• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1461 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Cheepcrow

Dark Seas vs Classic Reply to this Post

I know I had an account on Classic. I used the same Steam account name for Dark Seas, and was not able to log in. I'm assuming they are not connected, and I now have a new Dark Seas account? Or do I now have 1 account on a browser, another for Steam, and a 3rd for Dark Seas?

Also, where might I file a bug report with screenshots? Forum only? Is there a separate one for Dark Seas?
[Oct 31, 2017 10:39:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sciffy-circo.livejournal.com/    SciffyCirco    EnneirdaShierco    29200329 [Link]  Go to top 
Nek0jin

Re: Dark Seas vs Classic Reply to this Post

They all use the same account, but the Steam connection (both to Classic and Dark Seas) assumes from the start that you don't have an account, and generates one for you. You need to Log Out (NOT close the program), and then you can use your old account.

However, if you never paid for anything (subscription or bought Dubs), your old account may have been deleted in a clean-up pass. Spending real money on the game makes your account permanent.
[Nov 1, 2017 9:42:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cheepcrow

Nope, apparently, something is not working.

I have 6 hours of Classic on my Steam account, claims to be Emerald ocean. I just clicked forgot password, and it redirected me to the webpage... where I had already done this for Dark Seas.

Classic is now insisting Logon failed, A server error caused authentication to fail.

Is this on them, or on me? Maybe my old account was deleted, despite having an account on the forum, and being able to e-mail me a password reset.

Anyway, I guess I have a new account for Dark Seas.

Classic:
http://prntscr.com/h4x12t
[Nov 1, 2017 10:42:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sciffy-circo.livejournal.com/    SciffyCirco    EnneirdaShierco    29200329 [Link]  Go to top 
Nek0jin

The Forum accounts aren't connected to the game accounts, and as far as I know, they haven't done account purges for the Forums, unlike the ones that they've done for the game itself.

From the Wiki:

If a trial account has been inactive for about six weeks, the pirates in it will be deleted by the server. A warning email is sent to the email address registered with an account a few days before this happens. It's not possible to recover the pirates deleted from a purged account. Pirates go inactive on an account-wide basis - that is, logging in to any pirate on an account is enough to protect all pirates on that account from purging until they become inactive again.

The following actions are known to protect the pirates on an account from purging for an unlimited amount of time:

Buying a subscription with real money
Buying doubloons with real money
Activating the CD key from the Box edition
Buying the StARRter Kit (no longer possible)

So if you didn't spend real money on the game in some way, your account was probably nuked a few weeks after your last log-in. The easy way to see whether your account is protected or not is whether your displayed name in the game (over your head) is green or not - "greenies" are F2P accounts that have never spent money on the game.
[Nov 1, 2017 11:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdl1963

So if you didn't spend real money on the game in some way, your account was probably nuked a few weeks after your last log-in. The easy way to see whether your account is protected or not is whether your displayed name in the game (over your head) is green or not - "greenies" are F2P accounts that have never spent money on the game.

Not true, greenies are people whose account has less than fifteen hours of playtime, no more, no less.

https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Greenie
[Nov 9, 2017 4:30:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates