• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2584 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Scarpath

Obsidian Bugs and Suggestions: The Littlest Things Reply to this Post

So when playing on Obsidian, I'm sure I'm not the only one who bumps into the smallest of things. Things that are either tiny bugs; or things so small that you hardly feel like it would be right to make a full thread for...

So here it is! A thread just for all those things. Extra points for the shorter it would take for the OM to fix/implement.

First suggestion:
The faction strongholds now have boats leading back to Port Venture. I propose that the message that pops up when taking the boat FROM Venture to visit the Strongholds be edited.

Currently says: "Do ye want to whisk directly to the faction's stronghold? Ye can return home using the "Go Home" when ye are done exploring."

Proposed: Do ye want to whisk directly to the faction's stronghold? Ye can return to Port Venture using the lifeboats at the faction's docks. - or something similar
----------------------------------------
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Jul 17, 2017 7:05:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discflicker

Re: Obsidian Bugs and Suggestions: The Littlest Things Reply to this Post

Excellent thread idea and first suggestion! I was starting to compile my own list of little things for one of these, so I'll unload:

• Ships under Swabbie Ship Transport should have no might ring
  • Trade chat and faction chat should be muted by default
  • Help chat should exist for only help, on by default (I know global chat was the idea to replace greeter chat for this purpose, but if you look at the game, it's being used for many things that are not this purpose and could easily turn new players away from the game)
  • Make global chat consistent with trade chat, faction chat so replace /global-on and /global-off with /gmute
  • Reduce delay between grapple & fray, between end of fray & end of battle - these are times when everyone on the ship is just standing around waiting for the game to move on.
  • Change tournament broadcasts to only be based on prize pool EXCLUDING entry fees
  • Option in settings that stops annoying whistle when leaving any ship unlocked (default is that it whistles, allow change for no whistle)
  • Option to "only allow orders from managers of this stall" in stall to reduce the need for huge amounts of poe in escrow

Done playing puzzle pirates as of July 21st, 2017
[Jul 18, 2017 10:13:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

• Add commas to all cases of big numbers (1000000 -> 1,000,000).
  • Preview portrait backgrounds.
  • Add sounds for when the ship is being engaged.
  • Remove "abandoned station" from gunning.
  • Auto turn back jobbing when a pirates leaves the ship if it was on beforehand.
  • Personal vessels should be on the top of the list.

But most importantly: Damage scores for bnav!!!
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Jul 18, 2017 10:33:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discflicker

I really want damage scores for bnav. For sloops with less than 6 players, it makes sense for your bnavver to jump around stations sometimes (gunning, sailing, bilging, whatever as needed). But entering a puzzle sometimes skips ALL of the animations during that turn, so you either have to accept that you have no idea how the ships got to where they ended or you can't change stations at the start of any turn.

Also loving the commas requirement & Personal vessels on top of list ideas.
[Jul 18, 2017 11:10:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

Since this ocean will have way less shops, and it will be so much harder for the average person to own a shop.

Please, please, please can you add a quick link to every stall you manage when you click on the list of stalls. Right now it has your own, but underneath that there should be a button for all the stalls you manage there also. Some of the lists now are huge and it is a right pain scrolling to find them!!!

This has been annoying for many years on all oceans I've played so don't just implement it on obsidian!
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Jul 18, 2017 7:54:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discflicker

Shoppe jobs on the notice board should actually be able to use labor at the time that they show, whether it's in orders or reserve labor.
[Jul 19, 2017 12:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jutecloth

In poker, the rake is currently being applied to uncalled bets. For example, if there is 500 in the pot at showdown after the river, the rake at 3% is 15 and the winner receives 485. If a player bets into a 500 PoE pot with 1,500 and everyone else folds, the rake is applied to both the money already in the pot and the uncalled bet, now totaling 60. That's an effective rake on the money in the pot of over 10%. The way the rake is working at the moment radically alters the cost/benefit of making bets.
Bakunin wrote: 
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called "the People's Stick".
Darksand wrote: 
[S]chadenfreude is a positive externality for some of us.

[Jul 19, 2017 4:22:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Preview portrait backgrounds.

Yes!
A preview big enough to see would have helped me to avoid the facial weirdness that is my current Obsidian portrait... LOL

~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jul 20, 2017 7:42:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Derp! That's an awesome portrait, lol
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 20, 2017 9:02:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Derp! That's an awesome portrait, lol

Hehe, thank ye!
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jul 20, 2017 5:23:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates