• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17465 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
mari_

War Galleon Reply to this Post

So...

First impressions weird design cross between a GF and a MG.

Don't like that you have to walk through the front cabin to get to the front stations or go up the stairs if you are playing on a small screen.

Not so sure on the design of the giant hatched holds, but that will grow on me I guess.

Some of the cabins feel HUGE for the ship.
----------------------------------------
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Mar 20, 2018 2:53:45 PM]
[Mar 20, 2018 2:48:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: War Galleon Reply to this Post

Those mesh hatches are a bit ugly but w/e who cares what it looks like,
Cabin sizes seemed normal to me
The Helm in the back seems odd to me with the size of the ship it would make sense to put it up front
The Growing vegetation below deck looks out of place, but could probably be deleted.

40 Pirates
15 Sails
8 Carps
7 Bilge

Now we need to set a time to get 15-20 people on so it can sail lol
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Mar 20, 2018 5:44:06 PM]
[Mar 20, 2018 5:36:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Hmm... I find it a little weird that it looks bigger than a War Frig when supposedly it has a lower capacity.

Anyway, anyone sailing one? Date? Time? :D
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Mar 22, 2018 12:08:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Looks like its 12 for influence... and influence is that of a war brig (as expected)
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Mar 22, 2018 1:11:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

Screen captures of War Galleon on Ice

Main deck (rear / center / front)
https://gyazo.com/9d995239fbb9e806da9e7f39661b5000
https://gyazo.com/d4254a519cc87c2a0757051c9d20c7ce
https://gyazo.com/3828e71009a6e35011f298b2f7d19e19

Captains
https://gyazo.com/20c0f6642072a45bd1baab03043bb617

Cabin
https://gyazo.com/5ec3957ecef3ca55ffa481e4214b3d15

Main Hold
https://gyazo.com/eeb17f92416c1a10508c9d67256522cf

Aft Hold
https://gyazo.com/d507cc8ee5d840f6d876679044f66c7a

Forecastle
https://gyazo.com/0f2f2f97c70b41b509796ce850b60451

Main and Fore Crow’s Nests
https://gyazo.com/911dd7d23ca4256e33ca7d2fa2d822fd

Aft Crow’s Nest
https://gyazo.com/809c31b8f935b063ca95d1b7c7cb9944
Grumbles on all oceans
[Mar 22, 2018 2:16:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dynasty666

Looks pretty cool. Can't wait for the release.
~Etrigan on Emerald~
[Mar 22, 2018 3:37:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

How many swabbies do you get? for sailing for pillage/evade or whatever compared to swabbing transport?
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Bring the positives from obsidian ocean to main oceans!

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Mar 22, 2018 6:44:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

22 swabbies for swabby transport

14 swabbies for pillage/evade

40 player max when full
Grumbles on all oceans
[Edit 2 times, last edit by mitsu999 at Mar 23, 2018 9:30:01 AM]
[Mar 23, 2018 9:21:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trippleos

If the goal is for this ship to be an alternative or a cross between a Xebec and a War Frig to be useful in SMHs, perhaps we should consider reducing the amount of people needed to man the ship, whether by reducing the amount of stations or the max amount of pirates needed. Loading time for smhs is no joke at the moment.
[Mar 23, 2018 10:27:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I think the goal is to be very close to the Xebec, but instead of adding hull strength to a WB, it adds guns to the WB and keeps the same hull strength.

I'm surprised to learn it has 5 less max pirates, though.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Mar 23, 2018 10:29:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trippleos

I suppose we can continue the 2 hour loading, and 1 hour of sitting at the league point tradition then.
[Mar 23, 2018 10:33:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I don't think changing this ship would help that. If you make it much better, Xebecs will be 100% obsolete. Right now they're just about tied.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Mar 23, 2018 10:34:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trippleos

With that logic, the presence of war brigs should make Xebecs obsolete. This War Galleon design will most likely make Xebecs obsolete. People will fill whatever vessel is convenient and appropriate for the voyage they are going out on.
The reason we need a new vessel is not for firepower, its to have a vessel that can be filled in a reasonable time and can survive in a sea monster hunt environment. War Brigs/Junks work for cit runs but are inefficient when used to primarily sink monsters. Please consider a ship that can be filled relatively easily but won't sink within 1 segment.

We're not in the same situations, player-count wise that we were when bigger ships were introduced, having more options won't hurt so long as they are usable. Perhaps we should look into more vessels that are best suited for smaller crews and can survive some of the more difficult environments.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Trippleos at Mar 23, 2018 10:50:22 AM]
[Mar 23, 2018 10:42:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

This was all discussed in the thread originally proposing the ship idea. It's a bit late to try to rehash it now.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Mar 23, 2018 10:53:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trippleos

This was all discussed in the thread originally proposing the ship idea. It's a bit late to try to rehash it now.

Time will tell. I, however am glad something other than PVPs is getting an update, so we might as well make it work. What i'm curious about is how we're going to get around to testing out how this ship will fare in battle/smh on ice ocean. The few times i've been online there, there has only been one or two other players online
[Mar 23, 2018 10:59:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Time will tell. I, however am glad something other than PVPs is getting an update, so we might as well make it work. What i'm curious about is how we're going to get around to testing out how this ship will fare in battle/smh on ice ocean. The few times i've been online there, there has only been one or two other players online

If an owner picked a date and time their is a float up currently
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 23, 2018 12:33:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harshex

@Grumbles Thanks for giving us some screen shots! <3
ExuberanceSalacious of Meridian & Obsidian
Severe of Emerald

Derp.
[Mar 23, 2018 7:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Game claims 7 carp stations in the pirates aboard window, but there are actually 9. /bugged that.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Mar 24, 2018 10:09:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

I also noted that swabbies will only take up to 14 sails. The sail on the front pole is never taken by a swabbie, but a human pirate can take it to fill sails to 15. I /bugged this.
Grumbles on all oceans
[Mar 24, 2018 6:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
beccyis

So this is just a worry that I have for the new ship and the number of stations it requires when compared to the Xebec and WB.

Currently the Xebec and WB need ~69%(31/45) and ~63%(19/30) of their max capacity for pirates on stations to fill them all (excluding gunners and nav).

When we compare this to the current WG stats. We need 32/40 people on stations to fill all the stations in the same respect (15 sails, currently 9 not 7 carps and 8 bilge). This is a very worrying fact as it would make the WG completely irrelevant for SMHing. The ship would have serious lack of defenders which would make it impossible to run safely as even a small fray(6v4 for atlantis for example) would take all the lazers and any drop would put the ship in serious danger. I propose that they change the WG to a move 12/8/7 setup which would bring the % of pirates on station to a place that better resembles the Xebec and WB.

For the numbers geeks station break down as % of capacity (s|c|b =total)
WB: 30% | 20% | 13.3% =63.3%
Xebec: 31.11% | 20% | 17.78% =68.89%
Current WG: 37.5% | 22.5% | 20% =80%

Proposed WG: 30% | 20% | 17.5% =67.5%
Bestboy - Emerald & Obsidian
Captain - Well That's Just Rude
Lord- Placeholder
[Mar 24, 2018 8:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

So this is just a worry that I have for the new ship and the number of stations it requires when compared to the Xebec and WB.

Currently the Xebec and WB need ~69%(31/45) and ~63%(19/30) of their max capacity for pirates on stations to fill them all (excluding gunners and nav).

When we compare this to the current WG stats. We need 32/40 people on stations to fill all the stations in the same respect (15 sails, currently 9 not 7 carps and 8 bilge). This is a very worrying fact as it would make the WG completely irrelevant for SMHing. The ship would have serious lack of defenders which would make it impossible to run safely as even a small fray(6v4 for atlantis for example) would take all the lazers and any drop would put the ship in serious danger. I propose that they change the WG to a move 12/8/7 setup which would bring the % of pirates on station to a place that better resembles the Xebec and WB.

Very good point, even if you had around 5-7 leavers you'd have to port being undermanned for stations and boarders and leavers do happen alot on SMHs. If you want my 2 cents with the 40 pirates aboard I'd have 29 people on stations and 11 lazing for example, 11 sails, 7 carp 6 bilge 1 nav 4 guns which = 29 (28 if 3 gunners (GM+), with 11 lazing and being able to defend and etc so therefore if you have 27/28 left on the ship, you could still have 11 sails 4 carp, 3 bilge 4 guns, 5 defending with navver or something to be able to exit which would be a more smarter approach.
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Bring the positives from obsidian ocean to main oceans!

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Mar 24, 2018 9:31:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Makes good sense. I'm not sure if they were specifically making it more difficult to be used in SMHs and the like, though, even just reducing the max capacity makes it harder already, even without upping the percentages needed to run the ship.

Although this makes me curious: does a station only produce a portion of the ships need, and that need is identical for all ships? In other words, does a sloop, WB, and GF all repair damage at the same rate if all of their carp stations are full, and the only difference is that a sloop is 1/2 of the carp effect, while on a MG it's 1/9th?

Or: Does a single station produce a certain effect, and having more simply makes that ship able to produce more of that effect? If so, reducing the sails stations would actually reduce how fast the ship could go...

I simply don't know how it works.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Prammy16 at Mar 25, 2018 6:00:05 AM]
[Mar 25, 2018 5:56:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

If they would fix it for SMHs .... Might aswell fix it for flotillas aswell!

Cala and harrjm spawned a frig a xebec AND a dhow for a single war galleon in! Thats absolutely ridiculous.
Emerald
Cerulean
[Mar 25, 2018 8:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

hmm.... if it spawned such a high power flotilla it will probably act the same in BK kades (representing a out of proportion amount of power), yes it has high fire power but a week hull, which would make it easy to sink so BK kades could end up easier yet.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Mar 25, 2018 9:09:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

I just wanted to let you all know that we're following the discussion here and looking to make changes to the duty stations as suggested. Thanks for the testing and feedback so far!

Game claims 7 carp stations in the pirates aboard window, but there are actually 9. /bugged that.

I'll have this fixed in the next update, thank you for reporting it!
[Mar 26, 2018 8:30:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

The War Galleon has been updated on Ice. To get a newly configured ship you must petition Oms to replace your current ship; the ship name will not be preserved.

NOTE: The station list shows

• 15 sails (but only there are only 12 stations now; 1 removed from the rear top deck, 2 removed from the raised section near the front of the ship) / bugged this
  • 6 guns
  • 9 carp (but I could only assign 8 bots to them and can only find 8 stations; 2 in main hold, 6 on main deck)
  • 8 bilge (but I could only assign 7 bots to them and can only find 7 stations; one was removed from the far right of the main hold)

I captured new images of the updated War Galleon on Ice
I don't think the rooms without stations changed

Main deck (rear / center / front)
https://gyazo.com/49d12ed2c2ec3ea3e1896971aeec8de7
https://gyazo.com/831f2922755ace5dfb8adfc8281d9b10
https://gyazo.com/c4832dbeee21775f81b7e2eacad2b356

Main Hold
https://gyazo.com/9d5efacaa0f0320bfe9a955085bcc11d
Grumbles on all oceans
[Edit 3 times, last edit by mitsu999 at Mar 29, 2018 6:46:15 PM]
[Mar 29, 2018 6:36:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Hmm...

I didn't petition the OMs to replace the ship I bought in March 22, but station numbers in your last post works out.

- There are 15 sails, you seem right in that the bots can't seem to find the big sail station in front, but I can take it.
- I can assign 6 to guns.
- I can assign 9 to carp and I found those 9 stations.
- I can assign 8 to bilge and I found those 8 stations.

Add:
Just looked at some of your new screenshots, the stairs to the front part is nice. :) Maybe I should go buy another ship. xD (nah, just kidding :P will wait for combination of the two :P )
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Opsat at Mar 29, 2018 11:03:42 PM]
[Mar 29, 2018 10:53:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

Update on Ice today fixed the station counts to

• 12 sails (but still only 11 can be occupied by bots)
  • 6 guns
  • 8 carp
  • 7 bilge

This matches the number of actual stations on the updated version of the War Galleon.
Grumbles on all oceans
[Apr 4, 2018 12:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

12 sails (but still only 11 can be occupied by bots)

I'm putting out an update on Ice right now to fix this. Thank you for continuing to catch these station issues!
[Apr 6, 2018 7:09:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

12 sails (but still only 11 can be occupied by bots)

I'm putting out an update on Ice right now to fix this. Thank you for continuing to catch these station issues!

Can you make sure to reduce the influence in blockades to not make it an overkill ship in cades please?

Cause if you don't reduce the influence on those war galleons ... War brigs and xebecs will become obsolete.

My suggestion would be to make them same influence as junks/baghlahs :)

Just my 2 cents to save the use of already populated ships!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Apr 8, 2018 2:50:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates