• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 806 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
cynosure427

AH's Intent to Blockade Loggerhead Reply to this Post

What? An intent to blockade? What is this 2007?

Well, I accidentally clicked the blockade button to find out what it did and it turns out we dropped a war chest? Oops? So, I guess...

AH intends to blockade Loggerhead! Yay island openings!

We have a detailed island plan on what we'd do with Loggerhead here.

TLDR? Maybe watch our intent video instead.

Cade starts at noon GT
Jobbing starts at 11 am GT
JCs: Aeri & Anchovia
Pay: We'll have to see, won't we? ^.~

During jobbing, we'll be doing our standard trivia and we'll try to have tables up on the ships so you guys can chill and have fun while waiting for the cade to start.

Throughout the blockade, we'll be paying a random jobber on every ship an extra little bonus at each break, and we'll also be giving away prizes! The prizes will include:
-Unnamed krakling
-Unnamed Gold Big Cat
-Unnamed Lav Cat
-Ships
-Chromas
-Furniture

Just be warned, we probably don't have a clue what we're doing. This is Amateur Hour after all.

Hope to see you there!
----------------------------------------
~*~Cutthroatale~*~
---Princess of Amateur Hour on Obsidian
---Sinkyfun on Obsidian
---Former Queen of RiddleMakers on Viridian; Rip Viridian

Gaea greeter chats, "If you would like to discuss orgies,
[Jan 5, 2018 7:40:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: AH's Intent to Blockade Loggerhead Reply to this Post

Yahoo, almost as exciting as the actual cades them self! Not being sarcastic I think intents are great, fun and its nice to see the plans!

Whats the building plan order? As in whens that trading post going up?
Filthyjake all oceans, Primarily Obsidian
Price Cap Doubloons for long term success of Puzzle Pirates Dub oceans!
Reciprocity:The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
[Jan 6, 2018 5:12:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

We have a detailed island plan on what we'd do with Loggerhead here.

I can't play on obsidian, so this is all outside navel gazing, but I have a few comments on your building plans. You may well know most of these things, but since it has been a long time since an island has been colonized, I'm going to pick nits. For those who are curious, check out the yppedia article on island colonization

The limit on the number of trade/housing buildings isn't quite 6 as mentioned in your document. It is 5, unless one is housing, in which case it is 6.

A palace would be great, but almost certainly won't change life for greenies since greenies only spawn on port venture. It is unlikely that greenies will quickly reset their home island to loggerhead, even if they can get there. The tournament board and portrait easel can be easily placed in a fort.

The commodity market is just needed to build the palace and to buy fruit. Your document does say that a fort functions as a commodities market, but in the section on "commodities market", it kind of implies that it is needed to place bid tickets.

Obviously, it is up to whoever colonizes the island, but if it was me, I wouldn't build two different housing types, the need for other trade buildings is is too large. If I was to build two types of housing, I wouldn't pick ones that are so similar in size. Maybe something like a cottage and a manor, or a townhouse and a mansion. *shrug*

It seems a shame to not build a distillery bazaar on an island that spawns sugar cane. Cane is such a pain to move and booze is badly needed. If I had to choose between building either the IM or Dist bazaar, I would chose the Dist. If it was up to me, I would build both, but again, it isn't up to me and I don't play.

For palace sales, I would include paint for the housing. Granted, shipyards can cover some colors, but not all. You might also include lifeboats, since they are quite bulky. If you price lifeboats right, SYs may sell to the palace in order to free up room in their stalls.

Edit:
Houses can be either "left facing" or "right facing" and there are differences between them, such as how much wall space there is to hang pictures. Some people have strong opinions about which is better for which type of housing. Have you made any choices here?

Edit 2:
As for palace sales, I would make sure the palace was buying/selling all the commodities that can be spawned by <merchant> bots. This will help the economy on your island. For example, the island just north of loggerhead is woodtick and it spawns wood, cowslip and cubanite. The shipyards on loggerhead will need lots of wood, but probably not much of the other two. If no one on loggerhead is buiying cubanite/cowslip, the <merchant> bots may skip over loggerhead and sail to an island, like port ventrure, that is buying all three at reasonable prices. Since cubanite/cowslop are both easy to ship, the palace can both make a profit trading these commodities and increase the economy of the island.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jan 6, 2018 7:02:01 AM]
[Jan 6, 2018 6:26:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cynosure427

Thanks very much for your responses :).

Yahoo, almost as exciting as the actual cades them self! Not being sarcastic I think intents are great, fun and its nice to see the plans! Whats the building plan order? As in whens that trading post going up?

Yay! We're glad you're excited. We're super excited too!

Currently, this is our plan for the first week:
1. Fort
2. SY bazaar
3. Townhouse
4. SY

The Trading Post hopefully should be shortly after, but we will evaluate what we're building the second week based on how the first week goes.

The limit on the number of trade/housing buildings isn't quite 6 as mentioned in your document. It is 5, unless one is housing, in which case it is 6.

Absolutely accurate. However, since we are building housing, the building limit is 6, which is why we indicated it as such.

A palace would be great, but almost certainly won't change life for greenies since greenies only spawn on port venture. It is unlikely that greenies will quickly reset their home island to loggerhead, even if they can get there. The tournament board and portrait easel can be easily placed in a fort.

Also accurate, however the extra storage limit will be enable us to provide for more palace sales. We thought it was worth mentioning the other additional perks as well.

The commodity market is just needed to build the palace and to buy fruit. Your document does say that a fort functions as a commodities market, but in the section on "commodities market", it kind of implies that it is needed to place bid tickets.

Great point. I've made a slight modification to this section so it's less confusing.

Obviously, it is up to whoever colonizes the island, but if it was me, I wouldn't build two different housing types, the need for other trade buildings is is too large. If I was to build two types of housing, I wouldn't pick ones that are so similar in size. Maybe something like a cottage and a manor, or a townhouse and a mansion. *shrug*

Also great points. We're open to re-evaluating our decision to build 2 housing types and instead placing a bazaar or shoppe. We will look into this further after we determine what the housing demand is on the island.

It seems a shame to not build a distillery bazaar on an island that spawns sugar cane. Cane is such a pain to move and booze is badly needed. If I had to choose between building either the IM or Dist bazaar, I would chose the Dist. If it was up to me, I would build both, but again, it isn't up to me and I don't play.

The reason we chose an IM bazaar, as is indicated in our plan, is because cannon balls are much larger and harder to move than rum is. However, we still have 1 building spot open in our current plan, and 2 if we decide to eliminate one form of housing. We will definitely take this under advisement.

For palace sales, I would include paint for the housing. Granted, shipyards can cover some colors, but not all. You might also include lifeboats, since they are quite bulky. If you price lifeboats right, SYs may sell to the palace in order to free up room in their stalls.

We actually already included paint sales in our current version of the island plan. "We will also be selling paint for those who wish to paint their houses or ships."

Lifeboats are an interesting thought. We will consider this as Loggerhead's economy begins to evolve.

Edit:
Houses can be either "left facing" or "right facing" and there are differences between them, such as how much wall space there is to hang pictures. Some people have strong opinions about which is better for which type of housing. Have you made any choices here?

The townhouses are what we're building first and we've decided right-facing as they allows more room for furnishing and wall hangings.

Edit 2:
As for palace sales, I would make sure the palace was buying/selling all the commodities that can be spawned by <merchant> bots. This will help the economy on your island. For example, the island just north of loggerhead is woodtick and it spawns wood, cowslip and cubanite. The shipyards on loggerhead will need lots of wood, but probably not much of the other two. If no one on loggerhead is buiying cubanite/cowslip, the <merchant> bots may skip over loggerhead and sail to an island, like port ventrure, that is buying all three at reasonable prices. Since cubanite/cowslop are both easy to ship, the palace can both make a profit trading these commodities and increase the economy of the island.

We will look into this further as the economy develops, but you make some great points.
~*~Cutthroatale~*~
---Sinkyfun on Obsidian

[Jan 6, 2018 7:58:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

It seems a shame to not build a distillery bazaar on an island that spawns sugar cane. Cane is such a pain to move and booze is badly needed. If I had to choose between building either the IM or Dist bazaar, I would chose the Dist.

The reason we chose an IM bazaar, as is indicated in our plan, is because cannon balls are much larger and harder to move than rum is.

As someone who used to move a lot of shot around, I can understand, but a MB can move about 4200 LCBs, but only about 1340 units of sugar cane (see here). A lot more sugar cane will be spawned than LCBs used, so you are talking about a lot of extra work overall. A MB can be soloed fairly easily, and even a sloop can move over 600 LCBs and the markup on CBs can be enough to make it worth while.

For palace sales, I would include paint for the housing.

We actually already included paint sales in our current version of the island plan. "We will also be selling paint for those who wish to paint their houses or ships."

D'oh!

I guess the last thing to note is that GH plans to open up three SY shops after the loggerhead blockade. Personally, I would still build at least one SY shop, but in theory, it wouldn't be needed to get large ships on the ocean. Based on how well OOO ran their SY shop on Ice, I wouldn't hold my breath that you will actually be able to order even a small ship from them, let alone a large one.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 6, 2018 8:41:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cynosure427

Hi everyone -

We just want to thank everyone SO much for coming out and supporting us. We had an absolute blast and can't thank BB and CiS enough for allowing us to have the fun we did.

We look forward to seeing you guys again in the near future ^.~.

Edited because apparently I was trolled by my flag mates :P
~*~Cutthroatale~*~
---Sinkyfun on Obsidian

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cynosure427 at Jan 6, 2018 6:17:05 PM]
[Jan 6, 2018 2:59:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates