• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 303 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Cannomanry

Game just opening a tab and thats it? Reply to this Post

The top left corner is all I'm getting when I launch this game, what is going on? Could never play PP from Steam.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cannomanry at Sep 14, 2017 11:04:41 AM]
[Sep 14, 2017 11:01:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Re: Game just opening a tab and thats it? Reply to this Post

My friend had this trouble too,

He closed and reopened it until it worked, which it did eventually, not much help I know, but it's something!
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Sep 14, 2017 11:03:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cannomanry

Ill be trying out any fixes, I really wanted to be in the game at launch but there are always issues.
[Sep 14, 2017 11:26:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cannomanry

You think on release day there would be more technical help.

I run Windows 10
I have the latest version of Java
I'm running from Steam
[Sep 14, 2017 1:52:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cannomanry

Solved, turns out players like me need to turn on DPI Aware 4k in general options and make sure full screen is off to play.

I'd like to thank Nerzam for helping me, good fellow.

Now all I need to figure out is how to make the text not be ant sized.
[Sep 14, 2017 3:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SailorGirl12

Yesterday i installed and played for a few hours, now i cannot play because i also went to do Fullscreen, i forgot this is what computers HATE.
So anyone can help me ;)?
Welcome to my home : Heaven

XD

[Sep 15, 2017 2:34:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

If you're using a Windows operating system, you can try running the full screen fix from http://toomuchwin.com/Support/YPP/fullscreenfix.zip

Extract the .reg file to somewhere like your desktop, double click it, and accept the prompt that appears. This will change the registry settings for Puzzle Pirates to turn fullscreen mode off and reset the size of the window to the default of 800x600.

Make sure your game is completely closed before running it. After it has run, your game should no longer be in full screen mode.

It's been a while since I updated the fix, but it's quite possible that Steam YPP Dark Seas is using the same way of setting/unsetting screen size as the regular client does. If the fix doesn't work - let me know and I'll find a way to make it work.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sagacious at Sep 15, 2017 6:04:40 AM]
[Sep 15, 2017 4:58:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SailorGirl12

If you're using a Windows operating system, you can try running the full screen fix from http://toomuchwin.com/Support/YPP/fullscreenfix.zip

Extract the .reg file to somewhere like your desktop, double click it, and accept the prompt that appears. This will change the registry settings for Puzzle Pirates to turn fullscreen mode off and reset the size of the window to the default of 800x600.

Make sure your game is completely closed before running it. After it has run, your game should no longer be in full screen mode.

It's been a while since I updated the fix, but it's quite possible that Steam YPP Dark Seas is using the same way of setting/unsetting screen size as the regular client does. If the fix doesn't work - let me know and I'll find a way to make it work.

Confirming that the solution of this good sir WORKS!!!! yey :3
Welcome to my home : Heaven

XD

[Sep 16, 2017 1:34:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates