• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1484 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
mari_

Tyrannical Happenings.... with a twist of lime Reply to this Post

Hi all

We at Tyranny wanted to clear up a lot of speculation about the dropping of blockades and what we planned to do with them.

It's all about BK's. We know on such a small ocean as this, Flotilla's are seen as a chore for a chunk of people (not everyone I hear you shout) and people don't want them hitting their islands.

Now we know that as long as BK's hold a certain number of island flotilla's don't spawn, but we also want medium and large islands in the hands of player flags not the BKs.

So to achieve this, to remove the BK's from large/medium islands which we have been working to do, we need to ensure other islands (Outposts) have BK's sat on them.

This weekend we dropped on 3 outposts and 1 large that have no player activity on them, the plan is we will be skuttling 3 of the islands over the coming few days to put BK's onto them - thus keeping enough islands covered with BK's for flotilla's not to spawn and allow for larges to be freed by flags without the worry of chore-tillas.

Endurance is a large island, and will be added to the island giveaways and not skuttled as it's not an outpost.

We understand some of the ocean won't agree with our methods of trying to bring more PVP activity to the ocean, whilst keeping what can be "un-fun" to a minimum - but ultimately these outposts will be blockade-able by anyone who wants to take them.

We felt it right to explain what our plans were, and hopefully this will help open up more pvp cades in the future across the ocean, after all blockades are fun, and islands are best in the hands of active flags :)

Regards
Tyranny
----------------------------------------
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 21, 2018 1:59:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Tyrannical Happenings.... with a twist of lime Reply to this Post

A possibly interesting factoid. Here is a list of all islands held by bks by date. So, on Cerulean, a BK has held at least one island since 2015-05-18
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 21, 2018 3:53:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Algol, there have been flotilla spawns in that time frame. There was a time long ago when just a single island in a BK's hands kept flotillas from spawning. From what we've seen over the past couple of years, we believe that the current tipping point is higher. If there are BKs on fewer than a certain number of islands when spawn time comes around, we would expect to see a flotilla spawn.

So we're trying to make sure that there are enough BK islands. Installing BK's on some more outposts before freeing up any more med/large islands helps ensure a sufficient number of BK islands.

The exact number we are working with is our best guess based upon the empirical evidence seen over the past few years, and of course the devs can change the number on us at any time.

(You might have noted that I have deliberately not said the magic number here. If some miscreant wants to screw with the ocean it's their prerogative, but I'll leave it as an exercise to them to figure out the number for themselves by applying their own due diligence and research.)

Edit: Also, that really is a cool list you've compiled. For the record, I always appreciate your extensive data mining. :D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Donsmythe at Jan 21, 2018 5:26:19 PM]
[Jan 21, 2018 5:23:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Algol, there have been flotilla spawns in that time frame. There was a time long ago when just a single island in a BK's hands kept flotillas from spawning.

As someone who let the shopkeepers on Kirin down by losing the island to a BK flotilla, yeah, I'm painfully aware of that.

But, mostly I'm just easily amused and I was surprised that it had been that long since Cerulean was free of BK owned islands. And I'm also amused that this subject came up here right when I was looking at a bug in my program and trying to decide how to fix it to work on Obsidian. See, my program says that the BKs have never owned any islands on Obsidian because I check on Mondays while GH has given islands to be open to the BKs later in the week.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 21, 2018 7:11:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Hi all

This weekend we dropped on 3 outposts and 1 large that have no player activity on them,

Regards
Tyranny

and how does this apply to Spectre? feel free to check building records in fort and SY
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Cerulean
just like my grocery store - handbaskets are provided for your convenience

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.

Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Jan 21, 2018 8:48:47 PM]
[Jan 21, 2018 8:48:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I check on Frond, and there was activity. I always made sure it was stocked. It was a fun little island to run. I am sure the next person will enjoy it too.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jan 22, 2018 5:55:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cspectrum

Right Tyranny has attacked two active island flags.... You ALL wanted them to win all of the Islands so now enjoy them attacking you. Idiots. Tyranny is just as bad as Dies Irae. Like Calamarie.

fair winds cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cspectrum at Jan 22, 2018 6:47:44 AM]
[Jan 22, 2018 6:47:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thanos

Just give all the islands to me, problem solved.
Thanos - of Midnight? Cobalt? Hunter? Malachite!
[Jan 22, 2018 2:34:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Thanos wrote: 
Just give all the islands to me, problem solved.

Now there is an idea....

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jan 23, 2018 10:05:23 AM]
[Jan 23, 2018 10:05:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legendhunte2

i don't even have an acount on cerulean but i'll take the islands
Legendhunter on the meridian ocean
Panthatar on emerald ocean
Legendhunter on the Obsidian Ocean
SO of the crew Midnight
Pappy's trophy husband

[Jan 23, 2018 2:23:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Leggy wrote: 

You can has them as long as you don't paint them all Persimmon!

[Jan 23, 2018 3:28:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legendhunte2

kk i'm out good luck ppl
Legendhunter on the meridian ocean
Panthatar on emerald ocean
Legendhunter on the Obsidian Ocean
SO of the crew Midnight
Pappy's trophy husband

[Jan 24, 2018 1:48:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thegreyman

Leggy wrote: 

Yer such a hater, Cala
Jthebear, SO of Imperial Golden Dragons
Prince of Dragon's Quest
Sloop Accumulator
Coffeetar by Phaerie, doesn't it make you want to hunt up some scones?
[Jan 25, 2018 6:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Jthebear wrote: 

Leggy wrote: 

Yer such a hater, Cala

You need to see my pimped up persimmon brig.... seriously Leggy and Cornflaxes were definitely separated at birth!

[Jan 26, 2018 6:52:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

I prefer things painted Babylon Blue.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jan 26, 2018 8:26:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

So this is not you with the 7th order of jolly roger?

Jimmyjimjim said:

No. You sir are the troll, with your threat of a ddos, oooo how E-thug you are. I cry bullshit. Ddos me then...what are you going to do fill up my forum inbox with your e-rage?

[Jan 26, 2018 8:45:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Well it would appear those wanting Flotilla's got them, have fun, sink lots, get trophies, YARRR! :)

[Feb 1, 2018 12:59:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaDogPete

I just want to thank Emerlaus and Zaiita for taking the time and effort to completely clear the sinking flotilla that spawned off of Prolix. I am informed it took 27 sinks to finally get rid of Madame Yu - and all those sinks were by Emer.

Thankyou also to those jobbers that helped out - sadly I couldn't make the last victorious trip in, but thoroughly enjoyed the previous two trips!

Also thanks to Doggbreath and Crabbycrank who offered up ships and stock if required ~ we really appreciate that :)
~ Seadogpete ~

Captain of Red Alert
King of Kismet

On several oceans..but mainly Cerulean
[Feb 6, 2018 10:26:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

I just want to thank Emerlaus and Zaiita for taking the time and effort to completely clear the sinking flotilla that spawned off of Prolix. I am informed it took 27 sinks to finally get rid of Madame Yu - and all those sinks were by Emer.

Thankyou also to those jobbers that helped out - sadly I couldn't make the last victorious trip in, but thoroughly enjoyed the previous two trips!

Also thanks to Doggbreath and Crabbycrank who offered up ships and stock if required ~ we really appreciate that :)

I would like to thank the massive support we have got through out that week to successfully kill it off! Screenie of sinks is on the cerulean screenie thread for those who cares!

Was a blast week of fun to prove the ocean flotillas can be killed even within a week period! Until next time Tyranny!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Feb 11, 2018 5:43:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Emerlaus wrote: 

I would like to thank the massive support we have got through out that week to successfully kill it off! Screenie of sinks is on the cerulean screenie thread for those who cares!

Was a blast week of fun to prove the ocean flotillas can be killed even within a week period! Until next time Tyranny!

So you're killing both flots this week before Thursday then? ;P

[Feb 11, 2018 6:24:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Emerlaus wrote: 

As some of us has real life going on and this is technically valentine's week in top of everything ... I will be back online monday and do as much as I can in a 10 days period :)

It's not my duty to kill 100% flots of the year! I said I will be actively doing them! Never said I would succeed/have time to kill them all!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Feb 11, 2018 6:41:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I'm going to guess "no", flotillas are no longer newly back after a long absence and these flotillas are not in a highly populated area of the ocean.

Sill, I'm pretty sure they have a week from Thursday to drive them off.
[Feb 11, 2018 7:19:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates