think of it as a commodity, you set the buy price, buy a bunch up, and when it is used by the stall you are paid the sell price. The difference being you are paid immediately for reserve labour, rather than at the end, because labour is normally paid out of escrow immediately as it occurs.
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Apr 2, 2018 2:04:43 AM]
[Apr 2, 2018 2:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guessimback

Thanks both for your answers.

Now what happens with reserve labour, is that you have already paid for these hours out of your coffers, so any time reserve labour is used up, the escrow pays your stall directly. Think of reserve labour as the stall working as an instant employee for as many hours as you have reserves. The only difference is this employee is paid at the 57 poe rate not the example 30 poe rate from the start.

I hope that makes sense, it is just your stall being an employee and having the money paid out of escrow to your stall at the rate you charge people rather than the rate you pay people.

It does make much more sense now thanks, reserve labour and escrow seem to be the most confusing things so far so that makes it much clearer! :)
[Apr 2, 2018 4:35:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Of the two trial orders I received 57 poe and the other 131 poe (which is 2 basic & 1 skilled wage plus labour tax).

The way YPP handles reserve labor is poorly designed and confusing. If I recall correctly, the reserve labor record shows HALF the PoE that your labor use cost. If the total amount is an odd number, then there is rounding involved. The other half comes when the order completes and the rest of the escrow for commods (and your profit) get recorded. From the shop records for an order, it is almost impossible to figure out how much (and if) you made in profit for that order.

Also remember that different employees may be getting paid different amounts for the same level of labor, if you have changed your hiring wages over time.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Apr 2, 2018 6:18:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guessimback

Perfect, thanks for the clarification! :)
[Apr 2, 2018 2:33:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates