• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2927 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Monliz

Lion Bane's Intent to Blockade Magpie Island Reply to this Post

It's a bird, it's a plane...O WAIT...It is a bird! It's a Magpie!

Lion's Bane intends to blockade this beautiful island and make it our own. Magpie Island was designed by Budclare, a treasured Lion's Bane member.

Our vision for the island is to continue with the theme of one of the most intelligent birds in the world. Did you know that a magpie can recognize it's reflection in a mirror?

Lion's Bane plans to build the general infrastructure for a medium island, including a weavery bazaar and explorer's hall. Magpie spawns stone and indigo but hemp is close by at Devil's Heart, Melanaster, and Mitjana, as well as wood at Dingwall, sugar cane at Huracan, and iron at Picklepine. Wood, iron, and hemp will also travel from the other Western Wild Seas by Magpie as the merchant bots move to sell to the other colonized islands on the ocean.

Please come help us in our endeavor to colonize the second island opened on our ocean as well as celebrate Budclare's vision for the island. Jobbing will begin at 11am gametime Saturday, January 20th, with the cade to commence at noon. Jobbing contacts will be Lizzyalt and Bellah. We will have trivia and giveaways. As for pay, let's see what the magpie sings.

----------------------------------------
Monlizzy
Captain and Counselor of Midnight Aurora
Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Meridian Ocean
Queen of Lion's Bane on the Obsidian Ocean
Shawe tells ye, "would not be surprised if you were a man the way you act half the time lol"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Monliz at Jan 19, 2018 1:02:12 PM]
[Jan 19, 2018 12:57:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
enanomario

Re: Lion Bane's Intent to Blockade Magpie Island Reply to this Post

You forgot to mention how many SYs you will be throwing down and what BB will be getting for their help in case you win the island. I think it would be useful information for the ocean to have in order to decide who to job for, we wouldn't want to job for another flag with "glitchy" buttons, right BB? Riiiiiggghhht.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enanomario at Jan 19, 2018 3:22:38 PM]
[Jan 19, 2018 3:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hissy3

what BB will be getting for their help in case you win the island.

as far as i understand it, the only thing shared between BB and LB is jobbing support. unlike the AH/CiS collaboration. which apperently includes but isn't limited to, cade crew and funds.

You forgot to mention how many SYs you will be throwing down

as for the plan of what actual buildings will be placed, the intent states only the ones that concern pirates at the point the island is won. anything afterwards is up to the flag that wins the island regardless of what they might be.

over-all it is a well structured intent, tells what it needs to. time, place, who, and relative pay. spose you can say why as well but that's not really as important.
Hissy is not to be taken seriously because he is insane, but don't tell him that =x
[Jan 19, 2018 3:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
enanomario

what BB will be getting for their help in case you win the island.

as far as i understand it, the only thing shared between BB and LB is jobbing support. unlike the AH/CiS collaboration. which apperently includes but isn't limited to, cade crew and funds.

You forgot to mention how many SYs you will be throwing down

as for the plan of what actual buildings will be placed, the intent states only the ones that concern pirates at the point the island is won. anything afterwards is up to the flag that wins the island regardless of what they might be.

over-all it is a well structured intent, tells what it needs to. time, place, who, and relative pay. spose you can say why as well but that's not really as important.

You know this how? Are you a royal in any of those flags you just mentioned?
My questions were directed towards the people who have enough knowledge to answer them. Didn't you say in another post "everyone is free to spend their money as they please", yet I sensed a slight hint of salt when you brought up funds sharing between two flags. One side of the ocean trying to win based off CC funds and another one based off skill earned funds, I guess it sounds about right.
If you noticed, they never specified what they would build first and for all we know they might run into glitches like BB did where they were only able to place building beneficial to their flag rather than the ocean. If someone from the flag and actual knowledge could clarify the order on which you guys plan to build stuff, I would really appreciate it.

Hissy lay off the fries bro, I think you might be putting too much salt on them. I would like to know how you know what you claim to know though, are you even relevant in the political scene of the ocean?
[Jan 19, 2018 4:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dangerdann

CiS/AH collaboration is simply jobbing support. Funds and crew are completely separate.
Dangerdann on Cerulean/Emerald
Blighty on Obsidian

Elitist1 wrote: 
And on the stage steps yet another puppet ../ cues Dann sing it !

[Jan 19, 2018 4:02:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hissy3

CiS/AH collaboration is simply jobbing support. Funds and crew are completely separate.

this is good to know since it's only what i had herd, will keep that in mind in the future.

You know this how? Are you a royal in any of those flags you just mentioned?

i am not a royal but am close friends to the royalty of lions bane and talk to them frequently on discord. as such know more about them then the avererage person.

Didn't you say in another post "everyone is free to spend their money as they please", yet I sensed a slight hint of salt when you brought up funds sharing between two flags.

wasn't salt it was simply what i had herd, and since it was just a rumor i mentioned it in a more round about way then directly saying they were 100% sharing everything.

One side of the ocean trying to win based off CC funds and another one based off skill earned funds, I guess it sounds about right.

since you've brought it up i wonder how you can know that one is paying for things strictly with a cc and the other skill earned funds w/o a little speculation on your side as well.

If you noticed, they never specified what they would build first and for all we know they might run into glitches like BB did where they were only able to place building beneficial to their flag rather than the ocean.

while it's nice to know what will be built, it is not the obligation of the flag to specify what they will build. again, only as i understand it, BB did have a legitimate glitch when it came to placing one of the buildings which was quickly fixed with the help of an ocean master.

are you even relevant in the political scene of the ocean?

why should it matter, i'm defending an intent not anyones political views.
Hissy is not to be taken seriously because he is insane, but don't tell him that =x
[Jan 19, 2018 4:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
enanomario

HissyWrote:I do not know anything for sure, but I like to pretend like I do and speculate about the future.

That was all I read. Thank you, come again!

CC=Familiars=BB members selling familiars=Flag Donations to Betty= Blockade Funds

Simplicity.
Look at the notice board, you see AH running pillages,SMH or other boring stuff like 24/7 and I don't even log on that often but there is always an AH job on the board whenever I do. Look at BB's king's stats, does that look to you like the type of player who actually puzzles?. -KISS- look it up.
[Jan 19, 2018 4:51:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hissy3

HissyWrote:I do not know anything for sure, but I like to pretend like I do and speculate about the future.

That was all I read. Thank you, come again!

run outta salt did ya? only thing i was speculating on was the sharing of cade funds and cade crews.

CC=Familiars=BB members selling familiars=Flag Donations to Betty= Blockade Funds

there is more then one way to get a familiar that doesn't require any stats. you say the BB members are selling fams, i assume more then one of them have decent enough stats to get them w/o the use of funds from CC's.

Look at BB's king's stats, does that look to you like the type of player who actually puzzles?.

again, you mentioned BB members but then say the king, being the one that provides the funds from their CC's because of a lack of stellar stats...
this ocean is weird with stats, can be doing incred one lp and fine the next doing the same kinda work it took to get the incred. Tayes, BB's monarch, has spent a decent amount of time doing puzzles which will still net you some poes. add that to others donations and you have cade funds.
[Jan 19, 2018 5:18:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I don't even log on that often but there is always an AH job on the board whenever I do.

You may have broken math a little bit there...

Working on finalizing the building list. It should be available soon.

(To be clear, I knew nothing about any of this until yesterday. Horrible timing. Yikes.)

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if I'll post a picture of the island or not, but suffice it to say, mine will look better than theirs. :P

Mainly because I'd be using this opportunity to patch up the spots on the island I'm not entirely happy with. I'm not great at getting the plants right when I'm stressed.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jan 19, 2018 5:48:17 PM]
[Jan 19, 2018 5:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Monliz

I don't even log on that often but there is always an AH job on the board whenever I do.

You may have broken math a little bit there...

Working on finalizing the building list. It should be available soon.

(To be clear, I knew nothing about any of this until yesterday. Horrible timing. Yikes.)

Since Lion's Bane is following Budclare's vision for Magpie, this is a list of specific buildings we are looking at beyond the regular infrastructure buildings typically found on a medium island. A gallery, so that invites to the island can be posted by owners to benefit all the ocean, as well as cottages, which are a more affordable housing for pirates than the typical larger housing options. The fort will be definitely upgraded to a palace as time allows. In addition, an apothecary bazaar will be added so that paint is readily available for housing owners. A shipyard will be built.

May I remind everyone, this is the flag Lion's Bane versus the flag Consider It Sunk. Good luck to CiS on the cade board and let's have fun!
Monlizzy
Captain and Counselor of Midnight Aurora
Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Meridian Ocean
Queen of Lion's Bane on the Obsidian Ocean
Shawe tells ye, "would not be surprised if you were a man the way you act half the time lol"
[Jan 19, 2018 6:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

May I remind everyone, this is the flag Lion's Bane versus the flag Consider It Sunk. Good luck to CiS on the cade board and let's have fun!

Ok then
Seepnah
[Jan 20, 2018 8:16:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

They're allies. No one said otherwise. That doesn't mean there's a massive conspiracy and that we're all filthy rich (or even not poor).

(Crap. Where did I learn to tell time?)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 20, 2018 12:04:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
enanomario

Ok then

Dear Noob,didn't someone say their alliance consist of jobbing support?, it clear for anyone to see that the WF applied through the notice board to be jobbed by LB. Vessels are able to job for other flags, I think it is another glitch poor BB had to deal with.

My favorite part of this cade was when the noob flag decided to waste their WFs in the first round, I can only imagine what an island ran by such a flag would end up looking like. BB and LB making Ypp "GREAT" again, how does one lose a cade having bigger guns than the other flag?... oh yea... you make an alliance with a flag who just got destroyed on the board last weekend.

The ocean so far...
BB- Flag who thinks they can win simply by throwing their wallets at the game and have 0 puzzling skills
LB- Flag who thinks they can win by allying to flag who thinks they can win by throwing their wallet at the game
AH- Immature skilled puzzlers with 0 political knowledge
CiS- Smart people benefiting from all other relevant flags pecking at each other

Conclusion:
The standards to win an island can't get any lower since mediocre players like the ones in BB are holding back decent players in this case LB from doing anything meaningful in the cading scene and allowing immature kids or AH take control of islands based on their above average navving skills. CiS will continue to control the cading scene until the ocean decides to stop wasting time and enabling mediocre p2p flags aka BB to cade stuff. Drop the dead weight (BB) and get your barnacle together light side, you guys have the best puzzlers in the ocean and would dominate if you stop depending on cc leeches to win.

Congrats to CiS for being the smartest flag in the ocean!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by enanomario at Jan 21, 2018 2:55:26 AM]
[Jan 20, 2018 8:36:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ticktick123

AH- Immature skilled puzzlers with 0 political knowledge

They are called Amateur Hour..

The standards to win an island can't get any lower

The only way is up!

On a side note, you seem super fired up over politics, why don't you get involved? It's one thing to sit on forums commenting, correcting and throwing insults at people. It's something else entirely to get involved and try and improve the scene. You certainly have strong opinions, I'm sure superior insight such as yours would be valuable to any flag.
[Jan 21, 2018 4:19:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Ozzy wrote: 

On a side note, you seem super fired up over politics, why don't you get involved? It's one thing to sit on forums commenting, correcting and throwing insults at people. It's something else entirely to get involved and try and improve the scene. You certainly have strong opinions, I'm sure superior insight such as yours would be valuable to any flag.

QFT ^
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 21, 2018 6:04:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

At least Sardinez was slightly intelligible
Seepnah
[Jan 21, 2018 8:24:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
enanomario

Since when is stating FACTS considered insulting people?. I simply called out a POS flag in for calling themselves "GREAT" after winning a blockade through beyond mediocre bnav and the power of their CCs.

Common sense, why would you fight a battle you know you will lose?. There is only one decent flag in the dark side and that ship has already sailed and as long as BB is around spreading their mediocrity, flags in the light side will never grow because they will be too busy fighting BBs battles and dropping stronger alliances over making Betty and co happy.

I rather sit back and watch you guys burn the game down to the ground AGAIN!
[Jan 21, 2018 9:58:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bwhisperz

Then please, I think on behalf of all flags on Obsidian, CiS included, (of whom you seem to be a fan.) Please do sit back, keep your hate filled, back handed commentary to yourself.

Dwayne

Permanent Markers
- Anchor issues
[Jan 21, 2018 10:34:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ticktick123

I'm just saying mate, that if you're going to reply, you're replies would probably open up for more interesting debate if you weren't being condescending every other post:

I have heard Pokemon Go is simple, you like simple things, right?

Dear noobs

I do not think you are old enough to know what sarcasm is

Whilst I'm sure you do make a great many 'FACTS'. Since you aren't involved in the current kade scene - as you've pointed out, and because you do make a bunch of assumptions, I'm left wondering why an old-school player who seems to have no interest in having a positive impact on the community would invest their time bashing on a community he/she deems full of 'kids'.

Maybe it's just me, but having played the game a while, and more recently Obsidian, I know as a 'FACT' that the community is largely made up of young adults and adults. I also know that the game isn't just about blockading although it is a big attraction. So even if the blockade scene isn't a flame of its former-self, atleast there is an opportunity to do so, for the players who enjoy/want to do it.

I just feel like you're wasting your time on these forums mate, bashing people you think yourself superior too. You haven't really offered credentials either, although I guess as with most things on the net that isn't really needed for people to listen to your opinion.

Common sense, why would you fight a battle you know you will lose?

People have different motivations mate, some people play to win, some people play for fun and some people as you know all to well I am sure, play to troll and provoke reactions!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ticktick123 at Jan 21, 2018 2:55:30 PM]
[Jan 21, 2018 2:37:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kyleharris6

GG thanks for the fun

Proud of Lions Bane on being able to make rounds 1 and 2 close and strongly contested despite being out jobbed by Consider it Amatuer Hour by 60 throughout the blockade, I like a challenge, and a blockade with even jobbing numbers wouldn't of been that. Also good to see some egos over their have been repaired after getting some wins, you guys seem to have stopped with the hate tells and are playing the good sportsmen card.

Cya next time but you might wanna outjob by 70 then because we are only going to get better.
Convict/Toxic
[Jan 21, 2018 5:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Since when is stating FACTS considered insulting people?. I simply called out a POS flag in for calling themselves "GREAT" after winning a blockade through beyond mediocre bnav and the power of their CCs.

Common sense, why would you fight a battle you know you will lose?. There is only one decent flag in the dark side and that ship has already sailed and as long as BB is around spreading their mediocrity, flags in the light side will never grow because they will be too busy fighting BBs battles and dropping stronger alliances over making Betty and co happy.

This used to be entertaining but it's all kinda meh now. Your repeated rhetoric on every blockade intent thread clearly isn't convincing people. If you feel so strongly about a particular matter then do your best to get involved in the scene and implement change. Rambling with that hostile attitude of yours doesn't move things towards your desired ideals of what the blockade scene should be like.

That's the best advice I can give you. Fair winds.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jan 21, 2018 10:27:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Bashing people you think yourself superior too.

Just add a word at the start called "alt" in that sentence, which would remind me of someone =x
I love Honey

Big supporter of Crafting puzzles being freed!

Remove dead oceans, make a new one for the established players!
[Jan 22, 2018 4:59:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates