• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5169 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
qlauncher

RESULTS/WINNERS POSTED: Sailing for St. Jude: Jazz's 24-Hour Sailing Livestream! Reply to this Post

Results posted a few posts down!

Ahoy! Jazz the Twitch Streamer here! I noticed whilst perusing around the forums, I noticed that neither this record thread nor that one included "longest single puzzling session." Having played this game for so many years, I have always had the desire to do something of note on Puzzle Pirates. So this is my big idea:

On January 6th, at 3:00AM game time, I am going to hop on my sloop, click the "Sailing duty station" button, and not dismiss from the puzzle until January 7th at 3:00AM game time.
(other than to take a bathroom break/rechart my swabby ?-sorry, would be way cooler if I didn't have to do that but I cant seem to find a workaround for that.)
I will be streaming the entirety of this experience at twitch.tv/jazzthepirate live, as well as recording it for record-proving purposes.

In addition, I will also be raising money for St. Jude Children's Hospital . If you don't know who they are / what they do, check them out here! The link to the donation drive is here , and this link will be open and tracking donations during the 24 hour stream!

Here is a list of the VERY generous pirates who made these prizes possible.

Speekz, Ozzy, Ryuken, Zoka, Gourami, Satisfaction and Unseen, Alerik and Herbivore.

A very special thank you to:
Samrockx, Kole, the crew "Poseidon's Children" and the Flag "Amateur Hour" for the big prizes!
----------------------------------------
JAZZ on Obsidian Ocean. - YPPStreamer! twitch.tv/jazzthepirate -
Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
[Edit 29 times, last edit by qlauncher at Jan 7, 2018 7:46:50 AM]
[Dec 6, 2017 3:47:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: Sailing for St. Jude: Jazz's 24-Hour Sailing Livestream! Reply to this Post

This is a great idea! But I also question your sanity.

If you get bored (which I imagine you will), you should start taking challenges from the stream, or from posts here beforehand.

Like "finish a board without any pieces locked in correctly until you trigger an outside break" or "bring it back from the dead by very nearly booching it, but saving it miraculously".

People could even put money to their bets. For example, I'll donate $20 if you can get an incredible on the duty report while not completing a single objective area for an entire league. Meaning you can chain regular 4s, or chain those other non-objective square pieces, in order to try to maintain the wind.

No, I have no idea if that's actually possible. Good luck!
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 7, 2017 6:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
supermaximo

Well, I likely won't be able to watch the stream, however I'll throw some towards it now for the cause. It looks like the donation link is already active. Cheers mate!
Powdermonkey the crazy
[Dec 19, 2017 2:58:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Hi there. Couple of things for you.

(1) Images are not permitted in forum signatures. Yours is especially large. Please remove it from your profile.
(2) Have you discussed the details of your event with OceanMasters? Nothing which you have planned appears to directly violate the Terms of Service, but I must say that this endeavor is unusual and nearly unique. Clearly you have authorization from SJCRH to use their logo and raise funds on their behalf, so that much is fine, but it seems to me that it might be questionable about your proposal to essentially exchange in-game items for real money. Albeit the real money is not going into your pocket but SJCRH, and it is not a sale but a donation, but you may want to make those terms abundantly clear so that there is no possible accusation of RMT (real-money transaction) which are absolutely forbidden by the aforementioned Terms.

Otherwise, have at it. It looks like you have invested much effort and energy. I hope that it will be fruitful for you.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 2, 2018 2:29:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

(1) Images are not permitted in forum signatures. Yours is especially large. Please remove it from your profile.

Thanks, had no clue! Removed the signature.

(2) Have you discussed the details of your event with OceanMasters? Nothing which you have planned appears to directly violate the Terms of Service, but I must say that this endeavor is unusual and nearly unique. Clearly you have authorization from SJCRH to use their logo and raise funds on their behalf, so that much is fine, but it seems to me that it might be questionable about your proposal to essentially exchange in-game items for real money. Albeit the real money is not going into your pocket but SJCRH, and it is not a sale but a donation, but you may want to make those terms abundantly clear so that there is no possible accusation of RMT (real-money transaction) which are absolutely forbidden by the aforementioned Terms.

Cronus has recieved my Event email and replied by basically saying "Got it. Have fun, but your event sounds boring and we're not helping you with prizes. We can put an OM on your ship during the event but it doesnt sound helpful."

If he read my event proposal and had no reservations for what I am doing, I am calling that a clearance. I really do appreciate your concern, because I would really like to keep my pirate/account, and I know you are looking out for me. I hope that if an Ocean Master does find what i'm doing to be against ToS that they will let me know beforehand instead of punishing me afterwards. I have done my part in communicating with them.

Otherwise, have at it. It looks like you have invested much effort and energy. I hope that it will be fruitful for you.

Thanks mate! Hope to have you there some!
[Jan 2, 2018 2:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

A direct quote from Cronus's email:

Me:
"I would like the OMs to magick up a Sloop named "Record Breaker" that is painted gold/gold/gold. I would be on that sloop for the 24 hours and give the ship to the pirate that donated the most money to St. Jude Children's Hospital!"

Cronus:
I think this is another place where the 24 hr pillage would help. You could give away all you collected to the highest donator. It also gives the audience something to root for. While we often provide prizes, we try to only do so for people who have experience in the event they are running. I'm not seeing any VODs on your twitch channel. Have you done YouTube? If so, what's the link?
[Jan 2, 2018 3:02:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

Re: RESULTS/WINNERS POSTED: Sailing for St. Jude: Jazz's 24-Hour Sailing Livestream! Reply to this Post

ARGH!!! MY fellow pirates raised $819 for St. Jude!!!

I was unsuccessful in sailing for 24-hours (Can you really blame me for setting my sights high?) But I managed to sail for 18 hours and 15 minutes straight. THATS A RECORD!!!
My fingers were about to fall off and I didn't trust myself on a live broadcast anymore....

You can watch every single minute of this adventure (Including two internet outages & a dance party celebration when we hit the $500 mark) here.
(Please note that I tried very hard to make the broadcast a Rated G one, the occasional sailor-y words slipped in by music and some pirates. Viewer discretion is advised.)

The 4 Grand Prizes and Raffle Prize were decided, and here's how:
1. Any pirate who donated $5 could be in the familiar raffle.
2. Any pirate who opted out of prizes was not submitted into the prizes. (You said you wanted to remain anonymous/ said no thank you to prizes)
3. Any pirate who donated without confirming with our team their pirate name was not included in the prizes (We tried to tell you!)

And with that being said, here are the results:

Samrockx wins the sloop "Record Breaker" and the Portrait with Jazz for his donation of $124.
Snickle wins the sealed dead to a Crimson Sloop for his donation of $100. (Not Yet Delivered)
Mra wins the unnamed goldean seal for his donation of $70.
Tyleyy wins the War Brig for his donation of $50.
Nexal won the Purple Krakling in the RNG $5 raffle!

I saw Ocean Masters, Pirates and even Grey Havens office lackeys coming together to make the world a better place. I am proud to call this world my second home. Fair winds to all of you! ?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by qlauncher at Jan 7, 2018 7:22:22 PM]
[Jan 7, 2018 7:44:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: RESULTS/WINNERS POSTED: Sailing for St. Jude: Jazz's 24-Hour Sailing Livestream! Reply to this Post

I'm very impressed and proud of the community! I'm also equally impressed with the effort and dedication you put not just into sailing for an ungodly amount of time, but with all the activities and things you spiced up the stream with.

We're lucky to have such a generous community but the community is lucky to have such a cool streamer!

I was sadly busy the day of the stream, but I'll have to catch up and watch every moment of your agony.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jan 8, 2018 4:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Congrats mate on making it over 18 hours without having your hands fall off entirely!

$819! That's incredible and well beyond your original goal. Thank you to all who donated.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Jan 10, 2018 7:51:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates