• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3259 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Shop Keeping and Badges Reply to this Post

Hey Mates,

I am a bit new at this shop keeping part of the game. Was very easy on Emerald where my poe stack was plentiful, however with dub prices as they are on Obsidian I am wondering what stratigies are used.

Current Prices for Deluxe Labor Badge in poe:
Emerald 58,485 break even pay 27 poe hr
Meridian 382,500 break even pay 177 per hr RIP
Obsidian 72,480 break even pay 34 per hr

Obsidian
If one has 9 pirates with Deluxe Badges cost 135 dubs per month or 652,320 poe

Well starting out and all the shops piled on each other and competition so great prices are lower some below cost of operation.

My only option is to buy dubs with real money or close my shops. I don't have time to pillage or hunt enough to make that kind of poe to play for free which is fine we should support the game we love (and/or) are addicted too. I have had no luck getting staff with out paying well over what allow my prices to be competitive and make 10% profit...

So on to buying dubs with real money. The best is box month as its a extra kicker and who doesn't love presents.

9 pirates would require the
9 pirates*15 dubs=135 dubs month

Boxes come every 2 Months https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Mystery_box

So what do you do to keep your labor or alts in badges and not just toss money away. It almost seems as if I am better off going to work for others who over pay, and avoid the hassle of keeping the shop, yet with out shops we don't have a stock to play.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Aug 25, 2017 8:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Re: Shop Keeping and Badges Reply to this Post

Can you supply your own labour? If you set up your pay to 34/34/34 (or whatever is required to pay for badges on your chosen ocean) then your alts should have enough poe by the end of the month to get a new badge and you're not paying any extra to wages. Try asking any friends you have who are good at labour puzzles too.

That being said, it's definitely possible not only to make a profit whilst paying high wages, but to acquire employees without paying top wages. I've picked up a few random workers at my SY paying 35/65/95 (which does mean they make a profit, or at least get their badges paid for, but it's definitely not competitive). Try asking your crew/flagmates if they'd be willing to work for you at lower wages that still make them some poe.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Sep 7, 2017 1:39:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Yes, I can supply my own labor, my main struggle was balancing getting my hours used at my shop first and still using them all and making a profit.

Hopefully with the pre-release orders will come in more steady and once kading starts shops will spread out over Obsidian but its hard when the whole ocean makes things on the same 3 islands. I also dropped form 8 labor alts to only 2 which helped a lot. Takes longer to fill orders but oh well until orders pick up I just have to run lean.

Thanks for the tips!
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 7, 2017 2:46:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eaglesfanbk

I've had a lot more success with filling my own orders and selling dockside than with orders coming in. Depending on the stall, it's still plenty profitable to do so.
Twisted - Obsidian, Emerald
[Sep 13, 2017 8:11:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tornup2

What kind of stall are you running?

Currently on Emerald I have 2 furnisher shoppes on Admiral (had to buy a 2nd one due to so many orders).

Right now my pay is set to 40/40/40. 75% of my labor is Alts while the other is laborers. Labor alts cost 26-27 poe per hour depending on when you buy dubs. I charge 60 poe per hour so I am making approximately 33-34 poe per hour. In addition I make poe on every unit used as well as charging a premium on some products due to my products almost always being available immediately.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tornup2 at Sep 13, 2017 10:39:34 AM]
[Sep 13, 2017 10:39:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates