• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2223 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
hiohjiggyoh

Manager in a shop, owner has gone dormant? Reply to this Post

I'm the manager of two shops. I was asked to keep up with bids on commodities so they didn't get too high or too low.

However, the owner has now gone dormant. I've been just paying rent out of my own pocket to keep the shops open for when they return.

They have no commodities for sale. One shop has an abundance of one commodity while the other shop has nearly nothing. Also, one shop has a lot of money in the coffers.

I'm so lost as to what I should do about this. Should I just continue to keep the shops open, or should I put commodities up for sale and run the shops as if I were the owner (without touching the amount of money currently in coffers)?
----------------------------------------
Dinosaur of the Sage Ocean Emerald Ocean and Obsidian Ocean.
[Jul 26, 2017 10:58:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Dinosaur [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: Manager in a shop, owner has gone dormant? Reply to this Post

You can either:
1. continue to pay rent out of your own pocket
2. run the shoppe as though you were the owner (I don't see anything wrong with taking any profits made during this time, although you may want to double check this with an OM)
3. stop paying rent and allow the shoppe to close on its own

Any of these options are allowed in the rules/game mechanics, I'm not sure if you're asking for advice on which one to pick? That probably depends on your friendship with that person and how certain you are that they will return soon, your desire to help them, etc.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Jul 26, 2017 11:21:30 PM]
[Jul 26, 2017 11:20:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forevever

I'm the manager of two shops. I was asked to keep up with bids on commodities so they didn't get too high or too low.

However, the owner has now gone dormant. I've been just paying rent out of my own pocket to keep the shops open for when they return.

They have no commodities for sale. One shop has an abundance of one commodity while the other shop has nearly nothing. Also, one shop has a lot of money in the coffers.

I'm so lost as to what I should do about this. Should I just continue to keep the shops open, or should I put commodities up for sale and run the shops as if I were the owner (without touching the amount of money currently in coffers)?

As a shoppe owner, I made it a point to keep enough poe in my shoppes to cover rent and dockside buys for several years.
While I do still check on them (and surprisingly they're actually doing business and have employees on what is otherwise considered a "dead" ocean), I have also asked my managers to just keep an eye on things, and if coffers were to get low, to let me know via other lines of communication.

I think if your friend really cared about keeping their shoppe, they would have done something similar.

If you don't want to run it as your own (as a manager, you are fully entitled to do so), take half the poe out of the one shoppe, put it in the other, then forget about it. I have no issue with my managers moving poes to other shoppes when needed.

If your friend never comes back, rent will inevitably eat up all the poe - then it will close - then it will dust - as it should - naturally.

But by all means, run the shoppe if that is your preference. I can't speak to profits, my shoppes don't really make any lol but you should be able to use the poe in coffers to make bids and purchase commodities.

Look at it this way. If you placed bids out of your own pocket then sailed the commodities to the island with those shoppes, then sold those commodities to the shoppe dockside - you'd still be getting their poe. Taking the poe out directly and doing a cost free transfer of the commodities shouldn't make any difference.
Forevever and Foreverchaos
Cerulean and Meridian
[Jul 28, 2017 10:13:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    forevever [Link]  Go to top 
Forestria5

I had a similar situation managing stalls for two different people and I was using my poe and time to go around ocean placing and getting bid tickets, etc. to keep them running. But real life issues suddenly made it hard for me to even log in regularly to tend my own stalls, so I decided that I needed to let theirs go. I also closed several of my own.

I wasn't sure if they would ever come back. Since I am FO of same crew as both of them, I moved their stock and remaining PoE to one of their ships that was in port and left msg on the ship, then let the stalls dust. I figured, if they came back, they could reopen with what was on the ship.

BUT...they still haven't returned and it has been over a year :(
Forestria~~finished memming all oceans on 7/27/17:
Cerulean = 678
Ice = 136
Emerald = 670
Jade = 356
Opal = 295
Meridian = 653
Obsidian = 178
TOTAL = 2,966 league points
[Jul 28, 2017 11:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates