• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2823 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
WelshRoxy

Stalls For A Noob Help! Reply to this Post

Heya, I want to get into owning stalls, I usually just buy them to make my pirate page look good, now I'm actually wanting to make money from them, so my question is this.

If you own a tailors, and you buy a weaving stall, can you use the weaving stall to make products for your tailors?

And whatever you need for your weavers, to be self sufficient? And pilly for the first line of supplies you need?

And if you own a tailors can you make yourself free clothes?

Thanks xD
[Nov 7, 2017 2:21:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Stalls For A Noob Help! Reply to this Post

Heya, I want to get into owning stalls, I usually just buy them to make my pirate page look good, now I'm actually wanting to make money from them, so my question is this.

If you own a tailors, and you buy a weaving stall, can you use the weaving stall to make products for your tailors?

And whatever you need for your weavers, to be self sufficient? And pilly for the first line of supplies you need?

And if you own a tailors can you make yourself free clothes?

Thanks xD

You can run a supply-chain of stalls/shoppes. But note that you'll need a lot of customers for your end products to make it worth the rent you'll be paying. Rent can add up quickly!

Here's a rough list of which needs what (I'm doing this from memory, so I may miss something):
distillery: needs nothing from other shops
blacksmith: if making swords, needs enamel from an apothecary
apothecary: needs distilleries to supply hemp oil
weavery: needs dye from an apothecary
shipyard: needs paint, varnish, and lacquer from an apothecary, needs tan and sail cloth from a weavery
tailor: needs cloth from a weavery, and a couple esoteric items need enamel
furnisher: needs stuff from all over
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Nov 7, 2017 4:12:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Stalls For A Noob Help! Reply to this Post

Here's a rough list of which needs what (I'm doing this from memory, so I may miss something):

Using a computer program I wrote that checks everything, your memory is very good. You only missed that shipyards need grog for lifeboats and distilleries need enamel for mugs, but who buys mugs?

For a busy ocean, you can often find people producing stuff for under their cost of production so it is cheaper to buy from them rather than make your own. On the other hand, the price for things like gold/black paint/cloth can is often marked up super high and I found that for a single order of fine gold cloth, I could open a weavery stall, make the product and pay rent for a month and then shut it down. YMMV
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Nov 7, 2017 4:41:43 PM]
[Nov 7, 2017 4:30:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates