• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2828 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
qlauncher

UPDATE: EVENT CANCELED, MILLION POE PRIZE STILL WINNABLE! The Hardest Pirate Puzzle EVER! Reply to this Post

---------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------
The few pirates who were still working tirelessly on the event and I decided to call it quits, because we were all getting flustered.

HOWEVER, the new puzzle will learn from that puzzle's mistakes and be fabulous!

You will see it on International JAZZ day, March 30th 2018.

More details to follow!

If you are interesting in seeing the solution to this puzzle, watch this video.
(Warning, possibly mild language. Can't remember.)

---------------------------------------------

A pirate is currently paddling his way to Obsidian Ocean, and he can't wait to meet you all!

Hoy mates! Jazz the pirate, back again with another exciting event.

THINGS TO KNOW:

[1] THIS IS AN ESCAPE ROOM/CRYPTOGRAPHY/CIPHER CODE/RIDDLE TYPE OF PUZZLE.
There are several layers of this puzzle, and it will challenge and frustrate you to no end. I wouldn't suggest going it alone, but be my guest!

[2] THE PRIZE FOR EVENT IS NOT YET DETERMINED.
I am currently awaiting a response from the Ocean Masters as to whether or not they would be able to provide a sort of special commemorative trinket to the pirate who solves the code this time around. If not possible, I will do my best to supply a trinket or other rare item to commemorate the achievement. This event is supposed to be a fun challenge for you all, and it's also to give me a few laughs here and there ;).

[3] THE BONUS PRIZE (1 MILLION POES ON OBSIDIAN) WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON WHO CRACKS THE CODE FIRST.
I am giving the 1 million PoE to the first pirate to crack the code. I will not be keeping up with teams and alliances, so its your piratey jobs to work only with pirates you trust if you plan to give this challenge a try with the help of others!

[4] JAZZ IS CONTROLLING THE MYSTERY PIRATE'S ACTIONS, BUT IS SEPARATE FROM THE PUZZLE.
I (Jazz) will be in control of this mysterious pirate, but I am not divulging any hints or tips of the puzzle with my main account. If you reach out to me once asking about the puzzle, you will get a warning about this. The second time, you will be muted by both my main and alt and you will not be able to win.

[5] THE MYSTERY PIRATE IS NOT IMPROVISING. EVERY INTERACTION, POSSESSION AND THING HE SAYS/DOES IS A PRODUCT OF MATICULOUS PLANNING.
There are things he will say that are are important. There are things he will say that are unimportant. It is up to you to figure it all out - nothing else to say!

--------------- UPDATE (Hints, Tips & Tricks!) -------------------------------
It has been a week since this adventure began, and it has been so confusing and difficult that most pirates have become disheartened from the start. It has been a great learning experience for me and I have already come away with great knowledge for the next adventure! That being said, here are a few more things to get you going:

- Greeting Cards are the key to figuring out the mystery.
- The way to win is by telling Boochking a group of words in a particular order to create a phrase.
- There are still more than a few Greeting cards that have yet to be seen by ANY pirate: make sure you are always trying new things/ asking new questions /considering all of Boochking's words and actions!

Thank you to the pirates who are helping fund this event!
JontheCarper - Poe funding.
Marston - Poe funding.
Niffelhem - Poe Funding.
Ozzy - Poe Funding.
Mipp - Poe Funding.
Cattrin - The avatar above.
----------------------------------------
JAZZ on Obsidian Ocean. - YPPStreamer! twitch.tv/jazzthepirate -
Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
[Edit 7 times, last edit by qlauncher at Mar 2, 2018 2:59:09 PM]
[Feb 17, 2018 7:16:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Re: The Hardest Pirate Puzzle EVER! Reply to this Post

O boi
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Feb 19, 2018 10:26:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Honestly the only reason I didn't attempt this is because it said it was solved by a group of pirates in 18 hours, which made me think the 1m poe was won.

I would edit that to say 'in testing the puzzle was solved in under 18 hours by a group of pirates'. I know I haven't attempted it because I thought the event was over!

Assuming its still on, I will promptly be participating since I don't get to participate in my own (I had too much fun making something similar though, so I doubt I am missing out).
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Mar 1, 2018 4:56:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Honestly the only reason I didn't attempt this is because it said it was solved by a group of pirates in 18 hours, which made me think the 1m poe was won.

I believe that was the previous puzzle he did, which was the 'Find Jazz the pirate' one.
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Mar 1, 2018 11:22:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates