• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4027 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

A Decade as a Deity! Art event, win a Hera Doll! (deadline 11.59pm March 23rd) -Winners announced Reply to this Post

A Decade as a Deity! Create a card to commemorate Cronus and Hera's 10 year anniversary of working together as Oceanmasters.

Winners here

Nearly 10 years ago Cronus and I were part of the Blindingly Shiny New Hands intake of new OMs. Super eager, I was first into the forums along with the lovely Gaea and Galene, while Cronus was distracted by cake and was fashionably late. Years later, after makeups and breakups I'm still trying to get rid of working with Cronus and want to celebrate our anniversary with him. So, I need your help!

What to do!
- Create an anniversary card for me to give to Cronus showing him just what I think of our time together over the last decade (Good Or Bad!) incorporating any Year Ten idea from any of the entries in this event thread .
- Two images are required; as well as the card cover, I want the interior greeting you would see upon opening up the card (you don't have to have art for the interior, but there should be at the least some text as I'm lazy and all I want to do at the end of the day is just sign my name.
- Your card should be your own original art (you can borrow ideas from YPP art, but I don't want to see screenshots included)
- How you create your card artwork is up to you; whichever media suits you best (digital or paint, pens or even old fashioned crayons!).
- The sentiment contained in the card is also up to you; it could be delighting in 10 years of having Cronus as a fun co-worker, or irritated at 10 years of having of having him stealing my snacks.

Please include the following in your post:
- Your pirate's name and ocean
- Post a picture of your anniversary card as shown here and an image of the interior greeting on the card (so two images please). Be sure to keep each image to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels.

The Prizes

The winner will get their very own Hera Doll trinket. Runner up will get a standard renamed sloop. There may be other prizes depending on the number of entries which may (or may not!) include Hera Eggs. (You would worry if I didn't add those in here, right???..) and Shiny Sun Points!

Other rules/information
-Only one entry per player
-Contest will finish 11.59pm March 23rd game time
- You may edit your post up until the deadline.

----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hera at Mar 25, 2018 8:51:25 PM]
[Mar 10, 2018 1:15:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ticktick123

Re: A Decade as a Deity! Art event, win a Hera Doll! (deadline 11.59pm March 23rd) Reply to this Post

Hera said:

(Good Or Bad! )

Regrettably...
Ozzy of Obsidian

[Mar 10, 2018 2:10:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Re: A Decade as a Deity! Art event, win a Hera Doll! (deadline 11.59pm March 23rd) Reply to this Post

Pirate: Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Incorporated item: Wanted poster

Context: Cronus also had something planned for the 10 year anniversary.
The consequence is a very special anniversary card nailed onto his shack.
Can he hide forever by changing his looks or will his obsession of eggxecuting someone's property give his identity away?
The entire ocean wants him after all - for wealth (8 MEEELION dubs) or retribution. :-)
Note: Only the card on his shack has the text

Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Goodwill100 at Mar 19, 2018 11:16:39 PM]
[Mar 16, 2018 9:14:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Edit Filthyjake Of Emerald
Item: Incorporated Portrait

TEXT:
Dear Cornus,
It has been 10 years, can you believe it? A store bought card wouldn’t do so I had this one customer made for you!
I have searched and struggled to decide what would be the appropriate gift for you on our special day. I really know your expecting one of my ultra rare eggs, but you will not be getting one this year don’t be to disappointed. I had a few friends make suggestions, some of the idea’s they had were good, others made me chuckle. One noticed that below that helmet you wear, your hair is retreating and suggested a potion to help you out, one a dog, another playing cards. I just couldn’t decide, other then it would be wrapped in my favorite purple paper. I think I will crack open my diary and read to help me decide….

Wow I just am not even sure why we are friends, You have done some really mean things to me, I will have to read the rest of my diary after work, Its not like the ocean will run it self!

Well it was a slow day on the oceans today, no kades so I just hung out on my ships answered a few petitions, and finished reading my diary of our last 10 years, and ya, we have had our wars, Team Purple will always beat Team Evil, most of all we have fun!! Remember that Romantic Dinner in April when you asked me that special question? Good times! I have to say though when you took all my purple clothing and left me green and orange rags was a bit over the top, and sure I repaid you in kind by leaving you all purple cloths. We have spent time “redecorating each others ships, renaming each others fams. All and all you make me crazy but you’re a good friend.

Love and Kisses.,
Hera
TEAM PURPLE RULES
X O X O X O
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Mar 23, 2018 10:04:32 AM]
[Mar 17, 2018 4:28:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Obsidian

[based off of these kids books with the fur circles because I'm not a complete crazy person I swear]

Item: Small dog light blue pet bed hair control tonic

I originally had you looking delightedly evil, but then I realized the hole for the front was right over your face and, well, I'm not sure if the color scheme or that is more disturbing now.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Mar 21, 2018 7:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Bisca of Obsidian

I used the reaver's reserve from Budclare's 10th year.
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Redleaf
[Mar 22, 2018 5:22:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jadesteph

Redleaf of Obsidian

Redleaf on Obsidian
No Regrets
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jadesteph at Mar 22, 2018 4:46:52 PM]
[Mar 22, 2018 1:43:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

My gift choice from the list is a parrot. Now we know Cronus has his own parrot, but let's be honest; he needs a new one.

Card Cover

Card Inside

:3

Arianne of Obsidian
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lady_maeror at Mar 23, 2018 9:29:14 AM]
[Mar 23, 2018 9:26:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

..and TIME! We now head into the difficult task of judging. Yarr!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Mar 24, 2018 12:22:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Awesome work everyone! Thank you so much for the entries and for making our 10 year anniversary with YPP so much fun!

The winner, getting their very own Hera Doll trinket to play with, and a couple of Hera Eggs to keep or chuck at Cronus when you next see him, is Redleaf of Obsidian You will also be scoring Shiny Sun Points which I'll add to the running total soon.

Runner up, scoring themselves a nice renamed sloop (adjective Decennary, fishname - please petition in and tell me which common fishname you want!) is Cattrin of Obsidian You will also be getting Shiny Sun Points to add to yer stash!

Thanks again to everyone who entered, and here's to the next 10 years!
[Mar 25, 2018 8:50:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Congrats to the winners!

The entries were great.
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Mar 25, 2018 11:07:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jadesteph

Re: A Decade as a Deity! Art event, win a Hera Doll! (deadline 11.59pm March 23rd) -Winners announced Reply to this Post

Thanks Hera! <3 (will look forward to seeing Cronus again *insert some evil laugh*) :p

Great entries! I had fun reading them all. :)

Redleaf on Obsidian
No Regrets
[Mar 26, 2018 12:50:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Re: A Decade as a Deity! Art event, win a Hera Doll! (deadline 11.59pm March 23rd) -Winners announced Reply to this Post

Congratulations to the winners! Amazing work.
Do I get a hug because I made the only real life card? :P
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Redleaf
[Mar 26, 2018 4:11:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Congrats, both of you, and happy anniversary, Hera. :)

(I couldn't help noticing that they actually included purple in the owl palette, I assume for you. Did they think that would make up for the lack of peacocks?)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Mar 26, 2018 5:37:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates