• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 183 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
mtp923

full screen not loading Reply to this Post

I started playing on dark seas this weekend. I changed my in game display settings from the window to full screen, and now the game crashes before it loads. is there anyway to change my settings outside of the game so I can load it again?

Thanks

rastafasta
[Sep 17, 2017 8:48:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Re: full screen not loading Reply to this Post

Me, in another thread wrote: 
If you're using a Windows operating system, you can try running the full screen fix from http://toomuchwin.com/Support/YPP/fullscreenfix.zip

Extract the .reg file to somewhere like your desktop, double click it, and accept the prompt that appears. This will change the registry settings for Puzzle Pirates to turn fullscreen mode off and reset the size of the window to the default of 800x600.

Make sure your game is completely closed before running it. After it has run, your game should no longer be in full screen mode.

----------------------------------------
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 17, 2017 8:51:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mtp923

whoops! forgot to say but i'm on mac
[Sep 17, 2017 8:54:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

For Mac, it's something like this (I've not got a quick fix yet for these steps)

1. Click Finder
2. Click "Go" in the taskbar and then "Go to Folder" (Shift+Command+G)
3. Go to: ~/Library/Preferences
4. You are looking for plist file named "rsrc.config.yohoho" An easy way to find this is to search: "rsrc.config.yohoho" and click "Preferences" instead of "This Mac" (it's usually a hidden file)
5-12. Delete the .plist file.
13. Open YPP!

Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Sagacious at Sep 17, 2017 9:12:56 PM]
[Sep 17, 2017 9:02:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mtp923

Thanks for the help! I was doing this earlier, and whenever i search for display or display_height, I get nothing. Says i have 53 items to choose from. If I have to I can try to plug into a better monitor to try and figure everything out.

nevermind got it, thanks!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mtp923 at Sep 17, 2017 9:18:10 PM]
[Sep 17, 2017 9:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates