• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2415 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Magiccaptai7

Are skellies more frequent than they used to be? Reply to this Post

Seriously, I remember when they were a rare occurance (and dropped items).

Now there's a mission up near enough constantly, sometimes multiple islands at a time.
[Jul 24, 2017 1:04:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forevever

Re: Are skellies more frequent than they used to be? Reply to this Post

Seriously, I remember when they were a rare occurance (and dropped items).

Now there's a mission up near enough constantly, sometimes multiple islands at a time.

In my personal opinion they are not "more frequent" but larger groups have been difficult to beat for a long time. They changed it so that after X minutes, one will leave.

I'm not sure how many minutes for sure... but for arguments sake, lets say 5.
And I'm not sure how often they're supposed to spawn but for the argument lets say one group every 2 hours.

You just came across a group of 5 skellies - they started out as 28 skellies. No one wanted to waste their time trying to beat them so they were ignored.

Now it's nearly 2 hours later - 5 skellies remain - and another set of skellies have appeared somewhere else.

You could easily get up in the morning and get the "beat skellies" mission 4 times in a row. Most of those groups with 5, and perhaps one with anywhere from 15 to 30 skellies.

Edit.P.S. They dropped items because they used to require items to join the fray. Sales on rags were at an all time high in those days :D
----------------------------------------
Forevever and Foreverchaos
Cerulean and Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Forevever at Jul 28, 2017 10:22:36 AM]
[Jul 28, 2017 10:21:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    forevever [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Re: Are skellies more frequent than they used to be? Reply to this Post

I don't think they are more frequent. It is just there are less players, therefore less people doing zombies and skellies. Also now people can spawn groups of skellies or zombies using a charm which obviously increases skellies and zombie rates.
Robyns
<3
[Jul 28, 2017 10:46:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates