• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 328 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
anime1200

Installed PP but cannot type anything to log in Reply to this Post

Hey Guys,

So i decided to download PP again after being off it for years. Ive tried downloading it through steam and directly from the website. I have tried this on both my Mac Book Pro 2012 running OS Sierra Version 10.12.6 as well as my Microsoft Surface Pro. Installation works fine, however when i go to log in or create my pirate i come to the same issue on both devices in all versions. It won't let me type anything. When i try and type every time i hit a key it makes a 'thump' noise and thats it. I can't play if i can't log in :( Im not sure what my issue is. Id really like to play on my mac. If there is more details you need to help me please let me know. Im open to any ideas :)

Cheers
[Sep 23, 2017 2:02:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Re: Installed PP but cannot type anything to log in Reply to this Post

Do you have an international keyboard enabled - for typing in other languages on your computers? Make sure if you do, it's toggled to English when trying to create a pirate.
----------------------------------------
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Sep 23, 2017 3:06:55 AM]
[Sep 23, 2017 3:06:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anime1200

Good thinking, however did not fix my issue :( I tried ensuring it was on English to no avail. I also tried getting rid of my other languages besides english but to no avail.
[Sep 23, 2017 3:53:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallax93

Could it be that the characters are invisible? At some point in early access my sentences didn't show up as I typed them, but as soon as I hit enter, the sentence appeared in game. So just try to log in after inserting password and username even if the letters don't appear. Tho it is not a fix, it might still you get past the log in screen.

Good luck!
Parallax on Meridian and Obsidian
Beggar on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Parallax93 at Sep 23, 2017 5:47:00 AM]
[Sep 23, 2017 5:44:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anime1200

unfortunately no luck. when i hit a key it makes a thump noise like it won't recognise the type.
[Sep 23, 2017 9:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates