• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 370 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Lanlaiely

What interests you? Reply to this Post

MYC is going to be hosting several contests beginning in the new year. We would like to know what interests you in this game?

We am looking for suggestions as to what you like to do in the game.

What do you think would make people return to this server?

What kind of prizes would make you participate in a contest?

I appreciate any feedback you give me.
[Nov 16, 2017 4:03:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaDogPete

Re: What interests you? Reply to this Post

Hi Lan! :o)

Oooh million dollar question there, and if we knew the answer we wouldn't be where we are at now :(

As for suggestions, like you I have been racking my brain too to try and think of something - but its always going to end up being a regurgitation of things that have been done before. I remember a time when OOO/OMs used to organise events like treasure ships on blockade boards, impromptu stuff that was fun but I am guessing they just don't have the staff anymore. More work could be done to introduce new trophies - and I have also suggested in Game Design an idea to make monthly seals in bronze, silver and gold to keep interest going a bit longer than they do right now. There also used to be regular things like treasure hunts etc (way beyond my organisational skills or lack thereof.)

Great that MYC are looking to organise some events - and I think thats the answer - organisation. If people know a schedule then more will show up - so a list of events with times/dates will certainly increase the footfall. I have been quite lazy recently, and keep saying I will try and have a fixed pillage spot (Tues or Thurs are looking favourite so as not to clash with others). Majorjr suggested the other week that his flag might do something similar along the organised event them for a whole month which they did before (I wasn't here) which also sounded interesting.

Prizes.. personally I like ships! Or things to pimp up my ships - but thats just me.

As for getting players to return, I think all we can do is pester our old ship mates on social media, etc. Clearly we aren't going to get (m)any new players as they are all being driven elsewhere right now. But if events are regularly run they will slowly come back or at least stay logged on for longer.

Sorry not much help really.. but wanted to show support for your effort :)
----------------------------------------
~ Seadogpete ~

Captain of Red Alert
King of Kismet

On several oceans..but mainly Cerulean
[Nov 16, 2017 7:03:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Hi Lan,

So I'm not sure if you are saying to bring back folks that left Cerulean to play on Dub oceans or if your goal is to peak interest from Dub oceans to this ocean. But you may do better to focus on bringing in "Dub-only" players first and introduce them to Cerulean vs. trying to lure old Cerulean players back to this ocean.

1) Do a whisking / Treasure Hunt event (things to introduce them to the ocean)
2) Puzzling event (maybe an OM can help- but not sure of their availability)
3) Its EASY bein' Green! An event to raise stats, join crews, trivia (to earn PoE). I.E. do other stuff besides just pillaging or just krakening* SMH'ing ;)

I'd have the prizes be stuff like a ship, sub time, weapons, PoE, etc. I'd choose items that a new (but not new to game) person would find helpful. The reason I even tried out Cerulean is because I won sub time via a global event, I only played on dub oceans prior to moving to Cerulean.

*Yes I said it; You are well aware of my kraken addiction.
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Nov 16, 2017 9:31:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

I might think of other things but here are some ideas before I forget them:
prizes=depends on target participants. the ones mentioned are good for new players & for established ones anything rare, especially if you could have an OM magic something up like the plans to a Haunted class wb , sleeping animal furniture or other items that cannot be purchased or special trinkets.

events=nothing that duplicates existing competitions and tournaments. I am also biased so I like sloop races and themed sloop decorating.. you could also do pvp contests on a blockade board, either tournament style or a mass "last one standing" wins and maybe you could dig out more ideas and recycle some events from the island give away days from a couple years ago.

And to repeat, thanks, it is great that you are taking the time to do this and advance publicity is a key factor in getting people to participate.
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Cerulean
just like my grocery store - handbaskets are provided for your convenience

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.

Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit
[Nov 16, 2017 11:59:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yerep

Well Lan,

As many know of me, well perhaps I think they do... I have always offered sub time and other items to people who are willing to try out Subscriptions. The main problem with this ocean is, people today are so use to 'Free' play rather than Pay to play. It's cheaper to play on subs but it's the hardest part to make people see that in the end. I've done advertisements on Tournie boards on the main oceans as well as Obsidian. Has it brought some potential players to the ocean? Yess! :D
I think doing pillages, SMH's, Blockades... Will bring new peeps in!

If you need anything, I will donate! Please ask me!

*Even though I'm on the Dark Side*
AKA: Babylon.
Papaloons/Loons -Cerulean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by yerep at Nov 17, 2017 12:34:46 AM]
[Nov 17, 2017 12:33:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lanlaiely

I think the PVP blockade event is a great idea. I also love the whisking event. I might do that on a monthly basis. I'd be willing to do that to help pirates open all of the islands.

As for prizes, I've thought about things as extravagant as a Rogue class Merchant brig to something as simple as whisking potions.

I really want to know what you think motivates you. I know that when there's a familiar on the tournament board, people flock to it. So I know those work.

Currently, I'm running a contest within my own crew where they can win a sloop if they complete 12 Bnav missions by the end of the month. I was hoping it would help to get people who are nervous about running their own battles into the driver seat. So, I thought about doing something similar on a ocean wide scale. But I really want to know what would make a person want to play on our server. This includes new and old players.

Everyone who knows me, knows that the Kraken lures me in. But I also love outpost expos and CI runs. Thanks for the ideas so far. Keep them coming!
[Nov 17, 2017 3:08:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates