• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2392 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Subscription Ocean Reply to this Post

Hello I am Filthyjake and I am a Puzzle Pirates addict...

That said quitting the game is a devastating thought as I don't really have other games I play. With the Dub market being abused or the supply/demand way off balance I have started catching some peoples post about the subscription ocean and have my interest peeked.

What ocean's are subscription? (is there one more active then others)
How much is a subscription?
Is there any hope for subscription oceans or are they basically a vacant place where 10 people gather?
Do SMH run on them? All or just CI and Kracken
Is the community welcoming?

Seeing the current unstably of commodity prices (on obsidian), dubs ect... It is clearly not a free to play game anyway. It looks like my "subscription price for obsidian would be roughly $50 per month and well I don't want to spend $600 a year on this game oh maybe I am really not an addict.

Anyway tell me about the subscription oceans good and bad think they grown or shrink?

See ya on around will likely be on Emerald as I can afford to play there.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Aug 29, 2017 8:11:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Subscription Ocean Reply to this Post

Hello, fellow addict.

What ocean's are subscription? (is there one more active then others)
Only Cerulean is a subscription ocean. (Technically Ice is too, but it's the test server and very rarely has players online)

How much is a subscription?
Weekly: $2.99 per week.
Monthly: $9.99 per month.
Quarterly: $19.99 first quarter, $24.99 subsequent. ($7.90/month average over a year)
Annually: $74.99 / year. ($6.25/month)
Long Term Customer Discount: $49.95 / year. ($4.16/month - Only available for accounts 2 years old or more and only appears when purchasing a recurring subscription)
(https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Subscription)

Is there any hope for subscription oceans or are they basically a vacant place where 10 people gather?
There's not many players, and the doubloon system seems to be favored too much for the Sub ocean to regain a (much) larger active playerbase. I highly doubt you'll ever find actual large numbers there.

Do SMH run on them? All or just CI and Kracken
I don't play sub enough to answer that properly - but last time I checked there was the occasional junk citadel run around peak times.

Is the community welcoming?
Has seemed so to me - The few times I log onto Cerulean, everyone seems to say hi and appreciate me being there even though I rarely actually visit.

warning: everything in this post is my personal views and based on my experiences and, outside of stated facts, may differ from reality
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Aug 29, 2017 10:08:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mooshoufunk

Re: Subscription Ocean Reply to this Post

As a long term player from ol' Midnight (now Cerulean) I can say the ocean has lost many players to many different reasons (other ocean playing, new life adventures, and so on). The population for Cerulean can only increase if more players discover it and see how nice it is to pay one fee for the year to have access to everything (no badges!). Plus, we have better rum on Cerulean ;).

SMH's are all the same on all oceans- Atlantis, CI, Haunted Seas, an Kraken.

Skelly and zombies are the same.

We have some regular players that still show up to play but new pirates are a must. It's hard to run shoppes/stalls without enough activity. There's not much to do with the same 20 people tbh.

The community as a whole appeals probably more to the older crowds though all ages are welcome. If I'm on, come say hi! :D.

Mandiemo (Cerulean)/Mandie (Obsidian)
Mandie-mo
Free-spirited pirate of the night, Midnight now Cerulean.

Mandie on Obsidian

Murasaki wrote: 

I like big butts and I can not lie.

[Sep 3, 2017 9:31:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates