• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3541 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Bohamad

Merging oceans Idea Reply to this Post

Hello everyone today I cam here and wanted to say that I love meridian ocean and I have been in it for years and so has my big brother bossed who had been playing for more than 9 years. Meridian ocean is now dead and everything that I have in pp is there Iv to war brigs longships plum dhow a serpent monkey and octopus I've got more than 20 deeds but not all in my account but also in my siblings like thelegendary, themustache, bosud, and me boomedya so you can see that we are a family that play for a long time and I have used up a lot of money in this game more than 100 bucks and I remember viridian ocean when you merged it and I think that it would be a really good idea if you merge ocean like what you did in meridian. so please pp make my wish come true and help me stand back on my feet because I want to be good in the other oceans and I will encourage that by making piles flotillas ci and way more, thank you pp and I hope you grant my wish.
[Jul 27, 2017 6:35:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jakesgirl11

Re: Merging oceans Idea Reply to this Post

Must of us have wanted this for a long time.
I have over 200 ships, a familiar collection worth at least 200 million, houses, furniture and pets.
I have had to walk away with my poe worth nothing to transfer and start again.
I have spent a lot of my own money and so have my friends.( I would estimate thousands for my whole crew)
I am now playing on the Dark seas with nothing and Emerald with very little.
If it gets any harder, I'm gone and so is their regular income.
Please do the right thing Grey Havens and put some fairness into this situation as this feels like a real breach of contract here.
I paid you for an experience that has not been delivered and for something that is no longer of the quality it should be.
At the very least let us move our possessions to Emerald so my 5 years of daily contribution to meridian has not been in vain. I shared a lot with my friends on here and we could all use familiars and ship and really play the game which was once awesome.
I helped friends start playing who are now all paying customers.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by jakesgirl11 at Sep 5, 2017 9:21:00 PM]
[Aug 1, 2017 2:47:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Juliostcroix

I agree with Jakesgirl... I have 4 different pirates on Meridian {Cruzian Star, Julio St. Croix, Gilligin, Bricia} and have spent years with other pirates before this (totaling about 10 yrs and 3 mos), and have many houses, villas, familiars & pets that I do not want to lose. I also feel that the developers have reneged on their promise to provide us with a good game experience, and all because they want to start a new ocean?! I started on Dark Seas but do not like having to start all over again with nothing, especially when I have so much on the other oceans! Yes, I have 4 pirates on Emerald as well, {Rail Runner, Railene, Posterboy, Bricia} with similar problems there (the game is slowly dying and the developers don't care). I am angered that the developers don't even care enough to read these posts and respond! I need to know that my money has not been wasted all these years. I like the idea of an ocean merge to help us save Meridian...but if it happens like the last time - Malachite was too hard of an ocean to start on because they made it so difficult and didn't provide us a way to replenish our stock easily. I believe that is what killed it to start with, and then it slowly killed Viridian and we ended up with a dying ocean that will now probably kill Emerald if the merger actually happens. I truly hope not, because I have enjoyed playing on all the oceans. Well, not Cobalt- never liked it. :-(
[Sep 4, 2017 10:58:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I don't like the idea of merging the oceans as what do you do about shops ect.
Also both the oceans are already huge.

I would support Destruction of both Emerald and Meridian or all oceans and forcing a start over for everyone. I know it won't be popular but what is the fair answer pick winners and losers? /e preps for hate

I guess they could randomly integrate some sort of this island on Emerald is replaced with this island from meridian. Allowing some shops to come and the ocean not to grow any bigger. but then there is the memmers ect.. such a task not to mention the duplicate names. The fam price market would be fun to watch crash.

Starting over has been harsher then expected on Obsidian. I have really been pondering the subscription ocean with no dubs $5/mo is less then I would spend on Obsidian just to get going but only 20 people there...

Not sure there is a good answer, kinda hoping we just see the all the servers wiped out and the game reborn with corrections to some key problems. Some will leave some will stay but how fun to need build things up again all on equal footing. Not to mention they could re-release all the LE ships, and other things that wouldn't need to be designed.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Sep 4, 2017 11:28:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

'Most of us'

There have been numerous threads on this idea, all of which come under criticism. It doesn't fix the problem, at all, it is purely a band aid. Now, if you go ahead and merge them, I'm sure it's still not going to keep people around, nor bring back people who have left (Moved to Emerald/Obsidian, been banned, or just simply stopped playing altogether).

The ocean would be far too big. There are so many islands that rarely see feet anymore, let alone a pair of swanky boots, this goes for both Emerald and Meridian but more so the latter.

We were all in the same boat for Obsidian, that was what they wanted. I even started late and haven't had trouble making poe. My only grudge with what they did there, was the box money grab that I'm fairly certain has muddled with a fair few things, however, this isn't about Obsidian.

I have a lot of things both on Emerald and Meridian, but I would never ask them to swap things from ocean to ocean, it's not allowed, there's a reason it's in the ToS. So, why would they then be like, 'Ok guys, let us do this for you for nothing.' I understand that you're angry, Viridian got the bad side of the deal being paired with Malachite, but at the time, Viridian was doing well, much better than Sage or Hunter.

As for Filthyjake's last input there, how would you feel losing a trinket that was inscribed for you from a lost friend? We all have them, some people have trinkets from people who have passed, making them impossible to recreate. I don't think you thought that comment through. Then there's people who have played this game purely to collect every item from every thing (I'm looking at you Mee!) millions and millions making an amazing collection of shiney things, only to have the game go, hey guys, say goodbye to everything you have, play Obsidian now, was a good run. What a terrible thing to say.

Anyway, I'll leave these links here for you;

Link - Link - Link - Link - Link

You're not the first and won't be the last to bring this up. We can only hope that the Steam release goes well, then, with any luck, we'll see an increase to our other oceans.
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Sep 5, 2017 3:33:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

As for Filthyjake's last input there, how would you feel losing a trinket that was inscribed for you from a lost friend? We all have them, some people have trinkets from people who have passed, making them impossible to recreate. I don't think you thought that comment through. Then there's people who have played this game purely to collect every item from every thing (I'm looking at you Mee!) millions and millions making an amazing collection of shiney things, only to have the game go, hey guys, say goodbye to everything you have, play Obsidian now, was a good run. What a terrible thing to say.

All good things come to an end if the game dies all that goes away anyway and we can't play. Screenshots would be my answer, as an unsentimental guy.

I just don't see any way to push people off there wealth with out destruction, its been a struggle to play on Obsidan vs Emerald where I have any and all things that I want. I meant it has worked with poker they destroyed it now people don't play it <3. It would be sad I have a nice worth there, the ocean memmed, ships at most every island many stocked and ready... but I would give it all up to see the game as it has been described in its glory days, as I have joined only 4-5 years ago I have never seen 1k players, WF's loading in 15 min ect....
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Sep 5, 2017 5:22:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ryanford350

I just don't see any way to push people off there wealth with out destruction...

you don't, nor should they. There is, however, a middle ground to all the polarized opinions being floated:

- officially dissolve 'legacy oceans'. Letting them linger and die a slow death does no one any favors nor does it bode well for new players who risk having their first experience having been placed on one. As pointed out in other threads, this will quickly turn them off altogether.

- Upon the closing of said Oceans, allow each player to bring 1 (ONE) item of choice to new gen (Obsidian) ocean. This could be a single favorite fam out of a collection, a first ship you scraped all your PoE to get a decade ago as a scrub or something even more sentimental... such as an inscribed trink or portrait someone gifted you that you highly value.

That single item would be nontransferable and would therefor have zero impact to the new ocean economy, yet go a long way in retaining many of the veterans
PoE

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ryanford350 at Sep 6, 2017 11:11:44 AM]
[Sep 5, 2017 8:00:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Yeah, no. If they closed emerald I simply wouldn't play anymore, one non tradable item is not enough to persaude me. I've said previously in another thread that if they put a dub transfer fee and still made the items untradable then I'd okay with it and back then my decision was purely sentimental but after the past few months of medications disagreeing with me I'm now at a point where i don't feel good, i don't feel like myself, i don't feel like even playing and the only reason I'm even logging on and doing things again is to get my shops back on track. Right now i don't give a scupper about my pets and familiars I just don't want to start over, if i have no other choice then I'll go start over on some other game.
~Princessmg~
[Sep 5, 2017 7:04:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jakesgirl11

I don't actually mind if they don't merge oceans and I have never been afraid of hard work ,nor starting again.
You can keep the shoppes, houses and furni and even the millions in poe. What I would love to have is my familiars which I am unable to replace and would never sell.
I am a collector of things that I like and care about not wanting to disadvantage any dub prices or economy or get anything extra, only what I have already well earned and paid for.
[Sep 5, 2017 9:27:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Juliostcroix

Well, it's been almost 2 months and the developers have not even commented on this thread. It appears that they do not care about it, kind of like the game!! Sad to not have them even appear to be interested. Why then, should WE CARE about Meridian? I care because I have spent untold hours playing the game and building my characters' and their wealth & prestige. I don't want that to all go to waste. I am deeply troubled by the lack of communication from the developers!
[Sep 23, 2017 4:29:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

Merging the oceans initially, have arguably caused most of the issues that we still have today. There was massive pros and cons to a merge of the 6 main oceans on the game. On Meridian especially, there's a whole ocean (Malachite, my main pirate's birthplace) which basically became a ghost town. With only a handful of crews/flags really giving any thought in running the islands down there properly (Not now, obviously. But shout out to my boy Cencul). Malachite had a niche type of economy and I'm not saying Viridian ruined it, but Viridian's was just too big compared to little old Mala with 0 habitable larges. If that were to happen with Emerald and Meridian, you can be certain Meridian would be left to rot apart from the Jade arch. Emerald has a healthier economy with Sage and Hunter pretty much being more enticing than either Viridian or Malachite.

There's also no incentive in merging the oceans. It wouldn't really effect the population too much. Maybe it would bring some Obsidian based pirates/Old cogers back since it's an attractive prospect being on HUGE ocean with very established pirates and flags, but not enough to warrant all that time and effort.

If you look at other threads the devs have said they have ideas to bring the population back to Meridian and raise Emeralds to what it was a few months ago. Whether they hold out on these remains to be seen. Obsidian being opened wasn't meant to sap populations from other oceans and it even has a separate client. It's premise was a fresh step forward with a harder, but more condensed ocean. While I admit there's nothing drawing me there yet, and has been very difficult (and slightly annoying) to set myself up. (Don't get me started at the fact PVP is effectively useless. Unless you want an ego boost/look like a right...)

There's also nothing stopping you from moving to Emerald. Of course some objects of sentimental value will be lost, but that's the sacrifice you pretty much have to make right now or play on an empty ocean.

Honestly, if I were to try to bring population back to Meridian, I'd bring an exclusive voyage there and maybe, just maybe open another island. Preferably in Mala. That could probably fix the economy.

Well, it's been almost 2 months and the developers have not even commented on this thread. It appears that they do not care about it, kind of like the game!! Sad to not have them even appear to be interested. Why then, should WE CARE about Meridian? I care because I have spent untold hours playing the game and building my characters' and their wealth & prestige. I don't want that to all go to waste. I am deeply troubled by the lack of communication from the developers!

Pretty odd comment, considering if you check the whole forums at all the ocean merge idea threads, in a couple the devs have actually said their plans/hints of their plans.
(Side note, if you care about your wealth and character, a merge will most likely ruin that. Each to their own, I guess.)

Also, they just opened a new ocean and fixed some issues OOO never really tried to add in for years, with new DLC options and a full steam only release. If you think they don't care about the game... Then I'm Rick Sanchez and as they say in Canada, peace ooot
Magneto, Illuminatti Royal

(Also Praetorian on Obsidian)
[Sep 23, 2017 5:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates