• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 48
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5704 times and has 47 replies Next Thread
hidemyhoney

Old dead Oceans that are still around Reply to this Post

Hello, this is just myself being brutally honest, why on earth do we still have certain oceans that nobody logs onto to like seriously. Opal Ocean has been dead for around 5+ years same with Jade Ocean? I know there international servers but they ain't worth anything if nobody logs on there and buys dubs... Another Example Meridian has been dead for over a year and hardly nobody logs onto that Ocean either.

My Suggestions:

Delete Jade/Opal (might help the server lag and less often reboots that are needed for the game which hurts certain areas of players)

Delete Meridian in around 3-4 months (I highly doubt people will go back there with 30k dub prices, since people only mostly log on there for past achievements, and resumes and what they earned, not to really buy dubs or pillage ahem)

Therefore if 2 options are done we'll have a much cleaner set up of oceans since we know that they won't merge the oceans of,

Cerulean as the only subscriber Ocean

Emerald as the only Doubloon ocean

Ice as a test ocean

Obsidian as the Dark Seas PvP ocean.

Make a New Ocean for established pirates to be able to transfer over their pirates without familiars (make more familiar comps to repay all that 4 a month?).

This change will probably hugely help the server lag and way help with quicker updates to the game as well, since sooner or later we gotta move on and looks like thats what the new ocean Obsidian has done, keep it clean with different types of Oceans to play on, Not Jade/Opal/Meridian dragging us down to help a cleaner variety of setup for Puzzle pirates since the end goal is mostly bringing in newer players?
----------------------------------------
Keaze is right.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, all those wasted new players :/
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 26, 2018 8:27:46 PM]
[Mar 19, 2018 1:33:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Old dead Oceans that are still around Reply to this Post

Current Ocean populations on these dead oceans discluding myself:

Opal 0

Jade 2

Meridian 3

So therefore why keep these oceans around if they are dead? is Grey Havens hoping for these oceans to rebuild on 30k dub prices? I highly doubt it Opal/Jade are great examples of this 5 years and there still dead. Might even save some money to create some better updates for oceans that actually have people on them.
Keaze is right.

[Mar 19, 2018 7:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BHorror

IMO, they should have never done the merger, and they did that merge when the oceans had more players then they do now, so I think you are right, they should close the ultra-dead oceans.

I don't even know why they keep the subscription oceans open, or why anyone pays for subscriptions. Nostalgia must run deep, but if people want to pay for it, no reason to close them.

Also, it won't address server lag or restarts to close them.
Horror from Emerald and Obsidian
[Mar 19, 2018 8:16:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: Old dead Oceans that should be removed. Reply to this Post

IMO, they should have never done the merger, and they did that merge when the oceans had more players then they do now, so I think you are right, they should close the ultra-dead oceans.

I don't even know why they keep the subscription oceans open, or why anyone pays for subscriptions. Nostalgia must run deep, but if people want to pay for it, no reason to close them.

Also, it won't address server lag or restarts to close them.

I do agree with the merger, really made some oceans very big with a playerbase that cannot sustain it. Yes to the ultra-dead oceans, only good for peoples glory days and resumes for other oceans.

Subscription should still be open mostly because it keeps the different variety of oceans and still have a player base of around 20-30 and still those players still pay a subscription, while Jade/Opal and Meridian give no income what so ever.

Thanks for the reminder as well, its a very low chance that these oceans will be full of players again, might as well focus on updates solely on Emerald and Obsidian since there the most important Oceans today, While Cerulean gives much benefit to Grey Havens. But Jade/Opal and Meridian absolutely none.
Keaze is right.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 19, 2018 8:46:48 PM]
[Mar 19, 2018 8:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

There may be very few people on Cerulean, but I know of people who ONLY play on there so... I wouldn't suggest closing that ocean. :P
It's really, really nice not needing dub delivery prices every time you buy something. :)

As for the other oceans...

I'm originally from Sage so Emerald is my classic dub ocean. :)
(I am weird, though, in that I'm actually trying to get my stats on Meridian, Opal, and Jade up to narrow so I can create crews there... >.>
Did I mention I'm weird? :P )

Anyway, if Meridian, Opal, and Jade closes, I guess I won't be affected much. I don't mind. Like I said, I am from Emerald. :P
But the question is: would closing them really reduce server lag and reduce reboots? I don't know, but I don't think so. So I don't really think it's necessary. :/
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Mar 21, 2018 1:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

There may be very few people on Cerulean, but I know of people who ONLY play on there so... I wouldn't suggest closing that ocean. :P
It's really, really nice not needing dub delivery prices every time you buy something. :)

As for the other oceans...

I'm originally from Sage so Emerald is my classic dub ocean. :)
(I am weird, though, in that I'm actually trying to get my stats on Meridian, Opal, and Jade up to narrow so I can create crews there... >.>
Did I mention I'm weird? :P )

Anyway, if Meridian, Opal, and Jade closes, I guess I won't be affected much. I don't mind. Like I said, I am from Emerald. :P
But the question is: would closing them really reduce server lag and reduce reboots? I don't know, but I don't think so. So I don't really think it's necessary. :/

I never mentioned anything of closing Cerulean just stated its number and that people still pay a subscription.

Nobody will hardly be affected anyway with a total of 5 people? on 3 oceans, better to clean up classic oceans than have the majority of them dead and people turning away from them.
Keaze is right.

[Mar 21, 2018 2:23:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I never mentioned anything of closing Cerulean just stated its number and that people still pay a subscription.

Nobody will hardly be affected anyway with a total of 5 people? on 3 oceans, better to clean up classic oceans than have the majority of them dead and people turning away from them.

Didn't say you said to close Cerulean. :) Was referring more to the idea Horror pointed out - he was wondering why there are still people there who pay for subscriptions. :)

As for the other oceans, like I said, I won't be affected much as I am from Sage/Emerald. But I don't know how those who were from there originally would feel.

Most pirates from there who still play most likely moved to Emerald already, some moved to Obsidian directly. But do they still refer to their Meridian profiles, for instance? I think 'resume' was mentioned somewhere above.
Maybe some still have property there (ships/PoE/etc.). Would they mind simply losing them when the oceans close? Would they want to have the chance to transfer them to Emerald?

How would Grey Havens go about closing those oceans, anyway? Do they just close them outright? Or will they somehow merge them with Emerald?

All I'm saying is, if there are details like this that will make closing them complicated, then maybe it's not necessary to do so now. (Better to use their time working on improvements for the current active oceans.) Unless doing so will really make a significant difference in terms of what you mentioned - server lag issues. And if so, they should start reaching out to those pirates from there so as to give them some time to set their affairs in order, so to speak. But I doubt closing those oceans will really make a difference.
Opsat on all oceans.
[Mar 21, 2018 8:08:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Didn't say you said to close Cerulean. :) Was referring more to the idea Horror pointed out - he was wondering why there are still people there who pay for subscriptions. :)

As for the other oceans, like I said, I won't be affected much as I am from Sage/Emerald. But I don't know how those who were from there originally would feel.

Most pirates from there who still play most likely moved to Emerald already, some moved to Obsidian directly. But do they still refer to their Meridian profiles, for instance? I think 'resume' was mentioned somewhere above.
Maybe some still have property there (ships/PoE/etc.). Would they mind simply losing them when the oceans close? Would they want to have the chance to transfer them to Emerald?

How would Grey Havens go about closing those oceans, anyway? Do they just close them outright? Or will they somehow merge them with Emerald?

All I'm saying is, if there are details like this that will make closing them complicated, then maybe it's not necessary to do so now. (Better to use their time working on improvements for the current active oceans.) Unless doing so will really make a significant difference in terms of what you mentioned - server lag issues. And if so, they should start reaching out to those pirates from there so as to give them some time to set their affairs in order, so to speak. But I doubt closing those oceans will really make a difference.

My bad, and I would really like a definitive answer from an OM or Forculus about this, since we clearly already know that Foruclus stated they will not merge Emerald/Meridian (Obvisiouly no point merging Jade/Opal lol).

Whenever they do finish their current improvements on the active oceans, hopefully this will be addressed on what they will do with these 3 oceans since merging is out of the question apparently.

Not closing the oceans would make it a negative ongoing problem unless something major is done about them, as said I would really love an answer from Forculus about this issue, whether he plans on closing these dead oceans or uses them for something else, since Meridian if its just left alone the way it is we'll might as well refer Meridian to Opal/Jade (no point having oceans if nobody plays on them).
Keaze is right.

[Mar 21, 2018 8:24:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I'd be surprised to see even a fifth of the people who play Cerulean actually actively paying for sub time right now. I would bet there are people with years of backed up sub time.
[Mar 21, 2018 9:05:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I'd be surprised to see even a fifth of the people who play Cerulean actually actively paying for sub time right now. I would bet there are people with years of backed up sub time.

Just coinscribed, its a great ocean were about 35 people on tonight. Had some fun KH with 6 theirs who said they only play that ocean.

As far as the other oceans,

Forculus has said

We probably won't be merging Meridian and Emerald, instead we're going to focus on making some interesting changes, shaking things up a bit, and trying to get the population numbers higher again.

There were definitely pros and cons to the original merges, and I feel strongly it was best for the long-term health of the game. I don't think it would turn out the same in this case, it would be a very short-term band-aid, and there might be performance issues after merging these two already gigantic databases.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Mar 21, 2018 9:10:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Just coinscribed, its a great ocean were about 35 people on tonight. Had some fun KH with 6 theirs who said they only play that ocean.

As far as the other oceans,

Forculus has said

We probably won't be merging Meridian and Emerald, instead we're going to focus on making some interesting changes, shaking things up a bit, and trying to get the population numbers higher again.

There were definitely pros and cons to the original merges, and I feel strongly it was best for the long-term health of the game. I don't think it would turn out the same in this case, it would be a very short-term band-aid, and there might be performance issues after merging these two already gigantic databases.

I already stated earlier about Forculus saying something about the merge but thanks for linking it, but the key message I wish to highlight that was asked "what are the current plans of the old dead oceans?" (Cerulean isn't much of a problem at this stage and has managed players for a long period of time and people still pay a subscription, and players have freedom on without dubs :P) which has not been answered for around 2 years but population has definitely changed by 150-200 players on Meridian as they've moved to Emerald/Obsidian or whatever.

So with the current situation of the dead oceans what are the current plans with the oceans Jade, Opal and Meridian?
Keaze is right.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 22, 2018 1:18:36 AM]
[Mar 22, 2018 1:12:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

So with the current situation of the dead oceans what are the current plans with the oceans Jade, Opal and Meridian?

Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

[Mar 22, 2018 4:54:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Thanks for stating out the small words for me :P and shaking up things a bit interesting, in past 2 years hasn't worked so well for Meridian, 150-200 on average to like 5?
Keaze is right.

[Mar 22, 2018 5:03:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Thanks for stating out the small words for me :P and shaking up things a bit interesting, in past 2 years hasn't worked so well for Meridian, 150-200 on average to like 5?

Current populations on these dead oceans discluding myself

Jade 0

Opal 1

Meridian 5
Keaze is right.

[Mar 23, 2018 4:54:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Opal 0 (Message posted at 4:18 AM CET)
(...)
Opal 1 (Message posted at 1:54 AM CET)
(...)

If stating numbers you might want to log on when it's not in the middle of the night in Germany. Well anyway I'll give it to you, 1 or 6 online does not make a big difference.

And I'll just post that Opal is "inactive" since only ~2 years and not 5+. Might get your facts right before wanting to make such a drastic change which will (probably) not ameliorate the current overall situation of PP.

\me goes back in his inactive state.
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Mar 25, 2018 11:18:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Opal 0 (Message posted at 4:18 AM CET)
(...)
Opal 1 (Message posted at 1:54 AM CET)
(...)

If stating numbers you might want to log on when it's not in the middle of the night in Germany. Well anyway I'll give it to you, 1 or 6 online does not make a big difference.

And I'll just post that Opal is "inactive" since only ~2 years and not 5+. Might get your facts right before wanting to make such a drastic change which will (probably) not ameliorate the current overall situation of PP.

\me goes back in his inactive state.

Hi mr inactive person, just wanna let you know you can post the actual population on them oceans at your times if your upset with my posts :)

Opal has been inactive for like 5 years same with Jade when OMs stopped making events for them oceans, they prolly will neglect Meridian as well, (been dead for like a year lol) so as said why have these dead oceans around? 3/6 oceans are dead, 2 have some sort of activity, while 1 still has different variety without dubloons. Pretty sure my facts are right, as said feel free to post population numbers and do tell us why those dead oceans should still be around :)
Keaze is right.

[Mar 26, 2018 1:54:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Hi mr inactive person, just wanna let you know you can post the actual population on them oceans at your times if your upset with my posts :)

See my first paragraph, thats what I meant with 6 ;)
As I said it does not really make a big difference but if using numbers to make a point please use real ones.

Opal has been inactive for like 5 years same with Jade when OMs stopped making events for them oceans

Last familiar event on Opal was 19.4.2016 which is ~2 years ago and not "like 5 years" as you state. (For reference see: Opal Events).

As a player I can tell you that 3 years ago Opal was not inactive since SMH were being done.
If by inactive you mean less than 200 players, then yes it has been since ~2009.
The problem is the mentality of certain players which think a server with 200 online is "dead". Heck I remember filling up a WF with less than 100 online. It requires organization but it is possible. The most fun I had was with the small community which formed on the server when there weren't a lot of players online anymore. And those times 3 years ago were far from "dead".
I admit that of course a server with 1k would be ideal however you can still play the game and have fun even with less than 50.

so as said why have these dead oceans around?

The question is rather what will be achieved by closing the ocean other than deleting a server were players are still playing (Talking just for Opal here, and yes a few still enjoy puzzlig there).
You talk about server lag. Honestly, unless Opal and Emerald are on the same server (Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not think it's the case), deleting Opal will not solve the lag on Emerald. Lag which I have not experienced yet, but thats probably since I'm not that often online anymore.

Secondly, you mention "quicker updates", please explain how removing Opal (or any other ocean) will speed this up? The only relevant point you mention is "saving a few bucks" by closing a server. However I do not think this will magically fill up the chests to hire more Devs for quicker updates.

Furthermore, if they do indeed close a server I really hope they transfer players inventory (transfering the pirates)
This would require the Devs to use their time for it instead of working on updates or even ideas which could refill the ocean. And what happens when Emerald (Not discussing Obsidian since it's a whole other game concept) is the one which becomes "inactive"? Just close it too as you did with the rest?

At last, closing an already inactive server will not address the root of the problem which is a shrinking playerbase. As Filthyjake mentioned at the end of the first page, Forculus wrote "(...) shaking things up a bit, and trying to get the population numbers higher again." which, if done well, can revive the servers. However for me this seems to be an Utopia, prove me it is possible Grey Havens ;)

\me still has the dream of seeing filled WFs again on Opal <3
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Mar 26, 2018 6:30:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Hidemyhoney,

I am confused by your dislike for the dead oceans, why does their presence bother you? What would be gained by removing them?

I can understand closing an active ocean to push the players in hopes to one ocean increasing the population, but closing oceans that have 6 people on them wouldn't add much to the game play? Just curious? Even colsing the active ocean's I have realized wouldn't change much as the same people play on the different oceans...
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Mar 26, 2018 7:56:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Furthermore, if they do indeed close a server I really hope they transfer players inventory (transfering the pirates)
This would require the Devs to use their time for it instead of working on updates or even ideas which could refill the ocean. And what happens when Emerald (Not discussing Obsidian since it's a whole other game concept) is the one which becomes "inactive"? Just close it too as you did with the rest?

At last, closing an already inactive server will not address the root of the problem which is a shrinking playerbase. As Filthyjake mentioned at the end of the first page, Forculus wrote "(...) shaking things up a bit, and trying to get the population numbers higher again." which, if done well, can revive the servers. However for me this seems to be an Utopia, prove me it is possible Grey Havens ;)

@dodo Yes this could work as well. I wish I could have transferred my pirates from lower population oceans, and thanks for the clarification apparently my friend was incorrect about opal (forgot his username which was around 2ish years ago and I should have quoted from him so my bad).
We will see if Grey Havens can make it possible :P

@Flithyjake You ask very good hard hitting questions, It just depresses me to see something that it once was now to pretty much nothing that mostly hurts my vision of their "presence".
What would be gained I believe is a cleaner more organized puzzle pirates, plus we haven't really heard from OMs/Devs about the Ocean situation for 2 years as you stated before which is disappointing imo that they haven't really done anything for solely Opal/Jade/Meridian.
Closing an active ocean is pretty much the opposite of my opinion, doing that will probably cause a majority of the player-base to quit, while closing a smaller ocean you may risk losing 20 odd players, maybe more to risk for a cleaner more organized Puzzle Pirates (might be my bad internet causing lag for me).
Some may play on other oceans, which I believe some of the Emerald players might even work together to get Meridian up and running again (but we all know they don't really give a damn) since their population is around 200ish on Emerald.

@dodo I got confused from your earlier posts thanks for clarifying the time to make it more clear, since im a slow reader :P

Therefore I believe closing an Active ocean can be more hurtful to the game than closing a smaller ocean. (I have nothing against Cerulean since my main focus is doubloon Oceans) Thats just my opinion, but closing an Active ocean part might be worth talking about as well.
Keaze is right.

[Mar 26, 2018 2:12:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captntipper

I'm not trying to sound rude, but your pro's for deleting old oceans would be a cleaner PP, which literally means you'll see a few less options in the choose ocean interface (which isnt cluttered or ugly at all in my opinion), while the con's would be deleting some pirates' (granted, few pirates, but as worthy as anyone else) whole characters items etc which may date back over a decade? I don't think that's worth it.
Captnnemo - Obsidian
[Mar 26, 2018 5:05:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

See the reason you think that is that you are only thinking about the 0-3 people online oceans as "dead" oceans, when people who actually think about the longer-term possible survival of the game think GH should have 1 ocean. MAYBE 2 if they still think enough people will ever subscribe to keep a blue ocean going.
[Mar 26, 2018 5:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

MAYBE 2 if they still think enough people will ever subscribe to keep a blue ocean going

I have to say its been Ceril has had roughly 30 people on around 5-6 game time, Brigs Loading, SMH Junk Run Kades saw 70 or so, the ocean is plesent the items load quickly, Not sure why the population isn't greater. The cost to play is 42 dubs if you Dubscribe, then you need zero badges pay zero delivery fee's.

You don't have to subscribe to play so its still free to play you don't get full access but I was able to do as much as I wanted to for months, I subscribed becase I wanted to mem the ocean and buy a ship. Sure seems like a group that is loyal would subscribe, the pay to win aspect is gone, the max pay kades haven't seen one ever. Most of the things people grumble about don't exist on the Sub ocean.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Mar 26, 2018 7:12:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

I'm not trying to sound rude, but your pro's for deleting old oceans would be a cleaner PP, which literally means you'll see a few less options in the choose ocean interface (which isnt cluttered or ugly at all in my opinion), while the con's would be deleting some pirates' (granted, few pirates, but as worthy as anyone else) whole characters items etc which may date back over a decade? I don't think that's worth it.

Better than clicking on 3/5 options that are dead and nothing on them, good point with items for over a decade some people have played for around 12-13 years. At the same time how many of those players came back to meridian? to actually run a pillage? or to gloat about their resume and stuff? which would be more likely scenario out of those 2 questions. I'd easily say resume/stuff.

@Devonin I do agree with your opinion tbh, I'd like another ocean made separate, so then pirates are able to move their main characters (if they choose to) for this new ocean, which can help current/retired players long term so you have 2 oceans with, 1 as a developed ocean with players that have been around for 2+ years for example, while Obsidian for around a year (if another ocean was released with Obsidian my example would of been alot better).
So therefore maybe you could have Obsidian as the developing ocean while this other ocean with older/experienced players as the established ocean, so if newer players wanted to step up they can make a pirate on the developed ocean and play on it.

@Flithyjake Different Ocean for different sort of gameplay I think, but you showed a pretty good example on why doubloon oceans and subscription oceans are different, its probably more of players are like "I don't wanna pay to play a game" so they just go to some doubloon ocean where you have to work harder for more freedom in the game (I might be tempted to dubscribe too :P).
Maybe the option of dubscribing should show more clearer as another way to play on Cerulean instead of the $9.99 a month thing (seems unlikely imo).
Keaze is right.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 26, 2018 8:25:58 PM]
[Mar 26, 2018 8:24:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I'd like to see a credible plan for what to do with Meridian. All my assets are on Malachite or Viridian which means I have stuff on a dead ocean I can't use, and I don't play any more. With the need for a Steam account to play Obsidian, I don't play that either. It seems like OOO or whoever they are now are trying to find ways to make me not play ... interesting business strategy.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Mar 27, 2018 3:37:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

I'd like to see a credible plan for what to do with Meridian. All my assets are on Malachite or Viridian which means I have stuff on a dead ocean I can't use, and I don't play any more. With the need for a Steam account to play Obsidian, I don't play that either. It seems like OOO or whoever they are now are trying to find ways to make me not play ... interesting business strategy.

Honestly I'm very interested as well with Opal/Jade, Steam is pretty easy to use imo just takes time to understand how it works, they mostly moved Obsidian to steam to get a much greater chance of expanding the game, since Steam has the biggest PC gaming community right now.

The unfortunate side was when it was opened to Steam players sure Obsidian went up from 300 to 850 then randomly went back down to 300 again due to the new players not liking it now its down to 200.

Might help experienced players as well for Obsidian to be open on single client server like they do with Classic Oceans.
Keaze is right.

[Mar 27, 2018 7:22:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Griffus8

I surely am against closing down Meridian. Is there really no option to keep it running or to bring players back?
Dubs are what killed the population so maybe they need to do something about them.
I don’t know nor do i think they even know what to do.
I play everyday if possible on Meridian. I do KHs when possible. I buy my own dubs with real cash.
I do believe the server won’t be making enough to pay for the up keep so it probably will have to go.
Hope they offer something to us dedicated Malachitans!
[Mar 28, 2018 5:20:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Dubs didn't kill the population. The dying population impacted the price of dubs which accelerated the rate of loss of the population.
[Mar 28, 2018 7:10:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Dubs didn't kill the population. The dying population impacted the price of dubs which accelerated the rate of loss of the population.

+1

I surely am against closing down Meridian. Is there really no option to keep it running or to bring players back?
Dubs are what killed the population so maybe they need to do something about them.
I don?t know nor do i think they even know what to do.
I play everyday if possible on Meridian. I do KHs when possible. I buy my own dubs with real cash.
I do believe the server won?t be making enough to pay for the up keep so it probably will have to go.
Hope they offer something to us dedicated Malachitans!

Seems like your not 100% certain of your statement, thats exactly what we would love to know on their plans to help the dead oceans. The Offering as I said in my first post to make a New Ocean for the experienced/established players to move to.
Honestly would love some communication from Forculus/OMs about their actual plans since I've seen nothing really in the past 2 years.
Keaze is right.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Mar 28, 2018 10:11:16 PM]
[Mar 28, 2018 10:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Bump (just for you Devs/OMs or wishes to support <3)

Current Population on these dead oceans discluding myself:

Opal: 1

Jade: 0

Meridian: 3
Keaze is right.

[Apr 14, 2018 5:22:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Since we're quoting online pirate numbers... ;)

Numbers not including myself as I'm not logged in on any ocean at the time. It's 3:30am local time. :P

By the way, I have managed to bring all necessary experience up to Narrow on Meridian, Opal, and Jade... except for SF. Hoping to be able to find someone to help me with that in the near future. :)
Opsat on all oceans.
[Apr 14, 2018 12:36:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates