• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35680 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Periodic Portraits, 2018! Reply to this Post

We'll be creating whisks to creatively named ships throughout the year. These will be special locations for you to take portraits solo, with your friends, and maybe with an Ocean Master or two.

We will be posting dates and unique ship names for each ocean. There will be a whisk on the events tab of the notice board which will remain up for the whole day or longer. These are NOT free portraits - it's just an opportunity for you to get a portrait with a special ship name and maybe a special background. We will be choosing names based on the season, holidays, special in game events or the current theme for the limited edition portrait backgrounds.

Feel free to make suggestions here. Remember it needs to make sense in the following phrase: "Commissioned by Hera on the fine vessel ..........." The ship names should be unique and not exist on the ocean. We may end up having different, but similar, ship names on different oceans. You can see the ship names we used in 2013 here, 2014 here , 2015 here 2016 here and finally 2017 here .

Portrait Ship Schedule:

Jan 01 Happy New YeARRR
Jan 13 Yellow Rubber Ducky
Jan 29 Getting Incredibles and Booching Badly
Jan 31 Palindromic Araara

Feb 12th 'Survival of the Fittest'
Feb 14th 'Lovesick Leviathan' and 'Love Stinks'
Feb 16th 'Day of the Dog'
Feb 22nd 'Bringing Positive Change'

Mar 02nd 'up to mischief'
Mar 14th 'Slice of Pi'
Mar 17th 'Feeling Green' and 'Shamrock On'
Mar 30th 'jazzing it up'

Apr 01st 'covered in eggs', 'wearing funny glasses', 'playing the April fool'
Apr 13th 'Paraskevidekatriaphobia'
Apr 22nd 'in full bloom'
Apr 25th 'Lest We Forget'

May 04th "feeling the fourth", "Rogue One"
May 20th "Too Bee or Not Too Bee"
May 25th "Don't Panic", "Forty Two"
May 29th "Always Remembered"

Jun 08th "sailing the salty seas"
Jun 14th "Stars of Glory"
Jun 21st "enjoying the summer sun"
Jun 25th "anchored in tradition"

July 04th "declaring their independence"
July 15th "in a good mooooo'd"
July 22nd "taking a nap"
July 30th "Be My Hearty"

Aug 01st "August Occasion"
Aug 09th "lost in a book"
Aug 16th "Barrels o' Rum"
Aug 26th "We Can Do It"

Sep 05th "making a difference"
Sep 18th "Shiver Me Timbers", "Lingua Piratica", "of old salts"
Sep 25th "Falling For You"

Oct 05th "learning their lesson"
Oct 13th "covered in eggs"
Oct 24th "keeping the peace"
Oct 31st "of tAStee bRaaiNs", "covered in pumpkins", "BOOty Full"
----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 8 times, last edit by Hera at Aug 19, 2018 1:22:56 AM]
[Jan 7, 2018 6:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: Periodic Portraits, 2018! Reply to this Post

2018! I hope y'all have recovered from your festive celebrations and are ready for another year of puzzlin' fun!

January 13 is Rubber Ducky Day! I've got my ducks all lines up and ready to celebrate on board the"Yellow Rubber Ducky"

January 29th is Puzzle Day! Will you be "Getting Incredibles" or "Booching Badly"

January 31st is Backwards Day! While it is difficult to walk backwards in game, we certainly can have fun with palindromes on board the "Palindromic Araara"
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jan 7, 2018 7:11:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Ahoy February! How did you sneak up on me so fast? February is a short month, so be prepared for a flurry of portrait ships!

February 12th is Darwin Day! Feel inspired on board the "Survival of the Fittest"

February 14th is Valentines Day! Will you celebrate on board "Lovesick Leviathan" or "Love Stinks"

February 16th is Chinese New Year! Celebrate the start of a new year on board the "Day of the Dog"

February 22nd is World Thinking Day! Time to think about "Bringing Positive Change"
[Jan 31, 2018 10:01:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

I'm so organized, it is beginning to scare me. I've obviously forgotten to do something super important if I've already sorted the March portrait ships!

March 2nd has us celebrating Holi! Will you get"up to mischief" during this Festival of Color? (Please only throw purple powder my direction!)

March 14th is Pi Day! Celebrate the day on board "Slice of Pi"

March 17th is St Patricks Day! Hope you aren't "Feeling Green" as you "Shamrock On"

March 30th is International Jazz Day. Will you be "jazzing it up" on board the last portrait ship of the month?
[Feb 18, 2018 9:07:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I've obviously forgotten to do something super important if I've already sorted the March portrait ships!

Like reminding your co-workers that it's egg design season? ;)

Which is traditionally followed by egg doodle season...
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Feb 19, 2018 6:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

I've obviously forgotten to do something super important if I've already sorted the March portrait ships!

Doh!
[Feb 21, 2018 6:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Doh!

<3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Feb 22, 2018 5:14:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

On to April we march; this year is zooming by!

April 1st is Easter! Check out all the pretty eggs on "covered in eggs"

April 13th is a Friday! Will you be lucky on board "Paraskevidekatriaphobia"

April 22nd is Earth Day! Enjoy Spring on board "in full bloom"

April 25th is ANZAC day. Remember the sacrifice of others on board "Lest We Forget"
[Mar 18, 2018 5:15:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Firstly, as an Aussie, ANZAC day is important, so keep that in mind when I make this horrible joke...

April 25th is ANZAC day. Remember the sacrifice of others on board "Lest We Forget"

Don't you mean Lest We Forget the Eggs?
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Mar 18, 2018 9:18:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Can we have a Funny Glasses Day ship? Preferably with "funny glasses" in the name?

I still think clown noses should be an option, too.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Mar 23, 2018 4:56:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Can we have a Funny Glasses Day ship?

The first rule of Funny Glasses Day is: you do not talk about Funny Glasses Day. The second rule of Funny Glasses Day is: you DO NOT talk about Funny Glasses Day!

[Mar 25, 2018 4:21:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Clearly, I'm forgetting something VERY important if I have May's ships sorted already. But I'm not going to panic yet; I'm sure I'll wake up in the wee small hours of the morning recalling exactly what it is (or someone here will point it out!)

May 4th is Star Wars Day! Will you be "feeling the fourth" on board "Rogue One"?

May 20th is World Bee Day! "Too Bee or Not Too Bee" , that is the question!

May 25th is Towel Day! "Don't Panic" if you are "Forty Two"

May 29th is Memorial Day. Remember the sacrifice of others on board "Always Remembered"
[Apr 1, 2018 9:13:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

A surprise extra portrait ship is up NOW

Hop on 'covered in rocks ' to check out the new fun pet that just rolled in...you can read more about what can be found in Gold Boxes here!
[Apr 6, 2018 6:56:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I thought there was a separate thread for volunteering our ships for portraits, but maybe not.

In any case, if any of the following names are appropriate for any of the portrait themes, feel free to use them (Obsidian only, unfortunately):

Millennium Falcon (sorry for not offering this before May the 4th)
Serenity
Silent But Deadly
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[May 19, 2018 12:48:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

I thought there was a separate thread for volunteering our ships for portraits, but maybe not.

In any case, if any of the following names are appropriate for any of the portrait themes, feel free to use them (Obsidian only, unfortunately):

Millennium Falcon (sorry for not offering this before May the 4th)
Serenity
Silent But Deadly

Noted! Thank ye!
[May 20, 2018 7:24:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Goodness, nearly June already. Soon we will be counting down the days to Xmas! Yes. I went there.

June 8th is World Oceans Day! Will you be celebrating while "sailing the salty seas" ?

June 14th is Flag Day! Hop on board the fine vessel "Stars of Glory"

June 21st is the Summer Solstice! Please don't tell me* how you will be "enjoying the summer sun"

June 25th is the Day of the Seafarer! Celebrate on board the fine vessel "anchored in tradition"

*Seriously. Don't tell me. I'm already getting annoyed with Nemesis crowing about her wonderfully sunny weather while I'm sitting here freezin'....
[May 20, 2018 7:35:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Goodness, nearly June already. Soon we will be counting down the days to Xmas! Yes. I went there.

*Seriously. Don't tell me. I'm already getting annoyed with Nemesis crowing about her wonderfully sunny weather while I'm sitting here freezin'....

You could start the countdown to when you have wonderfully sunny weather instead :P
~Princessmg~
[May 21, 2018 1:14:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wampuscat21

June 1, 2018 The first day of Hurricane season. chew on that!
[May 31, 2018 6:34:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

You thought I forgot, didn't you?! Not likely, but July is looking to be an extra busy month so I've been pretending it isn't incoming!

July 4th is Independence Day! Will you be celebrating on board"declaring their independence" ?

July 6th - (Obsidian Only) Obsidian goes into full release. Come celebrate on board"Steaming Ahead"

July 14th - (Obsidian Only) Obsidian's first large island blockade! Come celebrate on board"Boomy Time"

July 15th is Cow Appreciation Day! This pun sure puts me "in a good mooooo'd"

July 22nd is Hammock Day! The portrait ship is a perfect place for "taking a nap"

July 30th is International Day of Friendship! Will you "Be My Hearty"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Jun 30, 2018 3:46:27 PM]
[Jun 24, 2018 1:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

And while I'm pottering on portrait ships, lets get August sorted too! Huzzah for being organized again!

August 01 is AUGUST!! * Will you be celebrating on board the"August Occasion" **?

August 09 is Book Lovers Day! One of my favourite days, I'll be "lost in a book"

August 16 is Rum Day! One of my favourite days*** will be on board the "Barrels o' Rum"

August 26 is Women's Equality Day! Oh, aye! "We Can Do It"

*bet you didn't see that coming...
**bet your really didn't see that coming!
***having trouble picking which I like best this month...

[Jun 24, 2018 7:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Huzzah, its almost Spring! Bulbs are blooming, grass is growing, portraits are being painted! I'm getting organized so I can go frolick out in the sunshine and point and laugh at my colleagues getting ready for autumn, so this update is for September and October!

September 05 is International Day of Charity. Will you be "making a difference"?

September 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day! "Shiver Me Timbers" listen to the "Lingua Piratica" "of old salts"

September 25th is First Day of Fall! I'll be happy to be "Falling For You"

October 05 is World Teachers Day. Pirates will be "learning their lesson"

October 13th is World Egg Day! Step aboard the portrait ship "covered in eggs"

October 24th is United Nations Day! Celebrate on board "keeping the peace"

October 31st is Halloween! Your pick of "of tAStee bRaaiNs" "covered in pumpkins" "BOOty Full"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Aug 27, 2018 1:15:11 PM]
[Aug 18, 2018 5:55:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

cute but when will the new portrait backgrounds be released? <3

and also can old LE portrait backgrounds be released for obsidian ever?
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Aug 21, 2018 8:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

I'm so organized again, it is beginning to scare both me and my fellow OMs. I was in a decoratin' mood so I've sorted all the ships for the rest of the year, huzzah! Now I've got time to go pester the devs about backgrounds, HUZZAH!

November 1-2 Day of the Dead!. Step on board the "Dia De Los Muertos"

November 5th is Guy Fawks Day! Who else will be "Watching Fireworks"

November 11th is Veterans Day! Show your appreciation on board "Thanking You"

November 23rd is Thanks Giving! Prepare to loosen those belts on board "Bellyful" and "Bursting Cornucopia"

December 10th is Human Rights Day! We all should be "Free And Equal"

December 14th is Monkey Day! Mind the madness on the fine vessel"of monkeys"

December 19-25th! Xmas! Have you been "Naughty Or Nice" Find out on board "Santa's Secret Ship"

December 31st! New Years Eve! Say goodbye to 2018 on the "Happy New Year"
[Aug 26, 2018 9:06:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

September 18 is Talk Like a Pirate Day! "Shiver Me Timbers" listen to the "Lingua Piratica" "of old salts"

Isn't it September 19th? <3
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Aug 27, 2018 11:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Dunno wat u mean
[Aug 27, 2018 1:15:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Dunno wat u mean

I'm crazy. Hallucinating!
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Sep 15, 2018 2:32:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates