• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14273 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
Popcorn1

Re: War Galleon Reply to this Post

Can you make sure to reduce the influence in blockades to not make it an overkill ship in cades please?

Cause if you don't reduce the influence on those war galleons ... War brigs and xebecs will become obsolete.

My suggestion would be to make them same influence as junks/baghlahs :)

Just my 2 cents to save the use of already populated ships!

Horrible idea. Leave the influence the same as it is. The reason for the influence is the number/size of the ship on the board. Reducing the influence would make the WG obsolete. Having double larges and the influence of a junk/bag I would just take 2 WBs in with 20 each instead of 1 WG with 35. The two WBs would smoke the WG and have more influence and win the round. The WG is meant to provide more firepower, while still operating as a WB/Xebec. It is leaky and cleaning the damage makes up for the double larges it can fire.
----------------------------------------
Yum Chiles!
[Apr 8, 2018 3:42:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Popcorn1

If they would fix it for SMHs .... Might aswell fix it for flotillas aswell!

Cala and harrjm spawned a frig a xebec AND a dhow for a single war galleon in! Thats absolutely ridiculous.

There are ways to reduce the spawn before you enter a flotilla. Take a cutter/dhow and enter before you bring in your WB/WG. This will spawn the cutter/dhow and when you bring it out and take the WG into the flotilla, you will have the smaller red spawns, and whatever else is spawned. This is a way to make sure you aren't going into a shit storm with your ship. Learn the mechanics and use it to your advantage.
Yum Chiles!
[Apr 8, 2018 3:45:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
beccyis

Do we have any update on when the WG is coming to the oceans? Doesn't seem like we can do too much testing in terms of pillaging, flotillas, and Sea monster hunts with the amount of players on ice
Bestboy - Emerald & Obsidian
Captain - Well That's Just Rude
Lord- Placeholder
[Apr 11, 2018 1:18:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

Still can only get 11 sailors on station on my WG on Ice. I tried in both pillage mode and in swabby. They walk right past the station on the front mast after quite some time they give the message "I couldn't find an open sailing duty station." They wander around the ship searching and searching but never latching onto the open station. If you ask a stationed sailor bot to move, the wandering one takes his station but some times takes a long time for him to find it.

Another strange thing -- not sure if this is unique to the WG on Ice though. I put 11 bots on sail station. Then ask one to laze (not move). Then order a different bot to sail -- now i can only fill 10 sail stations with bots. I can reorder the lazing bot back to sails however.
Grumbles on all oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mitsu999 at Apr 15, 2018 8:23:54 AM]
[Apr 15, 2018 8:04:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

That busted sailing station was recently fixed, but it's not retroactive to existing ships. If you want to petition an OM about it, they can probably swap it out again for you. Thanks for following up on that!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Forculus at Apr 18, 2018 11:35:40 AM]
[Apr 18, 2018 11:35:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Popcorn1

Ahoys, I was checking the dub delivery fee and it seems the War Galleon is bugged on Obsidian. On Emerald/Meridian the dub delivery for a regular War Galleon is 60. On Obsidian it is also 60. On the Yppedia it states that all the other ships have a dub delivery that is half of the regular ocean charge. So a War Galleon on Obs should have 40 dub delivery, not 60. Thanks
Yum Chiles!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Popcorn1 at May 1, 2018 8:03:49 AM]
[May 1, 2018 6:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

The Obsidian Ocean doubloon page says 40 right now, so either the page is wrong, or it's been adjusted.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 1, 2018 7:07:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

It has been adjusted to match the Xebec.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[May 1, 2018 8:17:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Can we get the tan cloth and lacquer removed from the recipe? Only the dhow, baghlah, and xebec use those.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[May 2, 2018 1:16:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

Just tested the War Galleon in Atlantis (on Obsidian), and in my honest opinion this ship is completely obsolete for any kind of Sea Monster Hunt as it is equally or even less sturdy than a War Brig, but requires 33% more people to function.
Furthermore, the dragoon drop rate is that equal of a Xebec, if not getting closer to that of a War Frigate.

As of right now I only see this ship somewhat viable for those who pillage, but completely useless due to its fragile state for Atlantis or Haunted Seas (will have to try this in 2 weeks).

I firmly believe this ship should be significantly buffed in regard to its hull strength to be considered a good alternative/substitute for Xebecs in Atlantis/Haunted Seas.
Technitium
[May 2, 2018 2:08:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

J

I firmly believe this ship should be significantly buffed in regard to its hull strength to be considered a good alternative/substitute for Xebecs in Atlantis/Haunted Seas.

It has the same building cost, (time?) as a xebec, i don't see the reason this needs to be considerd a good alternative/substitute for atlantis. almost the same stations aswell i believe? Let's see wat other uses this ship can give instead of needing it be a good smh ship
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[May 3, 2018 2:46:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Is there something wrong with the outline in the dock view? I'm seeing a blue outline for an aquaholics WG, right next to another aquaholics ship with a (properly) red outline.

EDIT: The WG is now in a defiant crew. Probably just another deedholder-change snafu.

EDIT AGAIN: it's also outlined in blue on the nb; all the other ships on the nb are red or grey. Hmm.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by budclare2 at May 3, 2018 6:33:33 PM]
[May 3, 2018 6:02:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Yeah it's odd. Blue in the shipyard view, everywhere actually. As though they miscoded something.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[May 3, 2018 7:55:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
beccyis

Pretty sure the repair rate is way to slow on the WG, feels like its much slower than the xebec and this hurts it a lot since it has a lower damage cap
Lord- Placeholder
[May 3, 2018 8:04:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
beccyis

Dear Forculus,

I have been using and watching the WG's performance since it has been released and I believe that the station performance (move generation, repair rate, and bilge rate) appear to be rather slow for the ship. On my Atlantis we were at 85% damage and got out, then reentered to repair in the safe zone and the repair took over 8 mins to happen while the bilge did not move until 30% damage (I had full carp and bilge)

I believe that they may be a bug were the WG is still going on the old station numbers and so the ship is only recognizing 12/15 sails for move generation, 8/9 carpers, 7/8 bilgers.

Please can you check this bc honestly having navel the ship several times at 40/40 with some of the most elite jobbers on obsidian, the ship feels very sluggish and slow which is where I believe this is coming from. It repairs much slower than a xebec and has fewer carps which seems broken.
Lord- Placeholder
[May 11, 2018 8:57:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

The ship appears to be meant to be comparable to a Xebec. How does it compare to that in the same situation?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 12, 2018 8:05:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

The ship appears to be meant to be comparable to a Xebec. How does it compare to that in the same situation?

It is the "size" of a Xeb more or less, but needs to be treated like a WB as that is essentially what it is for influence, might, hull damage etc
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[May 12, 2018 9:37:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

It's a glass cannon, so I'm not sure we should be expecting it to be both powerful AND strong...
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[May 13, 2018 6:21:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
beccyis

Just to clarify I am not asking for it to be made more tanky, I want them to check the bilging, repair and movement token generation rates for a possible bug. I think in terms of damage capacity, the WG is in a good space however the station performances needs to be more in line with the WB and xebec which is falls far behind at the current moment
Lord- Placeholder
[May 13, 2018 11:16:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Firze

Wish to thank everyone, Grey Havens and testers, for their work on the War Galleon. The ship looks and feels awesome!

I just completed a 2hr+ WG Haunted Seas on Obsidian (naver: Swordfighte). We ported with 100SCs and the payout was solid (~50k for myself).
Taking damage is very punishing on the WG. There were a few tight rounds where we took significant damage and I thought we might sink. But luckily, we managed to pull to safety. Being able to sink WFs in 2 turns and WBs in 1 is really something though. It seems like offence is the best defence on the WG.

All these observations fall in line with the initial design idea of "faster but riskier". In other words - high-risk, high-reward.
~Current~
Zeansea (Obsidian).

~Past~
FO of Suspicious Activity - Nothing to Sea Here (Obsidian)
FO of All for Rum - Dead In The Water (Emerald).
SO of Black September - The Eye (Hunter). Children of Chaos (Viridian).
[May 13, 2018 3:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Wish to thank everyone, Grey Havens and testers, for their work on the War Galleon. The ship looks and feels awesome!

I just completed a 2hr+ WG Haunted Seas on Obsidian (naver: Swordfighte). We ported with 100SCs and the payout was solid (~50k for myself).
Taking damage is very punishing on the WG. There were a few tight rounds where we took significant damage and I thought we might sink. But luckily, we managed to pull to safety. Being able to sink WFs in 2 turns and WBs in 1 is really something though. It seems like offence is the best defence on the WG.

All these observations fall in line with the initial design idea of "faster but riskier". In other words - high-risk, high-reward.

More people that swordfighte is getting to boost his ego, so original... 200SCs pls

To another point, HS is easy anyone can nav them, and the War Galleon doesn't seem too good in lantis.
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans (Jade/Opal/Meridian), all those wasted new players :/

Seal Event is pointless, because people just use 20+ alts on Grand Frigates against sloops.
[May 13, 2018 9:24:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

The figureheads in the furnisher's shops: which one fits the galleon? The mouseover of the correct one probably ought to be updated.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[May 28, 2018 3:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates