• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4078 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Tomanomanous

FAB's Pinata Party Reply to this Post

Fresh and Bold's Pinata Party

Fresh and Bold are hosting yet another bumper boat event blockade on Night Harbour! This time with 100% simpler rules!

The Details:

When: Friday 30th of March 2018 at 6pm Game Time.
After the Jazz day puzzle you should check out by clicking here
Who: Everyone is welcome!

Pinata Party Extended Deets:

Is it sinking?: Nope. But sink and your boat can't re-enter, so you will have to load a new one.

Can we use cannons?: Do you shoot a pinata? If you do, we don't, so we will go with nope.

Alliances or Free-for-All?: Free-for-All, well, Flag-for-All.

How many rounds are there?: 3. The last event taught us to have an extra round, so we will have a warm-up round (it also helps give people who don't check the forums until after the blockade has started a chance to move a boat or two), followed by the main event in round 2, and a spare round for fun at the ent.

Do we have manoeuvres?: Definitely yes.

Will there be obstacles?: Our obstacles will be the densest of obstacles! The blockade is set to dense.

What ships can be used?: This is a SLOOP ONLY event. If I see a Grand Frigate aside from the pinata, I will disqualify whichever flag brings it in (after a warning).

Do we have to sign up?: Nope, we looked at our format from the last event and realised having to sign up sucks for those who don't pay attention to the forums or notice board, so we changed the format a bit!

Hera's Army, a crew of Fresh and Bold, will be running the Purple Grand Frigate "Hera's Pinata", under the navigation of the fearsome Kierzy. The name is yet to be approved though, but it will be pretty obvious which ship the pinata is, its the big one. If you wish to help in staffing the Grand Frigate, please let me know, as we are aiming for a crew of 35-45 (no more) pirates of varying skill on the Grand Frigate. Flags who assist with the Grand Frigate are excluded from entering the blockade with ships, but may enter as jobbers for other flags.

Other flags may bring up to five sloops at any one time into the blockade, replacing them as they are sunk. The flag to do the sinking hit* on the Grand Frigate will win the grand prize. The grand prize will be split equally among each flag to make a sinking hit. The grand prize also consists of a purple rose from the garden of Hera**.

The Grand Prize

The grand prize consists of 500,000 PoE, which will be a number increasing with donations. The grand prize will reduce by 5k, for every sloop sunk in the influence radius of the Grand Frigate, with the Grand Frigate staff, excluding judges, receiving an equal split of the amount the prize is reduced. This can happen at most 50 times. The maximum pay per jobber on the grand frig should be equivilent to around 1.5k per seg.

Other Prizes

The Pinata contains a variety of items that will fall out as it is broken, these include three emerald big cats (don't let them drown!), three bardic sloop deeds (hopefully the ink doesn't get smudged in the water!), too many trinkets, and a regular sloop deed. There is also a 10k prize for the first person to sink Natedawg and 10k to the first person to hit the GF with a cannonball.

If you wish to donate to the grand prize, or donate something for a smaller prize, let me know here or in-game with /tell tomanomanous and I will add the prizes to the event!

*A sinking hit is an intentional move into or through the space the Grand Frigate on the move not turn it sinks. If NO ship makes what is defined as a sinking hit, then the winner will be any ship who caused the sink through a bump.

**If there is a tie the rose will go to the flag who has the most hits on the pinata, and if that is a tie, the first hit, and if that is a tie, the first flag to pick a number between 1 and 12 (since at most 4 flags can qualify, its the lowest possible number that is fair).
----------------------------------------
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Mar 30, 2018 5:00:53 PM]
[Mar 13, 2018 8:05:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Re: FAB's Pinata Party Reply to this Post

Reserved

[Mar 13, 2018 8:05:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

The prizes for this event have been donated by the following pirates.

• Well doesn't this list look sad so far, why not donate a prize to help populate it!
  • Dressedinred - 1 sloop for the first person to sink another sloop, so that she can undermine my event. 115 Trinkets!
  • Kingporo - 10k for the first battle navigator to hit the Grand Frigate with a cannonball.
  • Mattatron - 10k for the first person to sink Natedawg (this can occur in any round). 10k to the main prize.
  • Pika - 3x Bardic Sloop and 3x Emerald Big Cat.

[Edit 12 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Mar 30, 2018 9:33:33 PM]
[Mar 13, 2018 8:05:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alysha111

I would like to donate a standard sloop as a prize to the first person who sinks another sloop, defeating the entire purpose of the event.
Dressedinred, Captain of Marooned, Queen of Fresh and Bold

Chinstrap blushes and touches Nick's hand slightly
[Mar 18, 2018 2:32:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

I would like to donate a standard sloop as a prize to the first person who sinks another sloop, defeating the entire purpose of the event.

STOP SABOTAGING MY EVENT.

But thank you, I will add it to the prize list.

[Mar 18, 2018 4:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Tweaked the grand prize and how it is distributed a little to bring the pay per seg at 50 sinks to a level more reasonable to an event blockade. Even 5 sinks will be more than what some flags paid at the bumper boats event, so I feel this change is reasonable.

[Mar 30, 2018 5:02:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Alright, much more success streaming this event, but as the event is now over, the stream is now finished!

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Mar 30, 2018 9:00:21 PM]
[Mar 30, 2018 6:18:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Prizes time!

As the pinata broke apart, prizes were awarded to people who hit the ship at times determined by a random number generator.

These prizes have gone to:
Mattatron - 100 Trinkets donated by Dressedinred
Markswoman - 15 Trinkets donated by Dressedinred
Squeelicious - 1 Emerald Big Cat donated by Pika
Dabigo - 1 Emerald Big Cat donated by Pika
Baltezar - 1 Emerald Big Cat donated by Pika
Naslan - 1 Bardic Sloop donated by Pika
Fernando - 1 Bardic Sloop donated by Pika
Albinoninja - 1 Bardic Sloop donated by Pika

The 10,000 PoE prize for first cannonball hit donated by Kingporo was won by Mattatron.

The prize for first sloop to sink a sloop was won by Squeelicious, one sloop donated by Dressedinred.

Mattatron's 10,000 PoE prize for the first person to sink Natedawg went unclaimed, with Natedawg successfully avoiding being sunk for two entire rounds.

First Prize
First place went to Natedawg and Vitalis, joint sinking the grand frigate. The pot ended up at 350k after the Grand Frigate sunk many brave sloops, and as Primordial Powers hit the Grand Frigate more times than Cuppa Time, Natedawg won the purple rose, with the 175k being split between the two.

Congratulations to everyone who won a prize, next fortnights event will be up in the next few days, a PvP focused race! See you all then!

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Mar 30, 2018 8:59:16 PM]
[Mar 30, 2018 7:02:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

I would like to give a special thanks to Hera for organising us a very well decorated pinata! Also to Clotho for cheekily adding a little bit of a Clotho touch whilst Hera wasn't looking!

We tried to save a few eggs as we went overboard but unfortunately they sunk to the bottom of the ocean! Also I was stoked when I found out the ship matched my outfit, so now I have to get one of my own. Pika, that GF you owe me, can it be like this?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tomanomanous at Mar 30, 2018 9:29:48 PM]
[Mar 30, 2018 9:28:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dameonman

so us on the GF sank 30 sloops?!?!?!?!!
[Mar 31, 2018 1:50:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

An impressive display by the sloops. It takes 120 rams for a sloop to take down the grand frigate, and that is before repairs. It takes 2.5 rams to take down a sloop, so the very conservative ramming by many people kept the number to 30 (which honestly surprised me).

[Mar 31, 2018 4:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
natethedawg

Mattatron's 10,000 PoE prize for the first person to sink Natedawg went unclaimed, with Natedawg successfully avoiding being sunk for two entire rounds.

First Prize
First place went to Natedawg and Vitalis, joint sinking the grand frigate. The pot ended up at 350k after the Grand Frigate sunk many brave sloops, and as Primordial Powers hit the Grand Frigate more times than Cuppa Time, Natedawg won the purple rose, with the 175k being split between the two.

Congratulations to everyone who won a prize, next fortnights event will be up in the next few days, a PvP focused race! See you all then!

Not going to lie I was slightly annoyed with Matt's lovely donation to your event but was more annoyed that no one actually came after me. It was another awesome event cade and we at Primordial Powers thank you guys for another awesome Event Blockade! We are looking forward to this PVP race you have planned.

Thanks again Tom for another great event!

And thanks to Hera for her lovely inscription on my new favorite trinket!
Natedawg
King of Primordial Raiders
Cabin Person of Sumiyoshi Sanjin Tsunami
Obsidian
My posts are a reflection of my flags thinking. Except when they're not.
------------------
Lord of Illusion
Captain of the High Seas Council
Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by natethedawg at Apr 2, 2018 5:24:20 PM]
[Apr 2, 2018 5:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Also to Clotho for cheekily adding a little bit of a Clotho touch whilst Hera wasn't looking!

...Last time I ask her to move a ship for me. Oh, the horror!...
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Apr 4, 2018 9:38:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Also to Clotho for cheekily adding a little bit of a Clotho touch whilst Hera wasn't looking!

...Last time I ask her to move a ship for me. Oh, the horror!...

The Pinata was full of surprises after all. :-)
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Goodwill100 at Apr 5, 2018 9:54:39 AM]
[Apr 5, 2018 9:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates