• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1473 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Firze

New Booty Share - "Crew Welfare" Reply to this Post

The only 2 booty shares that crews practically use these days are "Even" or "Jobber's Delight (JD)". There rest are more for thematic or "for fun" purposes. I'd like to suggest one that might actually be useful for some crews.

~Crew Welfare~
Jobber - 5
Cabin Person - 4
Pirate - 5
Officer - 4
Fleet Officer - 4
Senior Officer - 4
Captain - 4

Similar to Jobber's Delight, but also gives an extra cut to Pirates, the backbone of any pillage. This encourages pirates to pillage with their own crew as much as jobbing.
The obvious drawback here is that nobody would want to become an officer. Officers do get many privileges such as profit from ship restocking and officer chat. However, most crews operate in a way such that active players would be Officers at least. And thus....

~Crew Welfare II~
Jobber - 5
Cabin Person - 4
Pirate - 5
Officer - 5
Fleet Officer - 4
Senior Officer - 4
Captain - 4

Officers also get 5 shares. The next criticism here would be that nobody would want to rank up! But if you'd asked me, a fleet officer in your crew should be helping out even if they are getting 20% less booty cut! This booty division would be good for crews that wish to adhere more to something of an officer's code.

The other change is that Cabin Person gets 4 shares now instead of 3. With 3 shares, Cabin Person is seen as a punishment rank (that practically nobody uses). Having 4 shares would allow crews to use the Cabin Person rank as a "probationary" or "light punishment" rank, should they choose to do so.
----------------------------------------
~Current~
Zeansea (Obsidian).

~Past~
FO of Suspicious Activity - Nothing to Sea Here (Obsidian)
FO of All for Rum - Dead In The Water (Emerald).
SO of Black September - The Eye (Hunter). Children of Chaos (Viridian).
[Oct 11, 2017 4:18:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Re: New Booty Share - "Crew Welfare" Reply to this Post

Hmm, I like the idea! I think I'd put my vote in for the first one- we don't see enough pirates in a crew. Give them a reason to hold the lower rank!
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Oct 11, 2017 4:36:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Do you think it is possible for the game population to actually get to where jobber's delight and friends aren't basically mandatory?

It seems so wacky and nonsensical to me that the best way to earn money when you aren't the one running the pillage is to job with strangers and not your crew.
[Oct 11, 2017 4:38:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Do you think it is possible for the game population to actually get to where jobber's delight and friends aren't basically mandatory?

It seems so wacky and nonsensical to me that the best way to earn money when you aren't the one running the pillage is to job with strangers and not your crew.

Right I don't understand why all crews don't do even other then JD is listed on top even on the bottom.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Oct 11, 2017 4:45:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

I've noticed that Even has a presence on Obsidian more so than other oceans, and really it's needed. I think Jobber's Delight should be removed from the game, at least on Obsidian. There's a good number of players available there that really the choice shouldn't be based on whether you're a jobber or not, but the voyage configuration and crew cut. There's no point in having most crews all using Jobber's Delight
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sagacious at Oct 12, 2017 1:34:16 AM]
[Oct 11, 2017 11:13:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ZeroZiat

Devonin wrote: 
This so much. I get to earn more pillaging with a random crew who might just give me a dog's pay (20k for 7 hours pillage I'm looking at you) when I could have a bigger cut if pillaging with my crew, in an environment I like...
Playing since 2007 on Dub oceans. All pirates purged.

Zerzekziat on Obsidian
[Oct 12, 2017 12:43:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates