• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2616 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

questions about DLC (on Steam) Reply to this Post

1) The "Eminent Explorer Pack" includes a Parlour Badge. Is this badge wrapped? (I.e. can it be stored for later use?)

2) Are the "Shadow Fleet" and "Defiant Armada" packs restricted to just those pirates within the corresponding faction? Or can a pirate of the "wrong" faction use the other's special Sloop and Savvy Crossbones Hat?

Thanks, and good luck with the release! ;-)
Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Oct 4, 2017 12:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Re: questions about DLC (on Steam) Reply to this Post

1) Yes

2) No - anyone is free to purchase and claim the DLCs on any pirate they choose on Obsidian. Only 1 pirate will be able to claim the content per purchase.

Some other useful info might be found on the YPPedia article: https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/DLC
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Oct 4, 2017 12:42:17 PM]
[Oct 4, 2017 12:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Thank'ee, Sagacious! ;-)
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Oct 4, 2017 1:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nek0jin

Interestingly, it looks like you can only buy the Eminent Explorer Pack once per account; attempting to buy it a second time will only allow you to make it a gift for someone else. So you can't stack up all of your alts with unlimited "free" crafting!

I noticed that last night while buying my wife the Pack as a birthday present.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nek0jin at Oct 4, 2017 2:47:02 PM]
[Oct 4, 2017 2:46:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jimthedog

I got a question for yall,
So eminent explorer gives you two permanent badges, labor and officer. You get a discount on trading up badges (officer to SO, labor to bigger labor).
If I do trade up do I A) lose my permanent badge? Or B) get a permanent badge of the one I upgrade to, or more likey C) upgrade to the badge then when it degrades it goes back to the permanent badge of lower quality
All I'm saying is I don't want to have bought a badge that doesn't degrade and then lose it because I upgrade it.
-JTD
[Oct 16, 2017 6:26:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nek0jin

C is correct - you still have the Permanent Officer/Labor badge, and the upgraded version will eventually crumble, returning you to your permanent bottom tier.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nek0jin at Oct 16, 2017 9:42:13 AM]
[Oct 16, 2017 8:38:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I got a question for yall,
So eminent explorer gives you two permanent badges, labor and officer. You get a discount on trading up badges (officer to SO, labor to bigger labor).
If I do trade up do I A) lose my permanent badge? Or B) get a permanent badge of the one I upgrade to, or more likey C) upgrade to the badge then when it degrades it goes back to the permanent badge of lower quality
All I'm saying is I don't want to have bought a badge that doesn't degrade and then lose it because I upgrade it.

A) Do I lose my permanent badge if I upgrade? No
B) If I upgrade a permanent badge, is the upgrade permanent? No, but the cost to upgrade is reduced
C) When the time expires on my upgraded badge, does it revert back to the lower badge? Yes

Edit: Took too long to answer, Nek0jin beat me to it
#TeamEvil
#TeamShadowFleet
[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Oct 16, 2017 8:46:54 AM]
[Oct 16, 2017 8:46:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates