• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1646 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
dangerdann

Intent to defend Magpie - Consider it Sunk Reply to this Post

In a shock twist which nobody on Obsidian could have foreseen or predicted, Blame Brenda have decided to drop on Magpie!

(for those of you who just want the blockade details, skip to the bottom!)

So why job for us? Well, in the seven days since we won Magpie, we have already moved into phase two of our building strategy. We have already been able to open Shipyard, Distillery and Ironmonger bazaars which now means that we have been able to create a healthy marketplace with multiple shop owners providing rum, cannonballs, ships and lifeboats to new customers on Magpie. Alongside the initial building of the fort, we have begun building a shipyard shoppe and an estate agent.

As we posted in the forums yesterday, the shipyard will be used to help rebalance the ocean by selling affordable War Frigs and Merchant Galleons to the ocean. We believe that if just one or two flags are able to monopolise the frig market, this will stop other flags from being able to mount blockade attempts on either new islands or currently player-owned islands. We don't want Obsidian to become an elitist ocean before it has even really started. (For more info on that post and it's subsequent discussion, please check out http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=207871). And our plans for the island do not stop there. We will continue with our building strategy in placing a Manor, Explorer's Hall and the remainder of the infrastructure buildings (Inn, Bank, Market).

And for those asking, we want to address any rumours that any of our buildings will be named after any of our members (you know who I'm referring to!)...this is not the case. However, if we do win, we promise to name the Bank after a Disney villainous BIRD - "Diablo's Dub Market" - for those who still want to see some form of bird within the naming theme for Magpie.

We don't believe in moaning about our opposition (or indeed, openly disrespecting them) or listing reasons as to why we think it would be a bad idea for them to own an island so instead - here is a gif which sums up our feelings about this drop.

Time: 4.30 GT
Jobbing begins at: 3.30 GT

Pay: 9999/seg (but our credit cards will be safely in our pockets)
----------------------------------------
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[Edit 2 times, last edit by dangerdann at Jan 27, 2018 7:18:39 AM]
[Jan 27, 2018 6:06:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Re: Intent to defend Magpie - Consider it Sunk Reply to this Post

Best of luck!
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Jan 27, 2018 6:09:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Diablo is an awesome bird. I actually have leggings with him on there, that's how awesome he is.

Personally, I think the whole island should be bird-themed. (But what do I know, I'm owned by 20 various birds)
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jan 27, 2018 2:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

Thanks for all the jobbers who came out to help us today/tonight (5.09am at time of writing for the Brits!) - I'm very sorry that we couldn't keep Magpie out of the hands of Blame Brenda.

Good game, BB and we'll see you all on the blockade board again soon. :)
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[Jan 27, 2018 9:11:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates