• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 69
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8651 times and has 68 replies Next Thread
Stan5

The Goodbye Thread Reply to this Post

Strangely, there isn't a goodbye thread for this ocean but before rumors start flying, allow me to start them myself.

Regrettably, but as anticipated, I have been forced into early retirement by the Oceannmasters due to my continuous disregard for the game's Terms and Services, an infraction which I wouldn't lie to myself and everyone else, I did both knowingly and unknowingly. This should not be seen as any form of appeal or attempt at pity party but more of a farewell. In my short time on the Obsidian Ocean, I made a lot of friends, as well as a lot of...well enemies I suppose, all of whom I feel like I have let down now.

First and foremost, to my crewmates, o boi, I love you guys, please don't burn down the Pirate Hall on Lionhaven. I definitely let you all down and you have my sincerest apologies. The thousand+ battles we were able to do together has been one of the best times I've had on this game, and in all honesty, in my life till date. Hell, only took 35 of us hardworking motherscupperers to take a crew to the #2 spot and sit there for a couple weeks. That's dedication if I have seen any. I'm sorry I may not be around any longer to teach, motivate, lead and be lead by you guys. I never saw myself as your captain, hence why I stepped down a couple weeks back, but more of your Battle Navigator. You guys made everything we achieved possible and I want to thank you.

To my hearties, friends, fan club, jobbers (whether you only came around once, or are one of those that log on just to come on my Pillages, and log right off after), those I made banter with on Global Chat, Faction chat, (lol and even Trade Chat), I'm once again sorry I let you all down by being so careless. There will be more after me hopefully that will take my place and wow you whether as a Battle Navigator, or someone to say the stupidest barnacle just to get a laugh out of you. Those of you that dedicated your time, donated your pets and familiars for me to add to the mystery box giveaways, ships when I had nothing and needed to B-nav, and even those that sent me supportive messages when things were rough, thank you guys. To those that dedicate their time to pushing past the boundaries in the game, and not being content till they ran voyages that are wort spending 24 hours of your day on - Technitium, Andrax, Daquan, my Idols, Luigi, Trunks - please don't stop, so we can give people reasons to log on the game and enjoy it.

To those with the /complain command as their hotkey, well keep doing what you do, you guys are the ones that keep the rest of us naughty pirates in check. You guys are the real rockstars of this game, and I say that without any form of sarc...yeah who am I kidding, go pound sand. Keep complaining there aren't enough players in the game while being quick to report people for things as simple as misusing trade chat. God forbid you just send them a tell telling them to stop whatever rule they are breaking.

And last but definitely not the least, to the Oceanmasters, Hera, Nemesis, and developer Forculus, thank you guys for at least making this wonderful game possible for us to enjoy. I shared some laughs with you guys whether publicly or in tells, and one of my memorable times would be getting jobbed on your ship, Nemesis and getting planked (which in turn led to me planking Hera off mine). You guys are amazing, and the little interactions players like myself got to have with you truly are memorable. I'm sorry I didn't heed to the thousand "Ocean Master Messages/Warnings" I received everyday for the things I said to people or did, and the two suspensions I received. I threw away an opportunity to make a difference in the game, but I am thankful that I had the opportunity in the first place.

To everyone else, never stop striding for greatness. Run unconventional amazing voyages, take something other than a sloop out, and destroy those brigands and barbarians. Don't resort to exploiting the game mechanics just so you can sit on the top 4 b-nav spots on the Ultimate list with your alts because it makes you feel better about yourself and never stop fighting to get the payout system fixed. I've sent in a ban appeal but regardless of the outcome, I think its about time I hung up my boots, maybe. Once again, sorry for letting you guys down, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you in ways that I knew best.

Hi, I'm Stan and I love to Pillage.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Stan5 at Jan 29, 2018 10:04:32 AM]
[Jan 29, 2018 9:53:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

Re: The Goodbye Thread Reply to this Post

Man, at a loss. You were the best Captain/mate any of us could ask for. You always had our backs and we'll forever appreciate the endless pillages. I'll make sure to keep global in check for ye, and make sure you check on the o' boi's once in a while.

- Pasterino.
Sincerely, Pasteyman
A Glorious Basterd
[Jan 29, 2018 10:17:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Fair Well Stan your pillages were fun and your banter was enjoyable.

Most of all thanks for this post admitting that you got warnings ect... I hope others heed the warnings and we lose no more pirates.
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
SO/Parlor/Labor/SMH badge 39 dubs
You can play free to try it
[Jan 29, 2018 10:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Same as stan, peace.

asl
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Luxory at Jan 29, 2018 5:00:16 PM]
[Jan 29, 2018 10:23:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cecilian

Aww Stan :(
Whut

---------------------------------------

Ceci
Obsidian/Cerulean
[Jan 29, 2018 10:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

honeslty you will be missed. great addition to the game, i always laughed at your remarks. and yeh you might 'misused' the trade chat, but it was not that bad. couldnt they just give you a trade chat bann??

ty for the good times!
[Jan 29, 2018 11:51:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

honeslty you will be missed. great addition to the game, i always laughed at your remarks. and yeh you might 'misused' the trade chat, but it was not that bad. couldnt they just give you a trade chat bann??

ty for the good times!

To be clear, no I wasn't banned for misusing trade chat, Yes, I got at least 1 OM warning message a day regarding language or trade chat, or evading a mute to rip someone a new one. I broke several of the rules, and that was just one of them.
[Jan 29, 2018 11:56:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Monliz

Thank you Stan for everything you did for all of us on Obsidian. You are truly one of the best things going for the game and I am not giving up hope you get out of PP jail soon. We need the likes of you to keep it going. Good luck!
Monlizzy
Captain and Counselor of Midnight Aurora
Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Meridian Ocean
Queen of Lion's Bane on the Obsidian Ocean
Shawe tells ye, "would not be surprised if you were a man the way you act half the time lol"
[Jan 29, 2018 12:08:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

GooooodByeeee : /
(or is it? )

honeslty you will be missed. great addition to the game, i always laughed at your remarks. and yeh you might 'misused' the trade chat, but it was not that bad. couldnt they just give you a trade chat bann?? ty for the good times!

Nobody gets banned for chat related stuff :p At worst you have to log on after a set cooldown and are forced to type in a sentence you can't copy paste with proper punctuation! xD
Cruzo of Obsidian
(rip other oceans)
[Jan 29, 2018 1:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

yes you can, if you keep continuing and doing things youve been warned for
[Jan 29, 2018 2:22:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

@ stan,

Too bad.. there is a lot of salty people complainign about a lot... a lot more than is needed. (doesnt make your error's ok). i just hope you can get out off PP jail as lizzy describes. we need people like you . well best of luck mate!
[Jan 29, 2018 2:23:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

Oh stan ;-;
Technitium(m)
[Jan 29, 2018 2:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Aw, Stan. We'll miss you. :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 29, 2018 5:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alerik37

You will be missed brother, stay amazing.
[Jan 29, 2018 5:41:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

To those with the /complain command as their hotkey, well keep doing what you do, you guys are the ones that keep the rest of us naughty pirates in check. You guys are the real rockstars of this game, and I say that without any form of sarc...yeah who am I kidding, go pound sand. Keep complaining there aren't enough players in the game while being quick to report people for things as simple as misusing trade chat. God forbid you just send them a tell telling them to stop whatever rule they are breaking.

I'm not one of "those", neither have I /complained anyone for tradechat misuse. But don't even begin to suggest that a small game population justifies any form of misuse or protection against reporting. False reporting has its own repercussions anyway.

In any case, your routine pillages with giveaways have become a staple on Obsidian and will probably be missed by many. Hope your ban appeal goes through, although disregarding OM warnings is kinda no-no. Fair winds Stan.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jan 29, 2018 6:35:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stardial

It won't be the same without you :(
Emery of Obsidian
[Jan 29, 2018 9:48:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

So good at the game even Eminem wrote a song about you.
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Basterds
King of Guerrilla Warfare
[Jan 30, 2018 5:59:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
k0rte

So good at the game even Eminem wrote a song about you.

And they both die at the end, rest in pepperoni.
[Jan 30, 2018 7:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Daysire

GooooodByeeee : /
(or is it? )

honeslty you will be missed. great addition to the game, i always laughed at your remarks. and yeh you might 'misused' the trade chat, but it was not that bad. couldnt they just give you a trade chat bann?? ty for the good times!

Nobody gets banned for chat related stuff :p At worst you have to log on after a set cooldown and are forced to type in a sentence you can't copy paste with proper punctuation! xD

That's just completely false. I know plenty of people banned for saying simply bad words. E.g my old captain Zedan who flamed someone to get cancer and got perm banned on the spot.

@stan I don't like that an active and big player in the game got banned. Did u at least go out with a bang and break a major rule? Or did you seriously get banned just for these minor things? And I don't get why OMs can't just mute players instead of ban them
[Feb 1, 2018 6:54:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

That's just completely false. I know plenty of people banned for saying simply bad words. E.g my old captain Zedan who flamed someone to get cancer and got perm banned on the spot.

That is not why your captain got banned. You've fallen into the usual trap of thinking that a banned player would never ever lie about the facts of their ban.

Edited to make it clear that I was responding to the post above this
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demeter at Feb 3, 2018 6:32:15 AM]
[Feb 1, 2018 8:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

That is not why your captain got banned. You've fallen into the usual trap of thinking that a banned player would never ever lie about the facts of their ban.

You mean it wasn't because of something his younger brother did?
[Feb 1, 2018 8:37:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

It's at least his 3rd permanent ban, I don't see how there's any sympathy at this point.
Jcmorgan on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Feb 1, 2018 8:48:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

It's at least his 3rd permanent ban, I don't see how there's any sympathy at this point.

I guess cause well people didn't know. On a different thought why do these threads even live the violate the TOS. Post from banned players should be erased immediately so we can gossip to where they went to. As you said JC the sympathy is strong here and even caused some anger by some to see the great Stan banned but seems it was unwarranted. If your banned from the game why not the fourms.
[Feb 1, 2018 8:57:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Daysire

Not like I didn't have doubts, but I can't exactly ask you guys the truth because you wouldn't tell anyone, so it's just all I have to go off
[Feb 1, 2018 10:16:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Again, for the 100th time, my ban is for breaking multiple parts of the terms of services. I am 100% guilty of what I was banned for and while my appeal is in works. Regardless of the outcome, I have chosen to permanently retire from the game. It was a combination of both major and minor infractions but Demeter's response was towards the "Captainzedan" comment from Daysire I believe. I don't have any younger brothers to blame anything on and I'm only clearing this up because of all the skype/discord messages i'm getting regarding this thread. Thank you for all the well wishes but I have a lot of real life things going on, and in the case I'm not permitted to come back, I do not wish to join the rest of the "85%" that are currently evading without repercussion. I love/hate you guys, Stan out
[Feb 1, 2018 11:31:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Again, for the 100th time, my ban is for breaking multiple parts of the terms of services. I am 100% guilty of what I was banned for and while my appeal is in works. Regardless of the outcome, I have chosen to permanently retire from the game. It was a combination of both major and minor infractions but Demeter's response was towards the "Captainzedan" comment from Daysire I believe. I don't have any younger brothers to blame anything on and I'm only clearing this up because of all the skype/discord messages i'm getting regarding this thread. Thank you for all the well wishes but I have a lot of real life things going on, and in the case I'm not permitted to come back, I do not wish to join the rest of the "85%" that are currently evading without repercussion. I love/hate you guys, Stan out

I hope everyone reading this learns/knows not to act this way. An employee who is sacked shouldn't go around saying "I quit, and scupper the rest of you who deserve to be sacked too". Say thankyou and goodbye, then bye.
This thread shouldn't exist anyway, I've to agree with Jake on this one.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Feb 1, 2018 8:12:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Daysire

I guess cause well people didn't know. On a different thought why do these threads even live the violate the TOS. Post from banned players should be erased immediately so we can gossip to where they went to. As you said JC the sympathy is strong here and even caused some anger by some to see the great Stan banned but seems it was unwarranted. If your banned from the game why not the fourms.

Maybe because the forums and ingame are totally different places? This is the place where the same 10 people voice their 700th complaint over playercount and lack of updates, and ingame is the actual game
[Feb 2, 2018 12:43:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Goodbye threads exist so anyone who's leaving the game can say goodbye. There's no reason why banned players can't use them as long as they aren't ban-pleading in the forum.

Stan came right out and said it was his fault. Any problem with this thread was caused by other people.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Feb 2, 2018 2:16:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Goodbye threads exist so anyone who's leaving the game can say goodbye. There's no reason why banned players can't use them as long as they aren't ban-pleading in the forum.

Stan came right out and said it was his fault. Any problem with this thread was caused by other people.

Does it help or hurt the game.... Stan was a player many liked, and well I my self was put off that they would ban someone like him. It makes you wonder why you play a game with a shrinking player base that kicks people off for misusing chat instead of suspending them or muting them. No he didn't state that was the only reason but it was implied and I also understood the post that way. He left out the bigger issues/violations.

The notice board is emptier with out Stans regular pillages and it sucks over all. He ran a lot of week day pillages that haven't been replaced.

His good bye I got banned was classy, he failed to share it was his 3rd chance to play fair, which has left me to wonder how many people even play with-in the rules, as he stated 85% of the ocean is ban evaders. I know some so its possible. Perhaps that is why they don't post here as they are in hiding.

He stated he was appealing but retiring anyway.

Regrettably, but as anticipated, I have been forced into early retirement by the Oceannmasters due to my continuous disregard for the game's Terms and Services, an infraction which I wouldn't lie to myself and everyone else, I did both knowingly and unknowingly.

I've sent in a ban appeal but regardless of the outcome, I think its about time I hung up my boots, maybe. Once again, sorry for letting you guys down, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you in ways that I knew best.

I guess my issue is that it is stated that posting here regarding a ban is not ok.

It is not appropriate to post in the forum discussing bans.

So why allow it at all, just ban the player from the forums at the time of the ban, why do they need to share input into the game which they lost the right to play? Look at the attention this thread has gotten, as well as others like Morgs

They create a sympathy for the wrong and paint the game in a bad light with out the other side defending it self, a very rare comment from an OM hit this thread calling out the lack of transparency in the post as to why Stan got the boot.

It would be much easier to just delete any post regarding Bans/removing people who are banned as they don't play. Just as they do if a post is not proper for the forums. Then have a trial in the forums where the OM's don't really share what the reason for the ban was. That would be one fix the other easy fix, an om post or thread that calls out the banned players and why.

This player was banned for using a stolen credit card.
This player was banned for real money transactions.
This play was banned for trading across oceans.
This player was banned for stealing 5 times.
This player was banned for personally attacking other players in game and failed to heed warnings.
and so on.......
[Feb 2, 2018 3:26:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Daysire

Filthyjake have u not been paying attention the OM comment had nothing to do with Stan
[Feb 2, 2018 6:19:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates