• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1817 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Prammy16

Distilling spice problem

Ok, so I've had this happen a couple times, and I'm fed up with it. Occasionally in distilling, I've gotten two spices at the very bottom of two consecutive shorter columns, with a gap in between for the longer column. This makes it absolutely impossible to be able to interact with the piece trapped in between the two spices, and it's just so happened that it's a black one that breaks up my CC chain.

There's got to be a way to make a quick fix to prevent this from happening. You can play 100% perfectly and still be forced into a low "good" simply because of a board that can't be interacted with...

I would post a picture, but I have no clue how to do that on this forum.
----------------------------------------
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Nov 30, 2017 6:08:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Re: Distilling spice problem

It's known as "spice lock" and is a major frustration to all decent distillers. I don't have the link but I know it has been brought up in game design before, where the devs outright refused to fix it. (A position I strongly disagree with.)
[Dec 1, 2017 2:23:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Distilling spice problem

Distilling (Idea Links):Don't create spices in top or bottom rows was one proposed solution. The Developers haven't implemented that change.
----------------------------------------
[Dec 1, 2017 7:39:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates