• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2100 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Leviathus

Please add this one simple mechanic!

Click on lazing about group
-> Less Lazing about
-> "(Commanding Officer) needs more pirates to stop lazing about and perform other duties!"

-> More Lazing about
-> "(Commanding Officer) is now allowing any pirate to rest at will."

What do you think?

I hope it is not hard to add. I love the trade chat which reduces spams. I also wish to have this simple suggestion implemented so players can stop using the less navigation command which confuses some players. Thanks

- Levius
[Sep 18, 2017 4:33:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Leviathus

Re: Please add this one simple mechanic!

To further explain the need for this suggestion:

It is good to just have one whistle be a generic command to get on any station (and to just wake people up who are not paying attention to the battle or are afk), otherwise the commanding officer has to manually command each player in a time of emergency, now obviously on a larger ship these commands are delegated to other officers, but for smaller ship's sake I hope this is simple.
[Sep 18, 2017 4:36:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

It would be ideal if this order only went to people lazing too.

I've had game sounds turned off my entire time playing, because XO's spam the whistle and frankly it's more annoying than helpful.

On another note, if the order for e.g. 'more sailors' could go to everyone whose not on a sailing station, that would make sense too.

An order cool-down* (30 seconds?) would be nice too, it's never helpful to spam it 3/4 times, but people do it time and time again.

*If the above suggestion about less lazing is implemented, I'd make this a cool-down on using any order every 30 seconds. If it's not, make it a cool-down specific to each unique order.

Alternatively, allow the message to go through to the chat box the same, but just only play the whistle sound once per minute. This is possibly the best solution.
----------------------------------------
Jjc on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Sep 18, 2017 5:17:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I love the idea of a lazer feature.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Sep 18, 2017 6:49:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Please read the announcement thread for the rules of the Game Design forum.

There are many resources which may be helpful in finding existing discussions to continue:
  • The Anti-list of ideas disapproved by the Game Developers. Note that they're not totally ruled out but the Game Developers often had some fairly strong objections and any further discussion on such ideas should start by addressing these objections. Note that philosophical objections are pretty firm e.g. no personal firearms in Puzzle Pirates. By definition it means there is an existing discussion on the idea.
  • The List of ideas the Game Developers didn't react adversely to. As the game gets updated, some of the ideas may become obsolete or unnecessary. By definition it means there is existing discussion on the idea.
  • The thread Hermes started contains links to suggestion threads for furniture, clothing, pets, trinkets and trophies.
  • Commonly discussed ideas is a fairly comprehensive listing of previously proposed ideas. In general the Game Developers have not expressed approval nor disapproval of these ideas.
  • Search (in Game Design) to see if your idea has come up before. You may prefer to use Google or some other search engine that you're more comfortable with. You can ask for help with searching in this thread:
    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6605
    Generally you may expect a response within 24 hours, though questions with hard to find answers may take slightly longer.
If there's an existing discussion thread to reply to and it's older than a few months, be sure to call attention to the age of the thread. Including the word "bump" when adding new material will do.

There's definitely been a proposal to order lazing pirates to take duty puzzle stations but probably much less demand for a feature to request more lazing.
[Sep 18, 2017 7:05:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates