• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2714 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Pikapyah

REEEE Reply to this Post

We need to stop all of the blockade/pvp threads and focus on fixing carp ranking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Mar 21, 2018 2:48:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Re: REEEE Reply to this Post

No. If we’re going to do anything of the sort, distilling would be first.
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Mar 21, 2018 3:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

No. If we?re going to do anything of the sort, distilling would be first.

We can flip the coin for carp/distill.
[Mar 22, 2018 3:44:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Fix distill, its been plagued since the beginning of the ocean CC14 inc rip gotta be real lucky to get ult rup lack of players will continue this rut and too many multicilenters at a high level too =/
I love Honey

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Add Skilled swabbies for SMHs/flotillas!
[Mar 22, 2018 5:18:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Fix distill, its been plagued since the beginning of the ocean CC14 inc rip gotta be real lucky to get ult rup lack of players will continue this rut and too many multicilenters at a high level too =/

....and make all crafting puzzles free xP
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Mar 22, 2018 5:19:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

....and make all crafting puzzles free xP

+1
I love Honey

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!

Add Skilled swabbies for SMHs/flotillas!
[Mar 22, 2018 5:33:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

While I agree that carp could use fixing (by not breaking the MP chain when a board resets), I'm going to become unpopular here by saying that distilling only really needs one fix: getting rid of spice traps. The reason is this: getting your standing up isn't hard because the rating system is broken, but it's hard because the puzzle inherently has a giant skill split between those who are really really good, and everyone else who aren't to the point where they can make a CC chain high enough to compete. This happens because going from total greenie semi-experienced doesn't functionally help a whole lot, but as soon as you figure out how to form a solid chunk of CCs, and can transfer junk through it faster than the puzzle burns it off, you VERY SUDDENLY become able to make chains of at least 6-7. As speed grows, this CC chain increases rapidly to 9-10, and then hard fine-tuning gets you up to consistent 11-12. It's this giant jump and rapid increase that comes through purely a skill increase that causes the split making it so hard to get to expert labor.

This won't be able to be fixed, because even if you change the scoring system in any way, the people who are more skilled and can still get those high CC chains will still be scoring higher.

TL;DR: The reason distilling is so hard to get a good standing on is not because the scoring system is broken, but because the skill cap is so much higher than most puzzles.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Mar 22, 2018 6:22:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

@Prammy16 Wow. Never heard a tldr on the distilling problem being phrased better. It's not just the difficulty though.

Almost every top distiller's progress was barnacle for a disproportionately long period of time. Then a sudden increase, another barnacle plateau, then another sudden increase, repeat until Ult.

Sure, the puzzle is easily the most difficult in the game, but it's also the lack of persistence from wannabe-distillers which exacerbates the problem. I've seen too many learners hit Resp or Master (their first breakthrough from their barnacle period) and they get pissed at the next barnacle plateau so their learning curve stops there. I wish this stopped happening so much.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Mar 22, 2018 6:39:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Aight, now back on to carp. We had our distilling QQ, i want my carp QQ.
[Mar 22, 2018 7:18:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

@Kyura
Yeah, those plateaus are aggravating, and I went through them all except was never able to get to ult (half leg half ult, which is aggravating beyond all measure). But I think again that's because of skill plateaus, rather than the scoring system being broken. Once you make your first breakthrough, you match all the other people who also made their first breakthroughs, but isn't enough to get you expert labor. For that you need to make your next breakthrough, etc. etc.

@Pika
I'm QQing over carp right with you. There is no other puzzle that resets your entire momentum simply because your board resets. Bilge gets a new board but has no string needed to be retained, sail likewise, patching, rigging, gunning... So WHY does carp get reset entirely, killing all ability to do well simply because your stars filled up??? (For those wanting to dismiss me as complaining because unskilled, I have attained MP15s multiple times)
-Porglit on Emerald
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Prammy16 at Mar 22, 2018 7:29:59 AM]
[Mar 22, 2018 7:25:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

@Pika
I'm QQing over carp right with you. There is no other puzzle that resets your entire momentum simply because your board resets. Bilge gets a new board but has no string needed to be retained, sail likewise, patching, rigging, gunning... So WHY does carp get reset entirely, killing all ability to do well simply because your stars filled up???

Is this the reason why i can't rank up beyond master? i can consistently get increds, the game is telling me i'm doing an incredibly job. But i can not find myself ranking up beyond master, we can cry all day about cade pay,pvp,etc,etc. But when i find myself actually playing the game, it just gives me a big fat finger in my face.
[Mar 22, 2018 7:31:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Is this the reason why i can't rank up beyond master? i can consistently get increds, the game is telling me i'm doing an incredibly job. But i can not find myself ranking up beyond master, we can cry all day about cade pay,pvp,etc,etc. But when i find myself actually playing the game, it just gives me a big fat finger in my face.

Perhaps that's more because on Obsidian there are a ton of freakishly good players. Although I'd like to note that getting master still means you're better than 75% of them.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Mar 22, 2018 7:34:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Then why am i getting incredible's all the time? How do i rank up then, ever?...
[Mar 22, 2018 7:55:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greenblood7

About Carpentry

My story :D
I always avoided carpentry puzzle, no idea why I simply didn't like the concept. Something like 2 months ago, when I got bored with all other activities I decided I want to learn carp. So you may say - reather experienced puzzler, complete carp noob gave a shot.

Currently I am on MASTER level on Obsidian and I must say I am faaaar to say I 'always get incredible'. I want to break the bubble and get real. People who say carp is broken - do the test.

Take a navy from Logger or Magpie (it will be 5lp trip). Do not remove bots from sails, let it go with regular speed for all the way. You should then always have same time (a bit less then 10min) session. Check your reports and write them down.
Do 10-15 sessions and after see your results... If you will honestly say that for 15 sessions your reports were like this
1) Excellent - Incred - Incred - Incred - Incred
and you are stuck on "master level" then I would say something is broken.
My reality is I have session lets say
Good - Incred - Excel - Incred - incred
next one
Good - Incred - Incred - Incred - incred
next one
Excel - Excel - incred - good - incred
and then happends session
Good - fine - good - excel - poor
yes yes it happends - thats why I am MASTER not ultimate

Also for all who claim that chains are so crucial and that should be change... I made my first Incredible report (navy lp) with Masterpiece 4 chain - imagine that... oh yes I made 3 big holes with grain bonus.
To sum up. A pirate who is sometimes making huge mistakes every 3rd session, not execute grain every time, is moderatly slow in puzzle, has mp chain record of 13, and has avarage mp chain of lets say 5 maybe 6 is MASTER. I simply dont believe that one is doing all splendid and cannot climb in rank.

Ready to recieve all flame of the world,
Your Green

// EDited Post scriptum
Check current #1 on the ocean - Arcturius
He made 2 nice videos of him carping (link on his trophy gallery). Watch this carping, ask yourself honestly if you are anywhere close to what he is doing and then... If you claim you do same as him and you are master,ren,gm and with all honestly looking in the mirror you say you CONSTANTLY do same of better then I would believe carp is broken
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greenblood7 at Mar 22, 2018 8:41:27 AM]
[Mar 22, 2018 8:30:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Prammy16 wrote: 
I'm QQing over carp right with you. There is no other puzzle that resets your entire momentum simply because your board resets. Bilge gets a new board but has no string needed to be retained, sail likewise, patching, rigging, gunning... So WHY does carp get reset entirely, killing all ability to do well simply because your stars filled up??? (For those wanting to dismiss me as complaining because unskilled, I have attained MP15s multiple times)
Yeah this part of carpentry is kinda odd. But to link back to the thread's topic, this doesn't "break" carp rankings.

Much like those spice traps in Distil or impossible boards in Dnav, it's annoying but it applies to everyone. So the rankings aren't tainted by this. Even the best of the best are subjected to these little stupid annoying thingys that each puzzle inherently possesses. This is just another one of those annoying thingys.
[Mar 22, 2018 8:55:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Yeah this part of carpentry is kinda odd. But to link back to the thread's topic, this doesn't "break" carp rankings.

Much like those spice traps in Distil or impossible boards in Dnav, it's annoying but it applies to everyone. So the rankings aren't tainted by this. Even the best of the best are subjected to these little stupid annoying thingys that each puzzle inherently possesses. This is just another one of those annoying thingys.

I agree, but I assumed the problem Pika and I were having was the problem I mentioned. You can get 15 MPs in a row, but because the end of the board was halfway through, you end up getting MP7 and MP8, which scores less.

It seems, though, that Pika is more interested in doing well on the DR and only getting master, which is not what I thought we were QQing about. Perhaps I'm not in agreement with him as I originally thought.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Mar 22, 2018 9:24:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

It seems, though, that Pika is more interested in doing well on the DR and only getting master, which is not what I thought we were QQing about. Perhaps I'm not in agreement with him as I originally thought.

No, we are talking about the same thing, but i do want my DR to be good when i play good, and when i play good i want to level up. And if for some stupid reason the entire master to ult list is fked up because of some hyper rankers. Then change the standings from words to numbers. I play to win (and pay to win according to some people) if i play i wanna see how good i am.

Take a navy from Logger or Magpie (it will be 5lp trip). Do not remove bots from sails, let it go with regular speed for all the way. You should then always have same time (a bit less then 10min) session. Check your reports and write them down. Do 10-15 sessions and after see your results... If you will honestly say that for 15 sessions your reports were like this 1) Excellent - Incred - Incred - Incred - Incred and you are stuck on "master level" then I would say something is broken. My reality is I have session lets say Good - Incred - Excel - Incred - incred next one Good - Incred - Incred - Incred - incred next one Excel - Excel - incred - good - incred and then happends session Good - fine - good - excel - poor yes yes it happends - thats why I am MASTER not ultimate

I understand you, and i have seen the guys video's recently, alright he gets more increds in a row, and he sure as hell will be a better carper then me. But if i consistently get MP13+ and some times a bad run. How does that make me master in comparisment to the rank 1 carper?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pikapyah at Mar 22, 2018 3:02:16 PM]
[Mar 22, 2018 2:55:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captntipper

Pika, how likely is it that you just need to keep puzzling? In my experience, standing sometimes takes REALLY LONG to change <3 remember that if you only recently began puzzling way better than before, you need to put in enough sessions to leave behind your "bad" old sessions out of the average.

+1 to fixing carpentry resetting, coming from a complete carp noob.
Captnnemo - Obsidian
[Mar 22, 2018 5:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Pika, how likely is it that you just need to keep puzzling? In my experience, standing sometimes takes REALLY LONG to change <3 remember that if you only recently began puzzling way better than before, you need to put in enough sessions to leave behind your "bad" old sessions out of the average.

Then voice your opinion in this thread.

Hits a MP 17 (perfect session!) -> After hitting a perfect MP 4 he drops to excellent hammer, which turns dark yellow for a long time later
Note: that is 21 perfect holes in a row

21 consecutive masterpieces drop your indicator to low Excellent due to the session reset :-)
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Goodwill100 at Mar 22, 2018 5:49:06 PM]
[Mar 22, 2018 5:47:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

It bothers me that this is only a guess. After 13 years(?) all the community can do is come up with a guess. Same with the sea horse, no1 seems to know what or why.
It's all fun and giggles to find stuff out and explore, but at some point i think a lot of people would want to know what triggers what in game.
[Mar 23, 2018 4:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greenblood7

About hammer dropping in 21 consecutive masterpieces in a row

This you may consider same issue as "start reset in rigging". Mind that despite the masterpiece chain there are following factors that imho influence puzzle score (so the indicator):
- general speed of maiking puzzle (he was speaking alot in this part and visibly slowed down puzzling)
- Grain (nice set) bonus - there was non
- time between finishing one and next hole. - there was really big time gap between 2 masterpieces finished

Make an exepriment to see the last one (and in my opinon here was the case) Make masterpiece lets say 8 and then instead of regular way "working on 2 boxes that are already half full" work on 2 others or simply SLOW down puzzling. You will see that in carpentry time factor is not as huge as in patching but having longer moments of "let me think let me think" can like in rigging really set your score down. I suspect there is certain time for placing a piece like (4 sec) and certain time you should finish the box (maybe 30sec) - same is in bilge and in rigging. These penalties are not huge but in high end scoring they slap in the face hard

In the end mind that all puzzles - both ranking and indicator are connected with all server comparisons. In top end scoring / indicator big influence can be done by people who hyperrank.

For me the biggest fix that should be done in carpentry is that when you place piece and hit league point you cannot move it.

@to threat starter
Just play, enjoy puzzle, get better and want it or not ranking shows your "current skill" in the puzzle, unless you decide to artificialy push it. The things that influence hard on your stat are more "graple in beginning of session, recharting on islands, in-out in SMH or break after entering before you have time to get indicator up". Think - maybe these things kills your stat hard. Try doing 10-20 navy sessions that last 8-10min. Most probably you will see your real standing then ... doesn't mean you will like it but it will be real one.

Enjoy ypp :)
Green
[Mar 23, 2018 4:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

It bothers me that this is only a guess. After 13 years(?) all the community can do is come up with a guess. Same with the sea horse, no1 seems to know what or why.
It's all fun and giggles to find stuff out and explore, but at some point i think a lot of people would want to know what triggers what in game.

As somebody who is on the staff of an EVEN OLDER game that is still limping along with a barely existent playerbase: I absolutely believe GH should be unobscuring many of the numbers and hidden things underlying the mechanics. The modern gaming aesthetic doesn't have much room for mysterious mechanics, and the fact that you don't even get to know how well you are doing at the core tasks of the game, besides a 6-point category system is almost certainly contributing to lack of player retention.

We've reached a point where we're all prepared to do some goddamned calculus to determine which piece of gear is actually better for us, but in Y!PP land, getting a "good" might not even mean you did better than the time you got a "fine" just that the running average performance of people at the time might have gotten slightly worse.
[Mar 23, 2018 8:11:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

About hammer dropping in 21 consecutive masterpieces in a row

This you may consider same issue as "start reset in rigging". Mind that despite the masterpiece chain there are following factors that imho influence puzzle score (so the indicator):
- general speed of maiking puzzle (he was speaking alot in this part and visibly slowed down puzzling)
- Grain (nice set) bonus - there was non
- time between finishing one and next hole. - there was really big time gap between 2 masterpieces finished

In the end mind that all puzzles - both ranking and indicator are connected with all server comparisons. In top end scoring / indicator big influence can be done by people who hyperrank . . . . . . .

Green

It seems like you neither read the thread I linked nor understand the issue that we are talking about at all.
The issue is that in Carpentry your entire capability to score resets, on top of the fact that the scoring is severely flawed throughout the sessions too.

Please read the thread or at least the general summary to understand what we are talking about.

Just some points from the thread:
  • A masterpiece 8 mid-session scores higher than a Masterpiece 15+ (almost twice as many MPs), solely because the 9 MPs happened within the session.
  • Bad cycles mean that you will be stuck in a low scoring loop, despite puzzling near perfectly.
  • New session severely impact your score. (I don't know if you know how scoring works)

On a side note, "Hyperranking" does not magically make you rank up or score higher. Nowadays it is literally normal puzzling.
So stop using that as a buzzword without knowing what you are talking about.
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.

[Mar 23, 2018 3:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Berrybrow

I won my 1st ippolitos on trike bashing runs on war brigs. FYI. Unfortunately with the poenancially rewarding exploits of citadel runs and with no real jobbing criteria (leading to a decline in pirates during this week as 75% of runs fail now) the average jobber has no interest in sitting doing an average run no more :(
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Berrybrow at Mar 24, 2018 3:17:16 AM]
[Mar 24, 2018 3:15:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greenblood7

On a side note, "Hyperranking" does not magically make you rank up or score higher. Nowadays it is literally normal puzzling.
So stop using that as a buzzword without knowing what you are talking about.

Hi,
I know not much about game but then tell me if someone who do following do not boost score comparing to regular puzzling:

1) Start the puzzle in perfect enviroment like swab ship
2) Start session arrive to Mp^10
3) You realize you cannot make Mp^11 so you get off station
4) Wait for a time to avoid penalty
5) Start from fresh board with a hammer that sparkle and shine for reather long time.

First session seem as regular (even if its not, coz its already boosted by not completing craftmanship), but next one is with enormous advantage. If i am wrong with this part tell me - I really wish to learn more about the game

Isn't it solution to avoid so called by you bad cycles? There are other advantages to this way of, not use buzz word, improving your score but I am still carp noob and I think before even trying to rank up I should learn puzzle really well.

Not reseting MP chain would lead to situation one will complain that he has bad luck in last hole before stars reset and coulndt make Mp^34. Then this will be huge problem because person who manage to fill all holes and continue chain would have enormous booost in score especialy that...

.. as I mentioned - all puzzles are server base scored. Imagine silly situation that you have only 100 players who carp (all other patch), and in this 100 people 99 play with skill of current top 1. Then the last player it's me - Carp noob who is still happy when hit bigger chain then 10... You realize that my hammer will prolly never sparkle right? And then imagine what would happen if you allow chain continuation.

Curently I see this puzzle as a mix of Mp chain, speed, graining. Want it or not but currently people carp that well that speed is more and more the factor (ofc speed while keeping chain). If you want to be slower you must grain - if not you will fall off from the "competitors".

"incredible" report means that this part of the session (or all session if its SMH/Cade break report) is in top x% of y last server reports. Having full sparkle hammer during all session should guarantee incredible report. There is nothing bad in hitting excellent - this means you do great job, just that there are some others that do it better.

Sorry if my post brings nothing to your discussion,

Regards,
Green
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greenblood7 at Mar 26, 2018 3:48:33 AM]
[Mar 26, 2018 3:31:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

I know not much about game but then tell me if someone who do following do not boost score comparing to regular puzzling:

1) Start the puzzle in perfect enviroment like swab ship
2) Start session arrive to Mp^10
3) You realize you cannot make Mp^11 so you get off station
4) Wait for a time to avoid penalty
5) Start from fresh board with a hammer that sparkle and shine for reather long time.

First session seem as regular (even if its not, coz its already boosted by not completing craftmanship), but next one is with enormous advantage. If i am wrong with this part tell me - I really wish to learn more about the game

Isn't it solution to avoid so called by you bad cycles? There are other advantages to this way of, not not use buzz word, improving your score but I am still carp noob and I think before even trying to rank up I should learn puzzle really well.

When you end a puzzling session (by leaving the station) you will score a duty report thats based on your average score over the session.
Starting with a high indicator is an advantage, but if you manage to hit and maintain high scores during your puzzling you should not be forced start over again. It is completely intended.

So, what was the exploit trick in the past? The session always counted, regardless of how long you puzzled.

Start on an incredible indicator - break a single clear to maintain the incredible - abandon immediately. Thus you create sessions every 15 seconds with a super high scoring average that is Incredible (average = the combo you broke) on low experience (which helps to rank up even faster). Spam short sessions on that indicator and win. Ultimate within 13 minutes.

What changed?
You need to puzzle for at least 3 minutes nowadays for the session to count. That is more than it may sound like.

So even if you started off an incredible indicator you have to puzzle perfectly over the entire 3 minutes to maintain that average. You are essentially puzzling like you should be. It is no longer possible to leech off a single combo to generate more than 10 duty reports from it.

Isn't it solution to avoid so called by you bad cycles? There are other advantages to this way of, not not use buzz word, improving your score but I am still carp noob and I think before even trying to rank up I should learn puzzle really well.

Yeah, you can rank up more easily should you leave and restation. But that does not make bad cycles any less broken in normal gameplay - they still limit your puzzling capability and are incredibly bad (and unintended) game design.

Masterpiece chains are gated by when you started them, they are weighted differently, objectively better puzzling is much worse and more. Its just unhealthy.

Not reseting MP chain would lead to situation one will complain that he has bad luck in last hole before stars reset and coulndt make Mp^34. Then this will be huge problem because person who manage to fill all holes and continue chain would have enormous booost in score especialy that...

You still did not read the thread? Not even the summary? Why do I even bother explaining things when you don't even listen.

Curently I see this puzzle as a mix of Mp chain, speed, graining. Want it or not but currently people carp that well that speed is more and more the factor (ofc speed while keeping chain). If you want to be slower you must grain - if not you will fall off the "competitors"

Yes, read my thread please.

I've linked the problems and implications there.
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Goodwill100 at Mar 26, 2018 4:21:50 AM]
[Mar 26, 2018 4:18:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Note: I do think many would appreciate if the starcount didn't reset your chain. Personally I would like it too!

For what it's worth though, I can attempt to defend the system.

From Able to Ultimate, the puzzle doesn't change apart from giving you the Putty Bucket. Yes the holes get larger and more complex but that doesn't help your score. Contrast this against Sails or Patch where you get more targets and grommets respectively, which add to your score.

With the current system, Ultimates are "allowed" to score higher as a result of a larger starcount. The possibility of Mp15/16 opens up, something a Resp wouldn't have access to. That seems fair to me. (Like rigs granting you more moves before the board resets, so you can plan those huge loops with tars included etc.)

If you strip away this aspect then the Carp puzzle is reduced to being monotonous (score-wise) from Able to Ultimate.
[Mar 26, 2018 5:15:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greenblood7

What changed?
You need to puzzle for at least 3 minutes nowadays for the session to count. That is more than it may sound like.

If this was true, that mean you can sit on station for 2min30 sec, do nothing, and leave station without rank drop/penalty - I cannot test it in the moment but I bet my 10poe its not true at all. Then if session counted is 15sec as I believe it is then people making artificial sessions in 100% avoid the problem you mention about having craftmanship in middle of stars fill and THAT is causing that being on top (Ult / incred report) is so difficult to do.

Yes, I read your other thread, Yes you say there should be Mp16max cap not influenced by star reset, I can ask why Mp 16 ? Why not Mp 20? or why not Mp 9?

The puzzle works as it does, it has a little luck included (the better player is the less luck he needs). And this thread is about that the thread starter sais: carp rank needs fixing...

No it doesn't. Its just you need to be better to be Ultimate and keep being ultimate.

I think my next posts, as in your eyes Goldwill all previous, will not bring anything constructive to the discussion.

Regards,
Green
[Mar 26, 2018 5:22:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

. And this thread is about that the thread starter sais: carp rank needs fixing...

No it doesn't. Its just you need to be better to be Ultimate and keep being ultimate.

Hold da phone brotha! This threat is about me beiing master ranked, the game telling me i'm an INCREDIBLE BOI, but i don't rank up.

need to be better..psheee cmon boi
[Mar 26, 2018 5:43:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
k0rte

@Pika

In sailing you have to rely on your previous performance until you set your next combo up, in rigging you have to do the same until you get tars/hooks again. Same with bilging, gunning and patching, really, its just that new boards don't really mean that much of a meaningful change in bilge and the cycles are really rapid in gunning and patch so the score remains relatively even.

You local detective Korte got the da Vinci code cracked on distilling also. It's a puzzle which the majority of players find extremely unenjoyable, therefore the only ones playing it are the ones that are good at it --> hard to rank.
[Mar 26, 2018 6:24:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates