• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 167 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Un-linking an account from steam. Reply to this Post

I know dark seas is a Seam Only access which is unfortunate.

Any way as I was getting ready for the launch I tied my Emerald/Merid/Ceril Accounts to steam as I tried to find a way to duel client as its an important feature for me in keeping shops (ease of setting prices while reading them ect...)

Long story short I did some traveling found out most public wifi will block steam, so I had zero access to my drug which is puzzle pirates.... I was very sad and and bored, for those who care deeply I did survive.

While I can still duel client on the original oceans, even though i am now tied into steam. I would like to un link them as I have played at the same hotel I was at before, they just don't allow steam. Plus I would rather not know hours played or have a pop up saying Im playing to friends as sometimes it an escape from realty to jump on and puzzle. Now I use a secret alt (the leave me alone one) and I get messages hey your on whats your name in steam chat.

I hope that makes sense not very techy which is why I loved puzzle pirates so simple so fun. Now its frustrating and annoying.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake All Oceans
Price Cap Doubloons for long term success of Puzzle Pirates Dub oceans!
Reciprocity:The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
[Sep 16, 2017 9:59:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreatBob

Re: Un-linking an account from steam. Reply to this Post

Any way as I was getting ready for the launch I tied my Emerald/Merid/Ceril Accounts to steam as I tried to find a way to duel client as its an important feature for me in keeping shops (ease of setting prices while reading them ect...)

Long story short I did some traveling found out most public wifi will block steam, so I had zero access to my drug which is puzzle pirates.... I was very sad and and bored, for those who care deeply I did survive.

While I can still duel client on the original oceans, even though i am now tied into steam. I would like to un link them as I have played at the same hotel I was at before, they just don't allow steam. Plus I would rather not know hours played or have a pop up saying Im playing to friends as sometimes it an escape from realty to jump on and puzzle. Now I use a secret alt (the leave me alone one) and I get messages hey your on whats your name in steam chat.

I hope that makes sense not very techy which is why I loved puzzle pirates so simple so fun. Now its frustrating and annoying.

It would be nice to have an option to set your account to "Open access", which would allow it to be used from multiple Steam accounts. Having multiple computers in the same household locked from logging on specific pirates without also swapping Steam accounts is a headache.

If this is intended behaviour in order to curb account sharing, I'd like to point out that Steam Family View can be used (and is in other games) to give access to others without putting a Steam account at risk.
Penguinpaste, SO of Polaris, Obsidian. Dark side.

[Sep 17, 2017 1:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Un-linking an account from steam. Reply to this Post

It would be nice to have an option to set your account to "Open access", which would allow it to be used from multiple Steam accounts. Having multiple computers in the same household locked from logging on specific pirates without also swapping Steam accounts is a headache.

If this is intended behaviour in order to curb account sharing, I'd like to point out that Steam Family View can be used (and is in other games) to give access to others without putting a Steam account at risk.

I just want the old oceans to be free from steam. I haven't had issues with multiple people in the house however every one has there own devices.
Filthyjake All Oceans
Price Cap Doubloons for long term success of Puzzle Pirates Dub oceans!
Reciprocity:The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
[Sep 17, 2017 1:45:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates