• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1510 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Thunderbird

Obsidian blockade history Reply to this Post

This has been added as a new page (and linked in from the main page). I attempted to add faction icons, but as you can see, the YPPedia doesn't seem to like what I'm doing. If anyone wants to take a look, feel free.

One thing I noticed: It took some time for the result page to come back after editing the Blockade entry/contender-7 template. I'm not sure if it was the server being slow, or the edit being resource intensive (only 3 pages use the contender-7 template, but I'm not sure how many blockades have had this many contenders).

Also, I'm hesitant to add faction icons to the win/loss records until we know for sure how faction changing will (or won't) work, as the beginning part of the Obsidian changelog seems to imply that faction changing may be a thing in the future.
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at Jan 8, 2018 10:47:11 AM]
[Jan 8, 2018 10:42:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: Obsidian blockade history Reply to this Post

I figured out what I did wrong with the blockade history templates and corrected that yesterday. I've also added a faction parameter to the island infobox.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
[Jan 9, 2018 11:18:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

When adding the faction icons to the 2 contender template, I added a space between the flag name and the faction icon, similar to how it appears in-game. Anybody got any thoughts on that or the lack of a space?
[Jan 22, 2018 1:12:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I prefer the space, though it's not a big deal either way.

EDIT: I fiddled with the vertical alignment. It's not perfect, but it's better.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jan 25, 2018 9:38:43 PM]
[Jan 25, 2018 7:33:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Since there have been no objections as of yet, I added the spaces into the templates that have the faction icon so far. Editing those seems to make the wiki chew on something for a bit, so hopefully there won't be any objections.
[Jan 30, 2018 3:42:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Editing those seems to make the wiki chew on something for a bit

That's the best imagery. :D
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 30, 2018 4:32:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates