• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 472 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Qubit

Dark Seas Steam Mac Version -- Not Working Reply to this Post

I have the latest Java version. I downloaded the 1MB Mac File on steam. When I tried to run it, it gave me a pop-up window stating that I need a Java Development Kit to run Java Command Lines.

I downloaded the ~200MB MacOS Java Development Kit, and tried to run Dark Seas on Steam again. This time I don't get the pop-up, just a small black pop-up window that does nothing, and which I have to force-close.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Qubit at Sep 15, 2017 9:37:26 AM]
[Sep 15, 2017 9:36:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Re: Dark Seas Steam Mac Version -- Not Working Reply to this Post

After installing JDK - did you scrap the previous YPP installation on Steam and re-install?
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 15, 2017 9:39:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Qubit

I am now deleting the 1MB download, re-downloading it and attempted to run it. JDK is installed on my Mac at this moment.

I still get a tiny black window that does nothing. When I attempt to close it, a pop-up window asks me if I am sure I want to stop installation, and that I can resume at a later time by running the application again.

So to be clear:
1) With only regular Java installed, I get a message saying I need a Java Development Kit to run command lines.

2) With both regular Java and the JDK installed, I get a small black window that doesn't do nothing, but which apparently is supposed to be installing from what the pop-up (when I try to close) says.

3) I have previously downloaded the stand-alone beta, and it worked without issues, and without a need to download a JDK

Thanks for any help
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Qubit at Sep 15, 2017 9:58:12 AM]
[Sep 15, 2017 9:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Qubit

The issue fixed itself after I let the small black window run in the background. What I think happened is that Dark Seas was installing in the background, but there wasn't the regular-sized downloading progress bar or any graphics to show it.
[Sep 15, 2017 10:20:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

The issue fixed itself after I let the small black window run in the background. What I think happened is that Dark Seas was installing in the background, but there wasn't the regular-sized downloading progress bar or any graphics to show it.

This is what I suspect some users experience but wasn't able to confirm. If in doubt, leave it running for a bit =D
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 15, 2017 10:35:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I had the same issue on my Mac. I just let it run and after some time (wasn't paying attention, want to say it was 10-20 min?) the installation completed.
#TeamEvil
#TeamDefiantArmada
[Sep 15, 2017 4:27:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Tornup2

Thanks for this post. I'll see if it works for me.
[Sep 16, 2017 11:14:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates