• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5952 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles: Bottle Cap Baubles (deadline 11.00am 2 January)[Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Winners announced here

Bottle Cap Baubles!

I'm a big fan of upcycling and nothing gives me more pleasure than turning something that we throw out every day into something that is decorative. Your task for this doodle is to upcycle bottle caps into Xmas decorations with a YPP theme. I don't just want one decoration, I want three. They don't need to be the same, they can be constructed in different ways but displayed together they should reflect some aspect of YPP. For example: powder, wad and shot would be three different decorations coming together to reflect the art of gunning.

How you go about this is completely up to you. Your decorations could be as small as one bottle cap, or as elaborate as you can imagine and construct. Keep in mind I'm expecting to see them hanging in some form, so don't get too big! You aren't limited to metal bottle caps. Plastic screw tops are also acceptable. You can use all metal, all plastic or combine if that works for you.

Please include the following in your post:
  • Your pirate's name and ocean
  • Your favorite in-game color, excluding special colors.
  • Link to a photo of the materials with ID card
  • Link to an in-progress picture with ID card for each individual item.
  • Post an image of the finished items hanging from something using image tags, as shown here. Please keep it to a maximum size of 600 x 600 pixels.

Other rules/information
  • Only one entry per player
  • Contest will finish at 11.00am 2 January
  • All photos must have a card/paper in them with your pirate name written on it.
  • Upload the images to a hosting site such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com.
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline.
  • Please read the RULES post before posting.
  • Have fun creating!

Edit: You may paint or otherwise embellish the bottle caps!
    ----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by Hera at Jan 5, 2018 2:07:43 PM]
  • [Dec 27, 2017 7:21:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Re: Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles: Bottle Cap Baubles (deadline 11.00am 2 January) Reply to this Post

Pirate Name: Bisca
    Ocean: Obsidian, former Emerald.
    Favorite Colour: Currently Mint

Materials 1
    Materials 2
    Progress 1 Progress 2 Progress 3 Progress 4
    Prepare for Hanging!
    Hanging down the laundry line..
    Full size xmas tree photo

Sorry for the bad quality of the photo's, it was made by my dying phone.
    I didn't have any other place to hang them but I think you get the idea?
    If you need me to remake some photo's please say so!
    Also, I've re-arranged them in my little Christmas tree so it looks awesome now :D Happy Bisca!
    Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Jellyx
    [Edit 8 times, last edit by Taskbeta at Jan 1, 2018 8:26:32 AM]
    [Dec 30, 2017 4:36:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Stardial

Re: Delayed (not) December (not daily) Doodles: Bottle Cap Baubles (deadline 11.00am 2 January) Reply to this Post

Pirate Name: Emery
    Ocean: Obsidian
    Favourite Colour: Black

Materials

Progress [1] [2] [3]
    Finished Baubles (full size here):

Hopefully you can tell the theme was bilging!
    Emery of Obsidian
    [Dec 31, 2017 4:31:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    karabiner

Pirate name: Yetidave
    Favourite colour: Green

The theme for my bottle top baubles is bilging.

Materials
    Progress

Another finished shot with weeping angel from Dr Who on top of the tree. Please note that it is the same tree as in Elyzabeth's post.
    [Dec 31, 2017 9:15:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mellyssa

Pirate name: Elyzabeth
    Favourite colour: Purple

I wanted to do something different to Yetidave (rl hubby). The three are meant to represent the crow's nests from the Gingerbread, Verdant and Harvest ships.

Materials
    Progress
    Nearly finished ...

Elyzabeth from Midnight Cerulean Ocean Obsidian
    [Dec 31, 2017 9:27:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Donatelo3

Pirate Name: Stephs
    Ocean: Emerald
    Favourite Colour: Orange

Materials 1

Skull progress 1 2 3 4
    Doggy Progress 1 2 3 4 5
    Piggy Progress 1 2 3 4 5
    All just hanging out

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Donatelo3 at Dec 31, 2017 10:16:36 AM]
    [Dec 31, 2017 10:15:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean
    White!

Even though I am very bad at the puzzle, I think the charged rumble pieces are very pretty and act as a colorful addition to any pirate's tree.

[Materials] I only used the three regular plastic bottle caps. One is from milk, the other two are from my roommate that I shamelessly dug out of the recycling...

[Progress 1] The chocolate tin was for mixing paint. Did you know the red ball doesn't get a swirly? I didn't know that.

[Progress 2] Used strips of grocery store vegetable/fruit bags for the "glow" and floss to hang with. Bags were pre-used, floss was not .
    Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by cattrin at Jan 1, 2018 7:42:53 PM]
    [Jan 1, 2018 7:40:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Herowena
    Cerulean
    Navy

A Cursed Isles theme: Rumble, Fetish Jar, Serpent

Materials
    Fetish Jar
    Rumble
    Serpent
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jan 1, 2018 9:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    pixierain486

Pirate Name: Scythera
    Favourite Colour: Magenta

Too much blacksmithing has caused me to create this block of disaster... it's steel cool though! :P

(I tried too hard to make the combo actually work irl)

Materials
    Progress [1][2]

*Scythera of Emerald | Obsidian | Meridian*

[Edit 1 times, last edit by pixierain486 at Jan 1, 2018 9:18:32 PM]
    [Jan 1, 2018 9:17:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.cherrycake4.com [Link]  Go to top 
    patrys12

Alpha on Obsidian
    Light Blue

sooo... swordfight it is ...

Materials
    Work in Progress: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Hanging ... in the kitchen .

from the tree

- xxx Alpha xxx -
    [Jan 2, 2018 5:22:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    lady_maeror

- Arianne of Obsidian

I love Blue :)

My decorations is centered around navigation. I love the puzzle but it does not love me (well at least not on Obsidian :P). I also love that the pieces are all star shaped, fitting amongst my Christmas decorations!

Materials

Progress 1 2 3 4 5

I took many more photos and forgot my ID photo for them so I'm submitting only these to be safe, but as you can see I made all five stars :)

Finished!

Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
    Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by lady_maeror at Jan 2, 2018 6:29:28 AM]
    [Jan 2, 2018 6:27:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Mellie5

Pirate: Mellie
    Colour: Mint

Up the "familiar" tree

Materials used: 1
    Progress: 1 2 3 4
    Final Figurines

[Jan 2, 2018 8:56:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Yarr! Awesome work everyone! It has been a pleasure seeing how creative everyone was with the humble bottle cap!

The winner, earning a delightful frosty fir, winter ornament trinket and a Hera egg is Alpha on Obsidian. Two runners up are Elyzabeth on Obsidian and Stephs on Emerald both who will soon find in their inventory a trinket, holiday wreath and Hera Egg. All three will also get a brand new Shiny Sun point to add to their collection.

Prizes will be delivered over the next couple of days. Congratulations!
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Jan 5, 2018 2:06:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates