• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1707 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Flotilla's Reply to this Post

So we now have 4 Flotilla's on Obsidian. What makes them spawn? I don't recall seeing that many on any ocean at once. Are we hurting our self by sinking them? What if we left one wouldn't it drop on an island and then that island open up to us? Seems odd that there are 4 at the moment.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
SO/Parlor/Labor/SMH badge 39 dubs
You can play free to try it
[Feb 8, 2018 6:43:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Re: Flotilla's Reply to this Post

As far as I know they can only drop on the colonised islands, and flotillas are more fun (and rewarding) than having to defend an island against a BK imo. They wouldn’t open up new islands. Maybe the large amount of flotillas is just for something to do with lack of islands to Cade?
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Feb 8, 2018 6:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

BKs have almost the same blockade limitations that players do. They can only drop on islands that are open for blockade (Loggerhead and Magpie in Obsidian's case), and their blockades take place within the same window.

The only differences are BKs declare their blockades much earlier in the week, and the governor can choose the time of the blockade, as long as it is within the blockade window. If blockades are closed to players, the BK blockades can only occur at noon PT on the Saturday, and they can only occur from scuttles.

The only reason that BKs get islands that are going to be opened for blockade is because the OMs transfer the island to be opened to the BK flag before the blockade, and then enable the island to be blockaded. This is more than likely to avoid point sits that have taken place in the past when new islands have opened and only one flag dropped on the island.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at Feb 8, 2018 9:03:06 PM]
[Feb 8, 2018 8:59:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

The only reason that BKs get islands that are going to be opened for blockade is because the OMs transfer the island to be opened to the BK flag before the blockade, and then enable the island to be blockaded. This is more than likely to avoid point sits that have taken place in the past when new islands have opened and only one flag dropped on the island.

Yep, just as you said!

They have used Finius for both islands so far, and his flotillas were not near or active at all prior to island openings. I do believe we’re exhibiting larger flotillas spawning as something else to do :)
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Feb 9, 2018 2:14:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Hmm....thanks for the information, its a 2 week window then the drop a kade correct? I love more kades even BK kades. I hope they keep the number at 4 it will force the island holders to kill them or kade them, or potently lose the island. This could keep the islands changing hands.
[Feb 9, 2018 4:38:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Hmm....thanks for the information, its a 2 week window then the drop a kade correct? I love more kades even BK kades. I hope they keep the number at 4 it will force the island holders to kill them or kade them, or potently lose the island. This could keep the islands changing hands.

Most of the BK related things are automatically calculated, not explicitly set by GH, and there are random factors thrown in. Don't read too much into what happens.

The number of flotillas reflects the number of islands owned by BKs. If BKs took both player islands, flotillas would probably stop spawning, but as BKs don't own any islands, several should be around on Thursdays. More flotillas will spawn if more are driven away, so if there are still 4 around next week, it is unlikely that any new ones will spawn. If they are all driven away, expect 2-5 new ones to spawn next week.

Also, the strength of BK blockades depends on the "economic activity" of the islands. If BKs blockade any island on Obsidian, expect high ship-strength numbers. On Cerulean, they are usually quite weak blockades.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 9, 2018 4:55:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

So what causes the spawns? Where are they on Obsidian? They create kades when players don't unless killed off... Its becoming clear we need them to create kades on Obsidan as their have been more weekends with out them then with them. Its not good for the game/ocean.

Ypeida says Thursday at noon?

Flotillas will be constant nodes of Brigand King focus. BK flotillas appear at random locations around the ocean; however, a Brigand King ruling an island will not have a flotilla. New flotillas have been observed to appear on Thursdays around noon game time. A flotilla in a region means the likely target of the Brigand King is nearby, however BKs have been known to drop on islands in other nearby archipelagos if there are no targets near their flotilla.

Any number of players on any number of ships may attack the forces of the BK in a continuous flotilla battle board. Ships may come and go, like a blockade. Sinking a Brigand King's supply ships puts treasure on the board for hauling. Sinking a sufficient quantity of the "green" supply ships forces the BK to relocate his/her flotilla elsewhere, removing the threat from the local islands.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Mar 3, 2018 7:24:40 AM]
[Mar 3, 2018 4:42:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Its becoming clear we need them to create kades on Obsidan as their have been more weekends with out them then with them. Its not good for the game/ocean.

Still waiting for you to join a flag and drop on me island.

A BK cade won't change a thing as you can sink it off in one round with this population.

If some1 were to make me a flag and keep the fame high enough i'd cade myself.
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Mar 3, 2018 7:25:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Its becoming clear we need them to create kades on Obsidan as their have been more weekends with out them then with them. Its not good for the game/ocean.

Still waiting for you to join a flag and drop on me island.

A BK cade won't change a thing as you can sink it off in one round with this population.

If some1 were to make me a flag and keep the fame high enough i'd cade myself.

BK kades require rum, cannonballs jobbers they change lots of things. They are also fun. I am not at all interested in the kade scene running side as its ridiculously swipe to win, you swipe away I will travel and take vacations.

Will you fund CIS attack? how About AH? Since you want to kade your self why not toss them 5-10m and lets party.
[Mar 3, 2018 7:30:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

It is likely that Obsidian is set to not have flotillas create BK blockades at the moment. In the blockade opening thread in Announcements, there's a mention of Malachite no longer going untouched by BK blockades.

Obviously scuttles can (and do) still happen, but scuttles have always been allowed, even during the short time of the year when players can't blockade.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Mar 3, 2018 10:40:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

It is likely that Obsidian is set to not have flotillas create BK blockades at the moment. In the blockade opening thread in Announcements, there's a mention of Malachite no longer going untouched by BK blockades.

Obviously scuttles can (and do) still happen, but scuttles have always been allowed, even during the short time of the year when players can't blockade.

Well they were put on the maps twice I think. They were destroyed quickly, it would seem were due for them if they are constant nodes of Brigand kings focus

Flotillas will be constant nodes of Brigand King focus.

[Mar 3, 2018 1:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates