• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10240 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
shadymermady

A Mustering at Magpie - Win a War Frig and War Brigs! Reply to this Post

Blame Brenda is hosting an event blockade at Magpie Island!

Event Details:

When: Saturday 17th Feb 4pm game time ( is on the NB if you need to check )
Where: Magpie Island
Who: All flags are welcome ( alliances have been turned off for the event)

Event Rules:

Pay cap of 3k/seg Maximum
Non Sinking
Small ships only - Sloops, Dhows and Fanchuan's

The event is set for 5 rounds but the qualifying rounds will be the first two rounds only.
The winning flag will be the flag with the most COMBINED points for the first two rounds.

Any flag that breaks the pay cap will be automatically disqualified.

Prizes:

1st - 1 War Frig and 2 War Brigs
2nd - 2 War Brigs
3rd - 1 War Brig

Prizes will be traded with the monarch of the winning flag.

I wish you all good luck in the event!

Blame Brenda will continue to host more events for as long as we hold the island.
If you have any questions feel free to post below or send me a PM on here or in game.
----------------------------------------
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Feb 8, 2018 5:59:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: A Mustering at Magpie - Win a War Frig and War Brigs! Reply to this Post

Great Event! Sounds Fun!
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

!!!Bad Social Player!!! Can't keep track of who is who....
[Feb 8, 2018 6:29:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

While I think the event is a great thing the timing is during active kade window.

That is some poor planing or just a false way to gain support. Look at what were doing, support us, which I would have, but this is ridiculous to put an event of such a nature with the possibility to be kaded this weekend and then the event is in prime kade window time the following weekend.

Would have been a great Friday night or Sunday event not during the active kade window. Seems intentional as a flag with the experience of BB would know this event isn't likely to happen.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Feb 9, 2018 5:59:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

When the truth comes out that you really used a mechanic to block part of the kade window. I have no issue with sharing your calling me out. Its really sad that the mechanic does exist and while just like skutleing the island is allowed its really a sad state of defense.

Instead of calling you out in the forums im sending you a pm.

Please educate yourself before making stupid accusations.

There are game mechanics that make it possible for a flag to set an event during a cade window but to do so the event must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance. No flag can drop a chest on the island during the set time.

For someone who spends as much time as you do correcting others on the forums i would think you would do the bare minimum research before posting such a shitty post.

You can guess for your self who sent it since I can't share it. but I have gotten tells too.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Feb 10, 2018 12:28:53 PM]
[Feb 10, 2018 12:27:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Just incase anyone has doubts about the event happening after reading this clowns enlightening post

Seems intentional as a flag with the experience of BB would know this event isn't likely to happen.

Would like to make it clear that the event will 100% still be happening and we look forward to it : )

By the way, if we were wanting to shield the island from drops we could have BK scuttled the past 2 weekends but didn't. We could also scuttle shield next weekend coming if we wanted to.

The time is set for the weekend because I would actually like to watch the event that I organised and that my flag is giving away over 1 mill worth of ships at. It is set at that time because i am from Australia and as much as i love waking up at 4am for 95% of blockades i didn't think anyone would be so butt hurt if i set an event at a time that actually suits my side of the world for once.

So again, i really look forward to seeing a ton of baby ships clashing around for a couple of rounds and hope everyone has an enjoyable time xx
Betty - Obsidian

[Feb 11, 2018 4:24:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

i didn't think anyone would be so butt hurt

Not butt hurt at all you basically reduced the ability to kade the island by 50% on Sat the 17th.

The Generous gift of 1M worth the ships is nothing as you would have lost the equivalent in a kade, and well if you scuttle then you lose ships and pay so again it was a nice block.

The event is fantastic as my first post stated, and I enjoyed helping you win Magpie as I didn't like the Disney name's either. The timing is a poor choice could have been the same time Sunday and not been in the kade window. Its a nice move just sad the mechanic exist just like scuttling.

Its funny how many people know what your up to with the timing but afraid to say it here. I get the tells of encouragement for calling it out and the threats. They both are amusing but most of all I love the name calling.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Feb 11, 2018 5:03:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

The timing is a poor choice could have been the same time Sunday and not been in the kade window. Its a nice move just sad the mechanic exist just like scuttling.

That would have been Monday in Australia. You know, a weekday. Nice job empathizing with the people who consistently get screwed by the time difference.

I'm getting flashbacks to the early days of Malachite, but not in a good way. If they make a habit of this, it's bad. One time for the sake of an event (a real event, not just a regular event blockade that no one shows up for)? You're being melodramatic. Especially since no one dropped on them two weeks in a row, so the island clearly isn't in much demand at the moment...

You don't complain that blockades are only allowed on weekends or that blockades are closed for the holidays, but add one other day when you can't blockade a particular island and suddenly your right to blockade any time you please except all the times you can't is being violated. Boohoo.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Feb 11, 2018 6:21:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

That would have been Monday in Australia. You know, a weekday. Nice job empathizing with the people who consistently get screwed by the time difference.

Like I said Friday Game time would have worked too. Its up to the players to decide for me it seems like a way to block a kade.

You don't complain that blockades are only allowed on weekends or that blockades are closed for the holidays, but add one other day when you can't blockade a particular island and suddenly your right to blockade any time you please except all the times you can't is being violated. Boohoo.

I am not sure what or who this was directed at but I didn't like the shortening of the kade window and have posted so in this thread . I am Fine with a Thur-Mon Kade window that overlaps everyone weekends it would require flags to find people in those area's to cover/protect their islands.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Feb 11, 2018 7:32:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

As an Aussie, its refreshing having a blockade occur at a time that isn't entirely inconvenient to me.

When you consider it, it would be far wiser if BB was trying to blockades on the island, for the flag to block off a time where their leadership is unable to make it on, ensuring any blockade against them falls on a time when their organisation is at its peak. By putting a blockade at the best time for themselves, they are leaving themselves quite vulnerable at less convenient times.

With the 2 week notice requirement, it certainly gives enough notice for flags who wish to attack them to mobilise.

Also, they are giving smaller flags a chance to blockade without being overwhelmed straight away, maybe it will just go to the flag with the most ships and money, but there is a far better chance for smaller flags to win. The fact that it is on a weekend means that a small flag can do a weekend blockade, which is not something that always happens, so for all of the reasons listed, I feel that for me personally, its fine for event blockades to occur on weekends, as long as it is not abused (which the game itself prevents with the 2 week restriction).
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Feb 11, 2018 5:00:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeri4

I find it odd that you can possibly complain about the fact that BB is doing an event blockade because it could possibly block an actual blockade. As someone who is involved in the Kade scene, I don?t see this as an issue considering they planned it two whole weeks in advance giving any flag plenty of fair warning who plans on contesting Magpie. Not to mention there hasn?t been a drop in the past two weekends either. So now that they are organizing something to actually happen, someone wants to complain? Isn?t an event that is meant to encourage the WHOLE ocean to get involved better than another silent weekend or the same two flags going at it on the Kade board?

The Kade scene is already dying on this ocean as they have only opened up two islands. This actually gives smaller flags a chance to participate and win something everyone wants right now- a war frig. Why try and knock down something that is meant to help stop this game from dying off so quickly and give people something fun to do. It amazes me what people complain about sometimes. Just because there isn?t going to be 10k a seg chucked up on the NB people want to get butthurt. There will be no Kade windows to block when no one logs on to play anymore.

Edited to add I think this event is great idea btw and hope it goes well.
-Aeri
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeri4 at Feb 11, 2018 8:57:45 PM]
[Feb 11, 2018 8:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Just because there isn?t going to be 10k a seg chucked up on the NB people want to get butthurt. There will be no Kade windows to block when no one logs on to play anymore.

First off Hats off to you guys for the great CIS and AH alliance that left you with an island and them bleed of poe. I don't know if you missed the whole desire to see kades capped post but ya the kades scene has died. 2 flags both in the same faction have gained weeks on the building of Frigs. Reality is setting in every weekend that no kades happen. Giving a way a few Frigs or selling them for millions when you can crank them out won't even the playing field, but its a game of war. The politics are interesting and the ability to block an attack is in the mechanics, I don't have to like it but far from butt hurt. I do find the treating tells funny and the pm's calling me out as uninformed fun. I didn't know the event kade blocked the kade drop. In my opinion that was worse then I originally thought. It would be a good time for someone to drop on Logger as many smaller flags as you said will be participating in the event. It would be even more brilliant if BB took control of both islands while everyone is busy in the event kade. Can't wait to see if wee get kades next weekend even at 2k seg.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Feb 11, 2018 9:37:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Magpie hasn't seen a blockade for the past two weekends. Given that the island is fully built up, I can't see anybody wanting to blockade it this upcoming weekend either.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Feb 12, 2018 10:43:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

I find it odd that you can possibly complain about the fact that BB is doing an event blockade because it could possibly block an actual blockade. As someone who is involved in the Kade scene, I don?t see this as an issue considering they planned it two whole weeks in advance giving any flag plenty of fair warning who plans on contesting Magpie. Not to mention there hasn?t been a drop in the past two weekends either. So now that they are organizing something to actually happen, someone wants to complain? Isn?t an event that is meant to encourage the WHOLE ocean to get involved better than another silent weekend or the same two flags going at it on the Kade board?

The Kade scene is already dying on this ocean as they have only opened up two islands. This actually gives smaller flags a chance to participate and win something everyone wants right now- a war frig. Why try and knock down something that is meant to help stop this game from dying off so quickly and give people something fun to do. It amazes me what people complain about sometimes. Just because there isn?t going to be 10k a seg chucked up on the NB people want to get butthurt. There will be no Kade windows to block when no one logs on to play anymore.

Edited to add I think this event is great idea btw and hope it goes well.

Theres a thing called quotations :P
Well events blocking off possible times for someone to drop is bad, BKs will eventually drop anyway, haven't seen many dark side flags cade other than CIS.
Would be nice to see a more active cade scene, dunno when they'll open up more islands :/
Stan is a true hero.

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, all those wasted new players :/
[Feb 13, 2018 1:56:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Just because there isn?t going to be 10k a seg chucked up on the NB people want to get butthurt. There will be no Kade windows to block when no one logs on to play anymore.

First off Hats off to you guys for the great CIS and AH alliance that left you with an island and them bleed of poe. I don't know if you missed the whole desire to see kades capped post but ya the kades scene has died. 2 flags both in the same faction have gained weeks on the building of Frigs. Reality is setting in every weekend that no kades happen. Giving a way a few Frigs or selling them for millions when you can crank them out won't even the playing field, but its a game of war. The politics are interesting and the ability to block an attack is in the mechanics, I don't have to like it but far from butt hurt. I do find the treating tells funny and the pm's calling me out as uninformed fun. I didn't know the event kade blocked the kade drop. In my opinion that was worse then I originally thought. It would be a good time for someone to drop on Logger as many smaller flags as you said will be participating in the event. It would be even more brilliant if BB took control of both islands while everyone is busy in the event kade. Can't wait to see if wee get kades next weekend even at 2k seg.

Do you not get the point.. like seriously?

As one of the few flags on this ocean that has decided to drop a chest we had a whole 2 weeks warning if we suddenly felt inclined to take Magpie. We have no issue with them hosting this event and it's even something to do, in fact I'm happy to lend any smaller/newer flags some small ships if they wish to compete.

You also realise that if someone does drop on Logger whilst this is ongoing people are 95% more likely to show up at Logger to job for either the attacker or defender right?

Equally, I can see countless different Frigs showing up at multiple islands that are neither in BB or AH and were not supplied by BB or AH - there are 3 OM SY's pumping out frigs too.. there is no Frig monopoly that you so suggest.

And as for the AH and CIS alliance being for us to get an island and them being bled? I don't feel it warrants any form of valid response because it is such a stupid theory.

Do you believe the moon landing was fake? Is 2Pac still alive? Was JFK shot from the Grassy Knoll after all? Does the world actually have straight edges and is in fact flat?
Seepnah
[Feb 14, 2018 11:16:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

3 OM SY's pumping out frigs too

Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Feb 14, 2018 1:02:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

early bird gets the worm.
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Feb 14, 2018 2:22:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Last I checked each had 75 orders..

[edited: do not post spam or other nonsense that disrupts the forum's formatting, functionality, or usability - including "pyramids". Be respectful and polite to others.]
Seepnah
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Feb 16, 2018 9:19:38 AM]
[Feb 14, 2018 2:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

I've peitioned for past 2-3 weeks for an order of a frig and they still say there out of stock so really, its only loggerhead/magpie pumping out frigs buddy.
On another point, OMs didn't make this fair with the WF problem after all.

[edited: do not post spam or other nonsense that disrupts the forum's formatting, functionality, or usability - including "pyramids".]
Stan is a true hero.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Feb 16, 2018 9:20:25 AM]
[Feb 14, 2018 2:39:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I love names, just a reminder all are to be at least 14 years of age to play.

Shops do not magic product because it simply has orders. You should know this as a manager but if you don't i will try to explain.

A full Ship Yard can put out approximately one frig a day with full labor. The OM stalls have a major lack of Expert Labor and are not producing any where near max capacity. I know when my labor alts are in the shop time goes down, when I remove them the time goes to a long time.

3 Shipyards feeding 2 flags compared to 3 poorly run shipyards feeding the entire rest of the ocean does indeed leave a major difference in the number of frigs that the o Flags can get with out a premium price, basically funding those who they wish to attack.

I also would venture to guess some in the flags with islands have also ordered Ships from the OM's I know I would have.

[edited: do not quote offensive remarks.]
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Feb 16, 2018 9:21:11 AM]
[Feb 14, 2018 3:30:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

3 Shipyards feeding 2 flags compared to 3 poorly run shipyards

I am SHOCKED! shocked to find poorly run ringer shipyards!

In November,
Algol wrote: 
As for the three ringer run shops, well I can only hope they do a hell of a lot better than they have done for the last decade on the Ice ocean. It might be possible, but they have a horrible track record.

In January,
Algol wrote: 
Based on how well OOO ran their SY shop on Ice, I wouldn't hold my breath that you will actually be able to order even a small ship from them, let alone a large one.

I could find more of my posts about how badly OOO ran their SY on Ice, but it would be a waste of time. Don't hold your breath that they will fix it, they never fixed Ice.

[edited: do not quote offensive remarks.]
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Feb 16, 2018 9:21:42 AM]
[Feb 14, 2018 5:37:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

3 Shipyards feeding 2 flags compared to 3 poorly run shipyards feeding the entire rest of the ocean does indeed leave a major difference in the number of frigs that the o Flags can get with out a premium price, basically funding those who they wish to attack.

One of my SYs has not built a single ship for our flag so that statement is incorrect. Bouquet of Brigs has only built Frigs (and now MGs) for other flags.

There is a current count posted in the SY which shows how many ships have been built for each faction in the news.
Betty - Obsidian

[Feb 14, 2018 6:21:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Last I checked each had 75 orders.. are you just an idiot or?

3 Shipyards feeding 2 flags compared to 3 poorly run shipyards

I am SHOCKED! shocked to find poorly run ringer shipyards!

In November,
Algol wrote: 
As for the three ringer run shops, well I can only hope they do a hell of a lot better than they have done for the last decade on the Ice ocean. It might be possible, but they have a horrible track record.

In January,
Algol wrote: 
Based on how well OOO ran their SY shop on Ice, I wouldn't hold my breath that you will actually be able to order even a small ship from them, let alone a large one.

I could find more of my posts about how badly OOO ran their SY on Ice, but it would be a waste of time. Don't hold your breath that they will fix it, they never fixed Ice.

In fairness the prices they are offering for the goods are reasonable, the thing lacking is labor, I don't think they intended on players making alt armies and doing their entire shop solo. The wages they are paying are enough to make money and near an average to fair price, but people would rather work for more and they are just being out bid at the moment for labor. They pay 35/45/60

Their pay isn't out of line just people not giving them the Expert. But yes they could up their rates then people will complain they are stealing the labors so not sure they have a winnable situation here other then om magic labor which isn't really right either.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Feb 14, 2018 6:26:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Can we all gtfo off sexy betty's event post tyvm.

And oh yeah, i had every single WF order locked down for the first 2+ weeks in every single OM shop :D recked. early bird gets the worm, hmmmmm delicious.
[Feb 14, 2018 9:43:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

And oh yeah, i had every single WF order locked down for the first 2+ weeks in every single OM shop :D recked. early bird gets the worm, hmmmmm delicious.

Can you drop on people with that credit card? I need some monay :c
Stan is a true hero.

[Feb 15, 2018 1:09:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Can you drop on people with that credit card? I need some monay :c

if they open new islands, sure thing bruff
[Feb 15, 2018 2:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

The way OM SY's work is you have to sell the stock in.. you don't just petition them to help you -.-

Jake.. you are also misinformed. A Shipyard with capped labour makes more than 1 frig a day however please do feel free to tell me how they work, I've never built a fleet before.
Seepnah
[Feb 15, 2018 12:52:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

The way OM SY's work is you have to sell the stock in.. you don't just petition them to help you -.-

Jake.. you are also misinformed. A Shipyard with capped labour makes more than 1 frig a day however please do feel free to tell me how they work, I've never built a fleet before.

A full Ship Yard can put out approximately one frig a day with full labor . The OM stalls have a major lack of Expert Labor and are not producing any where near max capacity. I know when my labor alts are in the shop time goes down, when I remove them the time goes to a long time.

WF takes 1325 labor hours perWiki

A fully upgraded shop the larges the game has can pus through a max of 68 hours, There are 24 hours in a day 24*68= 1,632 Hours a day max (providing they have a perfect balance and the hours are all used which I have never personally seen in any shop or stall using more then one type of labor.
Per Wiki

So if you can put out a max 1 per day, a day being 24 hours. 8 in a week, again if every thing is perfect. Math still seems one a day is realistically all you can do but lets go for a month 30 days. hmm.. in 30 days you can push out 36.95 so we will count that as 37 because math. 37/30= 1.233333 aday

Seems like approximately 1 a day no matter how hard I try to get that up to more then one I can't the math won't work. Again this assumes perfection of balance in the SY Labor. Can you show me a screen shot of one day a player owned ship yard put out more or equal to 1,632 Hours? Did I mention the OM Ship yards are lacking Expert labor, I know cause I can suck up lots of it all my hours on multiple pirates all with deluxe badges they buy all the hours I can sell.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Feb 15, 2018 3:02:22 PM]
[Feb 15, 2018 3:01:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Say you make 9 a week, that = more than 1 frig a day on average.. not hard to work out.

Basic example from this week.. don't feel like digging further.

Seepnah
[Feb 15, 2018 4:09:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Say you make 9 a week, that = more than 1 frig a day on average.. not hard to work out.

That's unnecessarily pedantic to be quite honest
Jjc on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Feb 15, 2018 4:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

That's unnecessarily pedantic to be quite honest

He told me it's 1 frig a day.. I pointed out it isn't which is what the whole argument is about. Can you are to enlighten me on how I'm being pedantic?
Seepnah
[Feb 15, 2018 5:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates