• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 971 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Tomanomanous

Selling Dark Class Designs - Events Fundraiser! Reply to this Post

In order to keep on pumping out events here at Fresh and Bold, we have devised a new strategy, selling Dark Class designs!

Through the combined effort of various members of the Fresh and Bold community, we are able to have a modest stock of each level of dark class design that are available for sale to the ocean.

The costs will be 140k for the Sloop design, 200k for the War Brig design and 330k for the War Frigate design.

The costs of each design is made up from a combination of the trading post cost of the design, the cost to acquire the trinkets (10k per 3, rounded down to the nearest hundred), as well as a 12.5% fee which is to be put toward ocean events such as our Pinata Party, our Treasure Hunt, or our Bumper Boat Bonanza. The discount from the trinkets at the Trading Post will be used to offset us rounding down the final price to nicer numbers, and the remainder will be profit.

The absolute minimum time to get trinkets for a Sloop is 90 minutes, 2 hours for a War Brig and 2 1/2 hours for a War Frig. Realistically it can take up to twice that amount of time if not longer! So at the absolute most we are charging a mark up of 16.8k/hour, and a large share of that goes to events!

For those interested, here are the current trinket discounts (They decrease the more they are used, and increased whilst they are not used):

Here is the breakdown of our pricing methodology in picture form:

Send me a tell at /tell Tomanomanous if you are interested in a Dark Class design and save yourself hours of waiting for that darned cool-down timer!

Also I put a lot of effort in that picture, for it to come up and say chart title, so I left it in there, choosing to be amused by it rather than let it crush my hopes and dreams.
----------------------------------------
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Mar 18, 2018 11:43:39 PM]
[Mar 18, 2018 11:29:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Selling Dark Class Designs - Events Fundraiser! Reply to this Post

In order to keep on pumping out events here at Fresh and Bold, we have devised a new strategy, selling Dark Class designs!

Through the combined effort of various members of the Fresh and Bold community, we are able to have a modest stock of each level of dark class design that are available for sale to the ocean.

The costs will be 140k for the Sloop design, 200k for the War Brig design and 330k for the War Frigate design.

The costs of each design is made up from a combination of the trading post cost of the design, the cost to acquire the trinkets (10k per 3, rounded down to the nearest hundred), as well as a 12.5% fee which is to be put toward ocean events such as our Pinata Party, our Treasure Hunt, or our Bumper Boat Bonanza. The discount from the trinkets at the Trading Post will be used to offset us rounding down the final price to nicer numbers, and the remainder will be profit.

The absolute minimum time to get trinkets for a Sloop is 90 minutes, 2 hours for a War Brig and 2 1/2 hours for a War Frig. Realistically it can take up to twice that amount of time if not longer! So at the absolute most we are charging a mark up of 16.8k/hour, and a large share of that goes to events!

For those interested, here are the current trinket discounts (They decrease the more they are used, and increased whilst they are not used):

Here is the breakdown of our pricing methodology in picture form:

Send me a tell at /tell Tomanomanous if you are interested in a Dark Class design and save yourself hours of waiting for that darned cool-down timer!

Also I put a lot of effort in that picture, for it to come up and say chart title, so I left it in there, choosing to be amused by it rather than let it crush my hopes and dreams.

This is a perfect explanation of why sinking your self/alt/arranged winner is an exploit. What you do with your ill gotten gains good or bad doesn't change it.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Mar 19, 2018 3:50:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

This is a perfect explanation of why sinking your self/alt/arranged winner is an exploit. What you do with your ill gotten gains good or bad doesn't change it.

I am curious as to what I am exploiting? If they made designs trade-able, was the intent not to have designs trade-able?

It has been said that owl runs are not an exploit of the game, otherwise it would be ban-able, and whilst the ability for exploiting people exists with anything that is somewhat limited in supply, I do not believe I am doing that here.

The fact is that each sloop design is a sink of over 100,000 PoE (the trading post price as well as tax on ship repairs), 90 dubs sunk (six sloops worth of repairs, sometimes more if people snipe ships), as well as stimulating the economy by using up six sloops worth of resources, lets be conservative and say that it is only 14,000 poe per sloop for 84,000 poe worth of resources used. It is only 8/9ths of these numbers if one were to be doing a larger pool of ships.

For War Brigs and War Frigates these numbers go to 150,000 poe sunk, 120 dubs sunk and 112,000 poe through the economy (at 10/12ths those numbers if no trinkets are wasted) as well as 250,000 poe sunk, 150 dubs sunk and 140,000 poe through the economy.

These numbers may not be around the levels of the poker rake, but they are certainly not small sinks either. I am more than happy for people to feel that arranged sinks are exploits, but it has been said that they aren't, and for the duration that they aren't they aren't. The trade-able faction deeds are also not an exploit as they were made to be trade-able, we aren't doing anything funky to make them trade-able. It is also helping keep the economy active, and is funding events, which have had a decent participation, so its a positive effect on the ocean overall in my honest opinion, and there are a long list of players that agree, otherwise the sinks wouldn't have been possible in the first place, or so easy to fill at almost any time of day (Easier than a SMH at this point)!
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Mar 19, 2018 6:38:59 AM]
[Mar 19, 2018 6:38:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

@Tom Don't trouble yourself with the explanations, he's just upset his trinkets aren't valuable anymore. No amount of logical or numerical reasoning changes anything, many have tried.

Good luck on the fundraiser, hope it leads to more events :o I don't really participate in those events but it's nice to see the playerbase involvement that comes from them.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Mar 19, 2018 9:59:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

@Tom Don't trouble yourself with the explanations, he's just upset his trinkets aren't valuable anymore. No amount of logical or numerical reasoning changes anything, many have tried.

Good luck on the fundraiser, hope it leads to more events :o I don't really participate in those events but it's nice to see the playerbase involvement that comes from them.

Sums it up again, you took the value out of the whole pvp reward system.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Mar 19, 2018 2:46:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates