• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2898 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Navalt

Steam Guide Reply to this Post

I am a first time Steam user. Steam is known for confusing interfaces and first time navigating to do stuff isn't so intuitive.
This is for anyone frustrated enough to look for help.

After you download steam,
Two tabs will be relevant at the top: Store and Library

Finding the game: Click Store. You will see a page prompting you to secure account.
What I didn't see at first was you can bypass this by scrolling down a bit, lower right continue to the store (everything makes sense thereafter).
Find the game and download.

How to write a review: Click Library. Select the game. Write a review button is under Links (instead of where you would expect it, next to other reviews).

Write a review while waiting for download. I would've expected a small ingame reward for old players as an incentive for writing a review, but let's write a review anyway for the game we've been playing for years and years! It attracts the attention of potential players on Steam

Fair Winds,
Jaxarus on Emerald and Obsidian
----------------------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Navalt at Sep 14, 2017 10:51:33 AM]
[Sep 14, 2017 10:15:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fumen

Re: Steam Guide Reply to this Post

How to write a review: Click Library. Select the game. Write a review button is under Links (instead of where you would expect it, next to other reviews).

Write a review while waiting for download. I would've expected a small ingame reward for old players as an incentive for writing a review, but let's write a review anyway for the game we've been playing for years and years! It attracts the attention of potential players on Steam

Once you have played a game, you can write a review directly from the store page for the game, too.

Also to note is you have to "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" a game to submit the review. I'm assuming everyone here will thumbs up it, but don't feel right just saying such a thing. ;)
[Sep 15, 2017 10:35:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates