• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2921 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Twoknives9

Puzzle Pirates Doomed? Reply to this Post

I am posting this not as a good-bye but because of the way the puzzle pirates dubloon oceans have been ignored/sabotaged/forgotten or any other way you want to put it. This concerns ALL of the PP dubloon oceans, even the new Dark Seas ocean. I can see 3 ways this is being accomplished. 1...Genuine idiots are running up the prices of dubloons trying to get rich while not realizing that when everyone quits and the ocean is deleted all their vast riches will turn to dust along with everyone else's property and poe. 2...Someone out there has a very deep grudge against the game itself and is doing everything they can to totally destroy Puzzle Pirates altogether and will spend whatever it takes to accomplish the job. 3...The owners/OMs of the game are trying to herd us all to the new ocean where we must start over and give up everything we have worked to gain for 10+ years. I am NOT making any accusations, just stating obvious possibilities. Whichever it turns out to be there is a way to stop whomever or whatever it is that is ruining the game for everyone...put a price limit on the price of dubloons such as 1,000 poe per each one. When I started playing the price was 1k each and there were usually 1,000 people online playing the game. The price of dubloons has a very great impact on how many people play this game. For instance...say a new shirt costs 1200 poe and 8 dubs...that's 9200 at 1k per dub. Right now on Meridian that same shirt will cost you the equivalence of 217,200 poe. On Emerald the same shirt will cost the equivalence of 33,200 and a little more than that even on the new Dark Seas ocean. Now I ask you...would you be more apt to play on a game where you could buy what you need/want with reasonable earnings or on a game that takes you a year to buy your first set of clothing. I have made this game my hobby so I have bought my dubs through the game but logic tells me you will attract many, many more players by making the economy where people can start out and learn the game and hopefully keep them around so they will WANT to buy their dubs from the game rather than HAVE to. I have really enjoyed playing Puzzle Pirates for years and have made many new friends around the world but since all this has been going on almost all have stopped playing. Even the new ocean is being affected as dubs there are already over 4k each. I will continue to play on Meridian but am not interested in starting over on a new ocean to see the same thing happen there before long. I wish everyone well and hope to see you back again sailing around this big empty ocean. Those that choose to quit the game...please keep us in mind and check in every so often...who knows...miracles DO happen.
Twoknives-Meridian Ocean
[Aug 24, 2017 10:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Re: Puzzle Pirates Doomed? Reply to this Post

The game costs real money to run.
Most players don't want to pay that real money themselves; they want someone else to.
New dubs only enter the game when someone buys them from Three Rings Grey Havens with real money, yet everyone wants/needs them.
So dub prices go up.
No conspiracy required.
----------------------------------------
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Aug 25, 2017 6:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twoknives9

Well mate, you believe what you want...but 27k for 1 dub? Kinda like overkill isn't it?
[Aug 25, 2017 11:36:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abdul2015

Great post Totally agreed.
Abdulrahman On the Meridian Ocean. ,

Captain of Night Owls. ,

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Abdul2015 at Aug 27, 2017 2:29:04 AM]
[Aug 27, 2017 2:28:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Meridian has sadly reached the critical point where there is nothing for people to spend dubs on here, so the market is just a big rush for the exits, with people wanting to buy dubs with POE to move to Emerald. It won't be long before no dubs are available at all, because why would you cash in dubs on Meri at the moment? What use is Meri PoE?

Even Malachite in its last days was never like this.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 29, 2017 2:30:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

Meridian has sadly reached the critical point where there is nothing for people to spend dubs on here, so the market is just a big rush for the exits, with people wanting to buy dubs with POE to move to Emerald. It won't be long before no dubs are available at all, because why would you cash in dubs on Meri at the moment? What use is Meri PoE?

Even Malachite in its last days was never like this.

Exactly. Meridian is nothing more than an ocean of memories now. With population topping around 10-15 daily, the majority have already cashed out and moved on. There will always be a few that hold onto their assets as long as the ocean exists.

If there are no plans to merge the ocean, which I suspect, there are not, I would like to see Grey Havens use it to explore solo play options and create a whole new experience.
Tristan

All Oceans
[Aug 29, 2017 8:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

If there are no plans to merge the ocean, which I suspect, there are not, I would like to see Grey Havens use it to explore solo play options and create a whole new experience.

I would love to see more things I can do in this game solo. Pillage with more then the navy or horrible bots ect...

Merger would be tough and help those who exploited those leaving buying stuff below value in hopes of merge.
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
Subscribe for $49.95 a year
You can play free, with limited access. (just like no dubs)
[Aug 29, 2017 9:06:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Yeah, using Meridian to experiment with solo play options, like NPCs for hire for pillaging and other voyages, might be worth their while.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Sep 1, 2017 5:28:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Juliostcroix

I completely agree with 2knives...I have spent most of 10 yrs building my pirate life with my sister Cruzian Star, and we don't want to have to start all over again on the new ocean. Since there are so few players on at any time, we have slowly backed away from the game! I remember dubs being 1k each and that was perfect, it gave the new folks a chance to get them and use them to get their items easily. This current price of 18K per dub is completely Effin ridiculous!!! I am not going to buy dubs at that price, just to get the monthly seal!!! I am very sad to see the developers "killing the game" - that is what it feels like they are doing!! IF THEY ARE NOT, THEN THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!! Meridian is dying now, just as Malachite did before the merge, only from a different disease. This is neglect in the worse possible sense and I am truly saddened to see it happen. Look for me on Meridian from time to time. Julio St. Croix
[Sep 4, 2017 10:41:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates