• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3106 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
patgangster

Ship delivery costs on Obsidian Reply to this Post

So, about a week ago they lowered the doubloon costs on ships on Obsidian. This should probably be documented in some way (Though I'd have no idea how I'd do it myself)

So far I've seen:

Sloop: 20 -> 15
Cutter: 30 -> 18
Dhow: 32 -> 20
Fanch: 32 -> 20
Longship: 36 -> ?? (Not available for sale as I was checking)
Baghlah: 38 -> ?? (Not available for sale as I was checking)
Junk: 38 -> 25
MB: 40 -> 26
WB: 50 (unchanged? Feels like it should have changed.)
MG: 60 -> ?? (cannot be made on obsidian yet, no shoppes)
Xebec: 55 -> ?? (Not available for sale as I was checking)
WF: 75 -> ?? (cannot be made on obsidian yet, no shoppes)
GF: 100 -> ?? (cannot be made on obsidian yet, no shoppes)
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Jul 18, 2017 6:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: Ship delivery costs on Obsidian Reply to this Post

Each doubloon ocean has a page that lists the doubloon costs of various items. Obsidian is no different: http://obsidian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/money/doubloon_costs.wm

I think the brig cost might be a booch, as the WF is cheaper at 45, and the GF is the same price at 50!
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jul 18, 2017 7:55:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

I did not know that existed! That makes it a bit easier.
That page would indeed suggest that the brig cost is a booch.

Still, on the YPPedia, what would the best way to show "this is cheaper on obsidian" be? Some of you should know how to do that better than I could!
[Jul 19, 2017 4:10:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Yeah, we'll have to add those to the ship templates, probably as a separate field (it's unlikely we'll be able to squeeze it on to the current line while keeping it non-confusing, though that would be nice). Fortunately that'll be an easy fix.

We'll also have to deal with the table on the ship page. Happily the LE ships predate the ocean, so we just have to sort out notation and update the standard and SY-available weird ships (actually, those might be the same), plus future LE ships (if they get discounted at all). I think we can get away with parentheses there, though.

I'm just reluctant to add them too quickly. Even though it won't be tough to fix them when they get changed...it's easier still to hold off for a couple more days before adding them everywhere. Did someone petition about the obvious dub booch?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 19, 2017 5:23:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

before adding them everywhere. Did someone petition about the obvious dub booch?

I tried to send in a /bug, but my /bug command is still bugged and won't send anything. I'll send in a petition now.
[Jul 19, 2017 6:28:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I spent a stupid amount of time fiddling around with the ship page table, and this was by far the best I came up with: table hack version 1.0

How does it look?

(I'm still wishy-washy about whether the icon when used normally should be in a template, but if we use it in the table like this, it will definitely need a separate template for that, so we can tweak the size and mouseover text of all of them at once.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 19, 2017 6:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Brig and Galleon costs have been fixed, 38 and 40, respectively. Also, palace sloops were still 20 doubloons when I last looked, but since they're gone now, that is irrelevant.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
[Jul 20, 2017 7:08:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

S'okay?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 21, 2017 10:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

I like that. The 'table hack' from your earlier post looks good too.
[Jul 21, 2017 11:22:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I don't think we need to list both doubloon values (vanilla and Dark Seas) if they're the same.
[Jul 21, 2017 7:17:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I don't think we need to list both doubloon values (vanilla and Dark Seas) if they're the same.

There's so much on the wiki that's out-of-date or not finished, I figured it couldn't hurt to be clear that they are the same.

If the duplicates are going, the N/As should go, too. Maybe tomorrow.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 21, 2017 8:55:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

There's so much on the wiki that's out-of-date or not finished, I figured it couldn't hurt to be clear that they are the same.

If the duplicates are going, the N/As should go, too. Maybe tomorrow.

I agree with you on there but this unless ypp are planning on hiring staff they wont update all the wiki
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Aug 3, 2017 2:10:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

I tried to send in a /bug, but my /bug command is still bugged and won't send anything.

omg.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Aug 16, 2017 1:27:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates