• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4091 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
mattymcg

Returning Player on Meridian Reply to this Post

Hey first time I've played in years so a few things:
found out there's only 14 on meridian at the moment is that normal or should i start playing on another ocean if so which one ? its not that i have although still have 30 days on my officer badge

Subscription or Doubloons no idea how long ill play again for since when i last played was in my early to mid teens and didn't get far in terms of personal wealth homes and gear (just loved some of the puzzles)

Looking for a crew meridian and maybe another island to live on only got a shack on Napi Peak

Got a few bid tickets don't know why don't know how or what to do with them three are filled one is unfilled

any tips for getting me going again ?
[Jul 15, 2017 8:51:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shademan987

Re: Returning Player on Meridian Reply to this Post

Download the Dark Seas beta client and play on Obsidian. It's a new ocean with good activity and the future of the game will likely be focused there, but I suppose you could also play on Emerald as well, if you wanted. You could even send me a tell if you're looking for friends! I used to play on Meridian too. Sadly it's dead now.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=206992
----------------------------------------
You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.
-- William Faulkner

Dashy | Suspicious Activity | Obsidian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by shademan987 at Jul 15, 2017 11:32:24 AM]
[Jul 15, 2017 11:30:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Obsidian is a bit different to the other oceans as can be seen looking at
this link

As Shademan said is is currently under beta testing but it may or may not be the future of the game. There are a lot of players who don't want to start again and others that don't like some of the changes (for example automatic sinking PVP outside of a nursery area)

The future may be obsidian, it may be emerald, it may be both, but almost everyone has left meridian and the sub ocean.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Jul 17, 2017 5:06:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skurfer48

Obsidian is a bit different to the other oceans as can be seen looking at
this link

As Shademan said is is currently under beta testing but it may or may not be the future of the game. There are a lot of players who don't want to start again and others that don't like some of the changes (for example automatic sinking PVP outside of a nursery area)

The future may be obsidian, it may be emerald, it may be both, but almost everyone has left meridian and the sub ocean.

Hope OP doesn’t mind me tagging on here, but I’m in the same situation. Recently returned after not playing for many years. Wondering what the remaining active oceans are? Sounds like maybe just Obsidian and Emerald? I’m not super sold on the PvP heavy idea of Obsidian so I’m curious if there’s another ocean with good activity I should consider? I would probably prefer an ocean with lots of active players, even if that means it’s the PvP one.

Thanks!
[Nov 10, 2017 6:49:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I?m not super sold on the PvP heavy idea of Obsidian so I?m curious if there?s another ocean with good activity I should consider? I would probably prefer an ocean with lots of active players, even if that means it?s the PvP one.

PVP isn't a big deal based on the top 3 crews its about 4% ob battles. Its not appealing to most as it just doesn't pay out. If they tried to make a PVP server it failed in my opinion but there are many good changes on the new ocean.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Nov 10, 2017 6:59:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skurfer48

PVP isn't a big deal based on the top 3 crews its about 4% ob battles. Its not appealing to most as it just doesn't pay out. If they tried to make a PVP server it failed in my opinion but there are many good changes on the new ocean.

Thanks!
[Nov 10, 2017 7:02:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdl1963

Hope OP doesn?t mind me tagging on here, but I?m in the same situation. Recently returned after not playing for many years. Wondering what the remaining active oceans are?

Obsidian and Emerald, but really - Obsidian.
[Nov 11, 2017 4:39:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates