• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 27
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1822 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
spellbinding

Unable to log on Dark Seas on Steam Reply to this Post

I have been enjoying Dark Seas for the past few months. I downloaded Steam the other day and set up my account etc. Downloaded Dark Seas when it became available awhile ago. Now when ever I try log on it says "Logon failed : A server error caused authentication fail". Is there anyone that can help me? I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it still wont work.
----------------------------------------

Spellbinding of all oceans =)
Yes i am back!!

[Sep 14, 2017 12:24:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tornup2

Re: Unable to log on Dark Seas on Steam Reply to this Post

It sounds like the server just went live for Steam. Maybe give it some time and re-download it. I'm sure there are some issues as to be expected when it first opens up.
[Sep 14, 2017 12:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

I have been enjoying Dark Seas for the past few months. I downloaded Steam the other day and set up my account etc. Downloaded Dark Seas when it became available awhile ago. Now when ever I try log on it says "Logon failed : A server error caused authentication fail". Is there anyone that can help me? I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it still wont work.

Do you have multiple Steam accounts? If so, make sure you're on the right one. I just updated your account, so you'll need to enter your username and password again the next time you log in, in order to link your Steam account with your already created pirates.
[Sep 14, 2017 1:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Having the same error.

Only one steam account, tried logging in yesterday after pre-release and today both unsuccessful and showing same server error message.
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Sep 15, 2017 7:33:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Having the same error.

Only one steam account, tried logging in yesterday after pre-release and today both unsuccessful and showing same server error message.

Every time I've seen this, it's because a different Steam account is being used than the one originally linked to the account. I've just reset it for you, could you try again after double-checking that you're on the Steam account you want to continue using?
[Sep 15, 2017 8:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Having the same error.

Every time I've seen this, it's because a different Steam account is being used than the one originally linked to the account. I've just reset it for you, could you try again after double-checking that you're on the Steam account you want to continue using?

Works now, thanks! I do only have one Steam account, the only time I linked it with a PP Account (The same as this one) was when it was first released on Steam back in 2011. Did however change laptop since then, can't think of anything else.
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Sep 15, 2017 8:30:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tduailibi

Having the same error.

I'm having the same problem :(
[Sep 15, 2017 12:48:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

I don't see your account as currently linked to Steam, so it might be something different. I'd recommend fully exiting and restarting Steam. If it's still an issue, could you post a screenshot of the login screen when the error appears?
[Sep 15, 2017 1:15:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ravenb129

I'm having this same issue as well, please help a girl out? <33
Captain and Damsel of the crew Ducha de Oro
Captain of the (ex-)crew Cry of the Polar Bears
<3RiddleMakers<3
Icey of Viridian
[Sep 15, 2017 1:40:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    iceyb129@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Kythelia

i am having same issue have emailed yesterday and today but no luck my alt account works fine just not my main
[Sep 15, 2017 1:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Will be interesting on locations with public/semi public wifi as many area's in my location have it blocked, something about ports ect... I am not that into computers but here I sit and can't log in because steam is blocked as it is an internet hog that creates so much lag.

/e hates steam...

Any time our computers act up on our home network we find the computer that is updating via steam and stop it 80%+ time the computers work better. Steam sucks.

Overnight in a hotel plan on playing and well I guess I shall go to emerald.... >.<
Filthyjake All Oceans
Price Cap Doubloons for long term success of Puzzle Pirates Dub oceans!
Reciprocity:The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
[Sep 15, 2017 1:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreatBob

Will be interesting on locations with public/semi public wifi as many area's in my location have it blocked, something about ports ect... I am not that into computers but here I sit and can't log in because steam is blocked as it is an internet hog that creates so much lag.

/e hates steam...

Any time our computers act up on our home network we find the computer that is updating via steam and stop it 80%+ time the computers work better. Steam sucks.

Overnight in a hotel plan on playing and well I guess I shall go to emerald.... >.<

You can set bandwidth limits or games to not auto-update in Steam, which should help the problems you mentioned.
Penguinpaste, SO of Polaris, Obsidian. Dark side.

[Sep 15, 2017 1:49:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

You can set bandwidth limits or games to not auto-update in Steam, which should help the problems you mentioned

We have on the home network (every now and then some how it messes up) doesn't help me here now... but makes me wonder about collage campuses and other public networks.
Filthyjake All Oceans
[Sep 15, 2017 1:56:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

I'm having this same issue as well, please help a girl out? <33

i am having same issue have emailed yesterday and today but no luck my alt account works fine just not my main

You two should be all set now!
[Sep 15, 2017 2:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kythelia

awesome !!! thanks so much for the fast help !
[Sep 15, 2017 2:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Or not I linked that account to steam also so can't get on anything any more.... Hope lots of new players come cause those who got used to the way things were well at least I am getting annoyed.... Took a good thing and well made it not work at all :( Yes I am pouting no I don't expect anything just pissed and bored.
Filthyjake All Oceans
[Sep 15, 2017 2:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djrooney

I am also having problems logging in I had to make a new steam account called djrooney3 due to steam thinking i was hacked and that locked me out of using online access on that account any way i can attach my pirate to my new steam account?
[Sep 15, 2017 2:39:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

I am also having problems logging in I had to make a new steam account called djrooney3 due to steam thinking i was hacked and that locked me out of using online access on that account any way i can attach my pirate to my new steam account?

I've unlinked this account for you.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Sep 18, 2017 6:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Unfortunately experiencing the same error. Sorry for the trouble!
(Old steam account was closed)

EDIT: Fixed, thank ye! :)
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Oct 1, 2017 6:43:02 PM]
[Sep 25, 2017 7:47:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tduailibi

I don't see your account as currently linked to Steam, so it might be something different. I'd recommend fully exiting and restarting Steam. If it's still an issue, could you post a screenshot of the login screen when the error appears?

this is what happens when I hit PLAY on Steam

this is when I click on Use an existing PP account (the logon button is not clickable even when I type in my acc and password)
[Sep 27, 2017 6:22:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

this is what happens when I hit PLAY on Steam

this is when I click on Use an existing PP account (the logon button is not clickable even when I type in my acc and password)

The two links you posted aren't direct image links...but I'm not going to convert them in the quote because the images are huge. Anyway, I'm not sure why it's breaking on trying to use an existing account, but one thought to try is installing the classic version of Puzzle Pirates from Steam, and linking your account to Steam from there. When I installed Dark Seas via Steam, I was thrown straight into my usual account, but I think this is because I'd already been using the classic game from Steam for quite some time now (and thus had linked my account to it).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Sep 27, 2017 7:14:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    SSC Thunderbird [Link]  Go to top 
ChribbaEO

I am having the same issue unfortunately, I don't remember ever linking my pirate to a steam account. Chribba is my pirates name.
[Sep 28, 2017 1:25:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AccountMe

I'm having the same issue. I don't think I ever signed up my account through steam. Can you help me out?
[Sep 29, 2017 8:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lynngr

I'm also having this issue.
[Oct 4, 2017 3:09:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Best thing to do is create a pirate in your Steam account and drop the Oceanmasters a petition to clear your account you are having problems accessing.

When you're at the login page, click the button top left corner to create a temporary pirate (use a random name) so you can access the game to send the petition

Be sure to include your username in the petition
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sagacious at Oct 4, 2017 4:49:43 PM]
[Oct 4, 2017 4:47:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tulee3

Friday 13th Oct, yeah I know, 7:30 Australian time. The steam client closed on me repeatedly, then I kept getting error message: Unable to log in either network server or server not fully functioning. I was able to then log on after 30 mins or so, only to have lost stock and lagging so badly that the game wouldn't function.
I find this frustrating in the extreme, and it is not as though it is a seldom occurrence. It's happening several days a week. I find it very hard to believe that this is a one off problem or that you are unable to have a smooth operation. If you expect players to keep purchasing your products and supporting your clients, then you need to step up your game.
Bluddybeth- Captain of Crossbones

Princess of EoF

Admiral in Tigerleaf Navy
[Oct 13, 2017 2:50:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Friday 13th Oct, yeah I know, 7:30 Australian time. The steam client closed on me repeatedly, then I kept getting error message: Unable to log in either network server or server not fully functioning. I was able to then log on after 30 mins or so, only to have lost stock and lagging so badly that the game wouldn't function.
I find this frustrating in the extreme, and it is not as though it is a seldom occurrence. It's happening several days a week. I find it very hard to believe that this is a one off problem or that you are unable to have a smooth operation. If you expect players to keep purchasing your products and supporting your clients, then you need to step up your game.

This seems like a problem on your particular connection, as there's no widespread outage being reported by other players this week.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Oct 13, 2017 7:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates