• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6464 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Twistedblake

Loggerhead Island Plans Reply to this Post

Sorry about the late post here. I have been traveling back home most of the day.
First thing I want to say is thank you to everyone that came out to job with us this past weekend! On Behalf of Keep the Peace we appreciate each and everyone job of our jobbers! Without you all, taking loggerhead from Vargas wouldn't be possible! I also wanted to thank Pika for helping sink off the BK (even though he might have gone rogue at the end and started chasing our ships) I also wanted to thank our allies (Sink or Swim, Lion's Bane, Going Down, Fanatical Souls, and Blame Brenda) for really turning up this weekend in support of the kade! You all ROCK!!!

Now onto the island plans:
Taxes: For the entirety that KTP keeps the island, taxes will remain at 25%
SY dusting: Before anyone flames us for dusting the SY saying we are ruining the ocean and preventing flags from getting more frigs... AH is currently selling frigs to friends for profit and KTP wants to sell frigs to any flag at cost. Our plan is to rebuild the SY after it dusts and do just this. Each flag that would like MGs/WFs/GFs from us after the SY is rebuilt please contact any royal member. We will not discriminate when selling ships. Any flag is able to purchase a ship from us as long as they pay for the labor costs, dub costs and materials. When i say any flag is able to buy ships from our new SY once up, I mean ANY flag. We will do our best to make sure the ships are flowing out on a fair and balanced basis and if a flag recently ordered a ship we will put them at the back of the rotation for their next ship. We will also consider ship size when supplying flags with ships. For example if one flag orders a GF since it takes much longer than a WF, that will be weighted accordingly and will require that flag to wait a bit longer before asking for another ship.
----------------------------------------
-Brocko
[Mar 25, 2018 9:51:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jdshuffle

Re: Loggerhead Island Plans Reply to this Post

Congratulations to KTP for the great win :)
Jdshuffle on Emerald/Obsidian
[Mar 26, 2018 1:43:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Now onto the island plans:
Taxes: For the entirety that KTP keeps the island, taxes will remain at 25%
SY dusting: Before anyone flames us for dusting the SY saying we are ruining the ocean and preventing flags from getting more frigs... AH is currently selling frigs to friends for profit and KTP wants to sell frigs to any flag at cost. Our plan is to rebuild the SY after it dusts and do just this. Each flag that would like MGs/WFs/GFs from us after the SY is rebuilt please contact any royal member. We will not discriminate when selling ships. Any flag is able to purchase a ship from us as long as they pay for the labor costs, dub costs and materials. When i say any flag is able to buy ships from our new SY once up, I mean ANY flag. We will do our best to make sure the ships are flowing out on a fair and balanced basis and if a flag recently ordered a ship we will put them at the back of the rotation for their next ship. We will also consider ship size when supplying flags with ships. For example if one flag orders a GF since it takes much longer than a WF, that will be weighted accordingly and will require that flag to wait a bit longer before asking for another ship.

Hello Brocko

Just clarify the part in bold, I have sinking pvp'd your flag members frequently over these last few months because they're very active and out most frequently. I know we initially shared a couple of not so welcoming conversations about mine and my flags sinking activity.

Will we be able to order WF's from your Shipyard?
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Mar 26, 2018 3:51:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twistedblake

Yes Antix, we will even make ships for your flag :) Speaking of PvP hunting, you talk about the hunt being so much fun and exciting, yet your flag hardly pillages or leads anything so you take away that excitement from others that would love to hunt you. The only time you are out and about is when you are hunting, so maybe if you were to lead more pillages you would see what the other side of the PvP is like and people would be less salty about your PvPing, but as it stands now you aren't giving my flag much of a chance to get you back :)
-Brocko
[Mar 26, 2018 4:19:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Yes Antix, we will even make ships for your flag :) Speaking of PvP hunting, you talk about the hunt being so much fun and exciting, yet your flag hardly pillages or leads anything so you take away that excitement from others that would love to hunt you. The only time you are out and about is when you are hunting, so maybe if you were to lead more pillages you would see what the other side of the PvP is like and people would be less salty about your PvPing, but as it stands now you aren't giving my flag much of a chance to get you back :)

+1
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Mar 26, 2018 5:03:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

+1

I mean, I'm out hunting 98% of the time I'm online.

I also mem routes solo a fair bit.

Both of those times you guys are more than welcome to hunt me! (I was surprised no one has done so from Keep The Peace and Sink or Swim yet)

[Mar 26, 2018 5:28:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

+1

Both of those times you guys are more than welcome to hunt me! (I was surprised no one has done so from Keep The Peace and Sink or Swim yet)

I don't want to hijack ur threat brocko sorry.

I've pvp'd twice on this ocean so far, both times against you, both times i won a whooping 25 small cannon balls. no1 cares to hunt that.
[Mar 26, 2018 5:38:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

+1

I don't want to hijack ur threat brocko sorry.

I've pvp'd twice on this ocean so far, both times against you, both times i won a whooping 25 small cannon balls. no1 cares to hunt that.

Pika the main point of hunting sinking pvps is to *sink* people, not grapple and take their commods. What I have onboard is irrelevant if you're trying to sink me.

The two pvps you have participated in were in Greywaters(non sink) and only because I solo pvp'd a sloop with six onboard that you were jobbing on, mainly because you were there. (The re-engage I grabbed one extra jobber?)

You've never actually hunted anyone which is evident by your concern of how little commods/PoE I would have onboard if you did. Additionally most of my ships have bounty on them so there is that slightly added incentive to hunt me.

Congratulations on the win at Loggerhead Brocko/Keep the Peace. Glad to hear you plan on opening up the shipyard to everyone.

[Mar 26, 2018 6:07:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

SY dusting: Before anyone flames us for dusting the SY saying we are ruining the ocean and preventing flags from getting more frigs... AH is currently selling frigs to friends for profit.

I mean, you are welcome to close the Shipyard and we understand why, even if Wintertide was a little conflicted when talking to Iameric after the 'cade, but lets not tell lies - all of what is being produced at present has either been people have provided the stock and labour cost or have paid for the stock.
Seepnah
[Mar 26, 2018 11:48:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
k0rte

Pika the main point of hunting sinking pvps is to *sink* people, not grapple and take their commods. What I have onboard is irrelevant if you're trying to sink me.

The two pvps you have participated in were in Greywaters(non sink) and only because I solo pvp'd a sloop with six onboard that you were jobbing on, mainly because you were there. (The re-engage I grabbed one extra jobber?)

You've never actually hunted anyone which is evident by your concern of how little commods/PoE I would have onboard if you did. Additionally most of my ships have bounty on them so there is that slightly added incentive to hunt me.

Congratulations on the win at Loggerhead Brocko/Keep the Peace. Glad to hear you plan on opening up the shipyard to everyone.

What if grappling and having a SF is the point of PvP-ing for Pika? If the devs didn't want it as an option to have grapple fights in wild seas they would remove it. Just because you enjoy one kind of PvP doesnt mean everyone enjoys the same thing.

p.s.: With KTP owning the island, the AH plan of islands being easily winnable continues. Good luck and congratulations in advance to anyone who drops.
[Mar 26, 2018 12:06:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I mean, you are welcome to close the Shipyard and we understand why, even if Wintertide was a little conflicted when talking to Iameric after the 'cade, but lets not tell lies - all of what is being produced at present has either been people have provided the stock and labour cost or have paid for the stock.

Oh the irony, scuttle the island to save it, and make it available for a small flag who then shuts you down. The new mechanic adds a nice twist, now will you go back and take the island? Save your shop? Both the shutting it down and taking it back are so piratey.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Mar 26, 2018 12:35:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Oh the irony, scuttle the island to save it, and make it available for a small flag who then shuts you down. The new mechanic adds a nice twist, now will you go back and take the island? Save your shop? Both the shutting it down and taking it back are so piratey.

I literally said I have no issue with them closing the shipyard, I'm more concerned about their blatant lies, take off the Owl Blinkers a second jakeyboy.
Seepnah
[Mar 26, 2018 12:37:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

it's going to be fun w/e happends :D one you is spitting lies on the public parley forum :D and pika wants to know who it is :D
[Mar 26, 2018 12:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I literally said I have no issue with them closing the shipyard, I'm more concerned about their blatant lies, take off the Owl Blinkers a second jakeyboy.

i·ro·ny-the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

Don't see you having an issue with it in the word irony definitions, not everything is negative hold that beak up and smile you saved the ocean. Its funny, I smiled you did a nice thing and well they flipped your lights off.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 26, 2018 12:46:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

p.s.: With KTP owning the island, the AH plan of islands being easily winnable continues. Good luck and congratulations in advance to anyone who drops.

You must be salty you didn't take the island back from the BK. Don't underestimate us :)

Edit: regardless of what happens in future, dusting a SY to build a new one is bringing about change that's causing waves in the ocean. Aren't you all excited? :3
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by lady_maeror at Mar 26, 2018 7:18:56 PM]
[Mar 26, 2018 4:05:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discriminate

I'm pretty sure AH said they'd scuttle and not come back for the islands. Why would they be salty they didn't go back for them from the BK?
[Mar 26, 2018 6:45:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

I'm pretty sure AH said they'd scuttle and not come back for the islands. Why would they be salty they didn't go back for them from the BK?

I typed that on my Ipad, until a few hours ago I haven't logged in for like 6 days due to internet issues. I simply replied to Korte's post as Korte and not directed at AH. Since he didn't have a pirate name in his signature, I had no idea of who he was or what flag he was in.

His comment sounded snide and I was simply replying to that by itself. Nothing more.
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Mar 26, 2018 7:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

SY dusting: Before anyone flames us for dusting the SY saying we are ruining the ocean and preventing flags from getting more frigs... AH is currently selling frigs to friends for profit.

Still waiting, cat got your tongue?
Seepnah
[Mar 27, 2018 11:37:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

AH is currently selling frigs to friends for profit.

Profit: a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.

At Cost: At cost price; without profit to the seller.

I'm no expert in financial jargon but i do believe after a quick google search that us producing ships for our allies and friends AT COST is rather different to producing ships with a PROFIT.

I shall add an example for Brocko since he doesn't understand the difference using terms more understandable.

Pika buys 1 apple and we charge him £3
Seepnah bought apple for £1
Seepnah made £2 PROFIT

As shown above is a example of PROFIT.

Scoz buys 1 milkshake for £2
Soul bought milkshake for £2
Soul made no profit, only friendship.

An expert in finance could correct me.
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Mar 27, 2018 1:17:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Promestein

-snip-

Pika buys 1 apple and we charge him £3
Seepnah bought apple for £1
Seepnah made £2 PROFIT

As shown above is a example of PROFIT.

Scoz buys 1 milkshake for £2
Soul bought milkshake for £2

An expert in finance could correct me.

Taxes.
[Mar 27, 2018 5:11:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

so loyalty is the profit
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 27, 2018 5:20:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwayneee

so loyalty is the profit

You just had to comment something, lol.

Congrats on the win KTP, refreshing to see a different name up there.
Permanent Markers | Anchor Issues
[Mar 28, 2018 3:02:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

so loyalty is the profit

You just had to comment something, lol.

Congrats on the win KTP, refreshing to see a different name up there.

There is hallways a motivation.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 28, 2018 3:09:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

What if grappling and having a SF is the point of PvP-ing for Pika? If the devs didn't want it as an option to have grapple fights in wild seas they would remove it. Just because you enjoy one kind of PvP doesnt mean everyone enjoys the same thing.

If grappling is the point to pvp for Pika then he will have to wait until we pillage, one of our new officers ran one on a sloop for a couple of hours just the other day and no one hunted him.

We were in a pvp for 90 turns recently, when we finished the sink there was no one hovering around.

I don?t think I can explain this better than via The Musical Stylings of DMX

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Mar 30, 2018 6:19:54 AM]
[Mar 30, 2018 6:18:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

If grappling is the point to pvp for Pika then he will have to wait until we pillage, one of our new officers ran one on a sloop for a couple of hours just the other day and no one hunted him.

We were in a pvp for 90 turns recently, when we finished the sink there was no one hovering around.

I don?t think I can explain this better than via The Musical Stylings of DMX

Congratz on sinking a scrub on a sloopy,
See you in the cades if you are looking to pvp some more skilled pirates.
I don?t think I can explain this better than via [url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MHl2OzgPlgA]
[Mar 30, 2018 12:36:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Congratz on sinking a scrub on a sloopy,
See you in the cades if you are looking to pvp some more skilled pirates.
I don?t think I can explain this better than via [url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MHl2OzgPlgA]

I've never seen such anger on these forums - at least you've achieved something in your time on Obsidian.
[Mar 30, 2018 8:18:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

i·ro·ny-the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

Don't see you having an issue with it in the word irony definitions, not everything is negative hold that beak up and smile you saved the ocean. Its funny, I smiled you did a nice thing and well they flipped your lights off.

i.ron.ic - Filthyjake giving people lessons on the English language
Aristoza
Amateur Owl
Fourteen flag royalty chats, "just tell them to suck 14s nuts"

Avatar by the lovely and talented Cattrin
[Mar 31, 2018 5:23:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

i.ron.ic - Filthyjake giving people lessons on the English language

Good to see I am still a focus of your attention.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 31, 2018 8:42:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Inasmuch as you are the focus of attention when you keep jumping in front of people and shout in their face.
[Mar 31, 2018 4:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates