• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3633 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles! - Appalling Apparel! [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

Winners here

Appalling Apparel!

I rather enjoy knitting, and nothing says 'Seasons Greetings' better than a wonderfully Ugly Christmas Sweater. Tis a joy to watch someone receive such a gift and to watch that look of dawning horror as they realize that they must wear the garment for the rest of the day or insult their Granny/Mother/Evil Co-worker! I'm not going to ask you to knit one for me (although, how cool would that be?!). Instead, I want you to design one.

Your task is to design an item of 'Appalling Apparel' (ugly sweater) with a YPP theme (Classic or Dark Seas).

You don't have to create the pattern, just draw the outline of a sweater and fill it in with the design you would like to see knitted on it. You can do this by drawing with (colored) pens and paper, or via a drawing program. I'm not after the garment being worn, just an image of the garment laid out flat. I'm only after the front view of the garment; if you want to do front and back you can but you won't get extra points for that.

Please include the following in your post:
  • Your pirate's name and ocean
  • Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors.
  • Post an image of the finished sweater as shown here. Please keep it to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels.

Other rules/information
  • Only one entry per player
  • Contest will finish at 11.00am 9 January
  • All entries must have noted on it somewhere your pirate name, ocean and 'December Doodles 2017'
  • Upload the images to a hosting site such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline.
  • Please read the rules post before posting.
  • Have fun creating!
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by Hera at Jan 10, 2018 9:45:42 PM]
  • [Jan 4, 2018 10:08:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    pixierain486

Re: Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles! - Appalling Apparel! [deadline 11.00 9 January] Reply to this Post

Everything for the new sweater seemed to be a Hera eggstravagance...

..Until the infamous attack of the Orange Lords that asserted their dominance upon Team Purple!

Now it's an appalling sight that even the most celebrated tailors could not save, all but one small part upon the left shoulder...

(beware of what lies beneath in the background)

Pirate Name: Scythera
    Ocean: Obsidian
    Favourite Colour: Magenta
    *~* Scythera of Obsidian & Meridian & Emerald Ocean *~*

[Jan 4, 2018 9:44:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.cherrycake4.com [Link]  Go to top 
    Stardial

Re: Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles! - Appalling Apparel! [deadline 11.00 9 January] Reply to this Post

I present... the Booched Sweater!

For those with questionable eyesight taste in garments.

Pirate: Emery
    Ocean: Obsidian
    Favourite Colour: Black
    Emery of Obsidian
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Stardial at Jan 7, 2018 2:04:11 AM]
    [Jan 6, 2018 11:40:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha of Obsidian
    Light Blue

When granny goes all furry ...

- xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Jan 7, 2018 5:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean
    Favorite color today: Aqua

This festive Krakling sweater may be considered ugly by some....but real pirates know true beauty when they see it!

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Jan 7, 2018 9:34:23 PM]
    [Jan 7, 2018 9:29:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Cattrin on Obsidian
    White!

This sweater is for my fellow on-the-fencers who want to wear something warm and cozy that screams "I haven't picked a side yet!". But it's also so ugly that it drives recruiters of both sides far, far away.

Featuring symbols from both sides (sun and moon, shadowy mists, glinting waters), dueling swords, and gaudy skulls.
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jan 8, 2018 4:16:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Herowena
    Cerulean
    Navy

Eggcellent avatar by the Gracious Greylady

Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes
    [Jan 8, 2018 7:44:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    lilymoon

Faeree
    Cerulean
    Color: Lavender

Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
    Avvie by Tilinka!
    Apollo wrote: 
    (Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Jan 8, 2018 8:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
    lady_maeror

A gift for those especially punny pirates ;)

Arianne of Obsidian

Blue or White <3

Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
    Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
    [Jan 9, 2018 4:11:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    qlauncher

I was gonna do more and color but these amazing posts above me got me uninspired xD
    JAZZ on Obsidian Ocean. - YPPStreamer! twitch.tv/jazzthepirate -
    Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by qlauncher at Jan 9, 2018 5:40:05 AM]
    [Jan 9, 2018 5:39:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Apologies for the delay in posting; my guest judge escaped decided to take off and have fun elsewhere so left me to make all the hard decisions! And goodness, this was super hard! Apparently my definition of ugly isn't quite the same as all the entrants as there wasn't a single jumper entered that I wouldn't wear and enjoy wearing! But, a choice must be made!

The winner, getting themselves a winter ornament, scarecrow pirate, spools, spinning wheel AND a Hera egg as well as a Shiny Sun point that doesn't dazzle quite as much as their entry: Herowena of Cerulean You had me with the Xmas trees for masts!

Runners up, both winning a trinket, scarecrow pirate, Hera Egg as well of one of those Shiny Sun points: Greyladyy of Cerulean and Cattrin of Obsidian.

Congratulations! Your prizes will be placed in your inventory over the next couple of days.
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Jan 10, 2018 9:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates