• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3656 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles! Letters to Santy Cronus! [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Capping off the Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles, here's:
Letters to Santy Cronus!

It might be too late to write a certain jolly fellow, but tha's ok! Our own Santy Cronus is ready (grudgingly) to listen (ignore the snoring) to yer swashbucklin' desires (fine, he has no idea we're doing this) . Posting yer missive in text is not enough! These should be handwritten, appropriately decorated, pirate-fied and passionate, pleas fer rich rewards of any variety in th' next holiday season.

Please include the following in your post:

• Your pirate's name and ocean
  • Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors.
  • Post an image of your creation as shown here. Please keep it to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels.

Other rules/information

• Only one entry per player
  • Contest will finish at 8pm 23 January (Slightly extended deadline due to the delayed posting which totally makes sense since these are Delayed Doodles!)
  • All entries must have noted on it somewhere your pirate name, ocean and 'December Doodles 2017'
  • Upload the images to a hosting site such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline.
  • Please read the rules post before posting.
  • Have fun creating!

----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Nemesis at Feb 4, 2018 7:22:22 AM]
[Jan 18, 2018 5:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stardial

Re: Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles! Letters to Santy Cronus! Reply to this Post

Pirate Name: Emery
Ocean: Obsidian
Favourite Colour: Black

Materials

For those who can't decipher my scrawl:

"Dear Santy Cronus,

Don't tell me the ship has sailed fer wishes, matey - I'm still waiting for delivery of the Calamity Cutter ye owe from last year.

The seas being what they arr, I'll fergive ye. Cuz I'm so fergivin' in fact, I'll ask fer somethin' smaller this year.

I'm after a pony. A nice white mare should do it. Don't mind if she's a bit wild. Don't mind if she's not the right colour either I guess seein' as I'm so accommodatin'.

I believe in ye, Santy Cronus! C'mon now, don't disappoint me.

Yer faithful blaggard,
Emery"

Emery of Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stardial at Jan 19, 2018 4:06:17 AM]
[Jan 19, 2018 4:05:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles! Letters to Santy Cronus! Reply to this Post

Posting for a friend!

Name: Clotho
Ocean: Eveywhere

Favourite color: White Purple
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jan 19, 2018 11:15:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Disqualified! You didn't follow the rules:
Hand-written - Newp
appropriately decorated - Boooring
pirate-fied - Do you even pirate, bro?
passionate - Hah!
rich rewards - I mean, maybe. Peacock can be roasted with a rich sauce I guess. Please send recipe!

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater Hera wrote: 
Posting for a friend!

Name: Clotho
Ocean: Eveywhere

Favourite color: White Purple

Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
[Jan 21, 2018 5:10:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Arianne of Obsidian
Blue <3

In a Bottle
Side One
Side Two

Text:
Dear Santy Cronus,
Last year I sailed the new waters of Obsidian after leavin' behind much that I knew from me old home back in Meridian. See its fair lonely to be on a vast ocean such as that with naught but yerself, and besides, where's the fun in being a pirate when ain't no one to pillage off!
Anyway, with naught but me boat and some rum I sailed to these new seas and was delighted to find hundreds of pirates vying for each other's booty. Billions of blistering barnacles! T'is a good feeling to be amongst fellow pirates once again.
I did notice that we've gotstalls and ships to boot, but where's all the familiars? A pirate's mate that'll be on yer shoulder through thick an' thin. I heard you can sail into Atlantis and no one's yet to find an Ippolito? Ye gods what is going on?
So, my simple wish for next season, (and not just fer myself I might add), is that we can find more companions to perch upon your shoulder and show the world what a fearsome pirate ye are! (Or at least beg the gods to add blue to the familiar palette.)
Ye will find me out on the deep blue!
Yer faithful pirate,
Arianne.
P.S. I heard Hera is holding pirates for ransom. Apparently, she does not know that there ain't yet peacocks to be found upon these waters. Mebbe you should do summit about it?

Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lady_maeror at Jan 22, 2018 5:29:10 PM]
[Jan 22, 2018 5:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Obsidian
White!

[materials]
[progress]

Believe it or not I have no paper in my apartment, besides from some important medical records.

But I did have things to make a giant, paper-shaped cookie to write on with chocolate...

After all, Santa needs his cookies, and the best evidence is disposable.

Though it looks like someone got to this before I could take a photo.

Text:
TOP SECRET
CRONUS,
CODENAME:
SANTY.
DELIVER
OCTO.
EAT THIS
NOTE.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jan 22, 2018 7:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pixierain486

Pirate Name: Scythera
Favourite Colour: Magenta

Dear Santy Cronus,

I believe I have been a good lass this year, 'n' wishing fer a slice of yer fine fruitcake!

(Grant me wishes or face the plank)

Yer mutinous rascal,
Scythera

*~* Scythera of Obsidian & Meridian & Emerald Ocean *~*

[Jan 22, 2018 8:32:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.cherrycake4.com [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Gneiss on Emerald
It really changes according to use but I'll say maroon

I have a bonus page that you don't need to count but it finished up the letter (I made it before I realized you wanted one 600pixel image).

Text:
Dear Santy Cronus
I have been veery good this year.
I sunk twelv ships and won Eighty Meeeellion sun points trinkets.
Now I want in return -
Wolves on halloween
and Christmas
and Xmas july
2000 tall fetish
An Oceanus voyage and broadcast
"Oceanus ocean broadcasts 'Who wakes me from my slumber???'
See back ->
A Squishat pet
Fray skulls from every OM
A gneiss (rock) familiar
Cougar Large Cat
Corn!
My last missing CI trinks!"

Also, am I the only one repping anything other than Obsidian? D:

Pirate Name: Emery

Arianne of Obsidian

Cattrin on Obsidian

Pirate Name: Scythera

Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Edit 6 times, last edit by MSpartans at Jan 22, 2018 9:24:05 PM]
[Jan 22, 2018 8:49:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean
Navy

Cronus, Baby...

Eggcellent avatar by the Gracious Greylady

Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes
[Jan 22, 2018 10:58:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha on Obsidian
Light Blue

Dear Santy Cronus
Th' only request I can reckon o' that would benefit all be t' grant us a portal t' teleport us through a vortex to any ocean arr hearts desire.
Our riches, collections, familiars, fleet 'n loot are all scattered across th' oceans of YPP.
Jus' a wee portal t' connect all oceans be all I wants ...
and maybe a peacock for Hera!
Pixelated love & kisses
Alpha

- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Jan 23, 2018 12:08:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

I'm dooooooooooooone!

The winner, earning a winter ornament, a comfy chair, a small table, gingerbread, a Nemesis egg, and a Shiny Sun point: Cattrin of Obsidian

Runners up, both winning a trinket, a stack of pillows, a Nemesis Egg, and a Shiny Sun point: Scythera of Obsidian and Arianne of Obsidian

Also, Alpha wins a barrel of rocks for bringing up the blasted peacock thing again.

Prizes have been delivered!
Later...
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Nemesis at Feb 4, 2018 9:13:05 AM]
[Feb 4, 2018 7:21:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Also, Alpha wins a barrel of rocks for bringing up the blasted peacock thing again.

hehehehe just had to

thank you for the doodles
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Feb 4, 2018 9:01:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Yay, thanks! I wasn't sure going unconventional was the right idea, so I'm glad to see people liked it. :D

Congratulations to all the other winners as well- you are better poets than I.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Feb 5, 2018 8:21:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates