• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8665 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Cronus
OceanMaster

Obsidian Video Clips Contest [Winners announced] Reply to this Post

Video Clips Contest

We're looking for video clips of gameplay on Dark Seas. It's possible that we end up using the winning entry on our store page. It's also possible we use elements of multiple entries to create our store's trailer. So what we're looking for are several action packed bits of gameplay that you think highlight the best of Dark Seas and Puzzle Pirates.

Prizes:
Prizes will scale depending on participation. However at minimum the winner will pick between an Octo, Parrot, or Monkey in any standard color combination. No all black, all white, or limited edition colors. Other prizes will depend on participation, but will likely include things like a Forculus doll, renamed ships,or other trinkets.

Deadline:
11:59 pm game time on July 16th. Do not edit your entry after this point.

Entry Thread:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2710030

Create a Video:

• Deadline for the event is 11:59 pm game time on July 16th.
  • Please keep your video to less than 3 mins.
  • Please avoid adding music or a voice over.
  • The video clips must highlight the gameplay on Dark Seas. Think of what you like the most or what you'd want people to see of the game.
  • Video requirements: The trailer should be the highest resolution that you can use depending on the scene - up to 1920 x 1080 resolution, 30/29.97 or 60/59.94 fps, high bit rate (5,000+ Kbps). Some areas of the game create a lot of blank space when you go to a higher resolution screen. For those areas, you'll want to use a lower size screen, but still keep the fps up. For example, sea battle from the crows nest can use the whole client at a large size whereas if you look at the notice board or a puzzle in a higher resolution, there will be a ton of empty space. If in doubt, set your screen to 800x600 (32 bit).
  • Please note that our TOS applies to links you post. Please avoid any inappropriate language in your video.
  • Upload your video to a website which allows you to link to it, such as YouTube.
  • Upload your video to a place that allows for direct download of your video (such as Dropbox). Using one of the following file formats: .mov, .wmv, or .mp4

Enter your Video:

• Post your entry to the Entry Thread (here ).
  • Include your pirate name and the ocean you'd like any prizes on.
  • Provide a link to watch you video (YouTube) along with a link to the direct download.
  • Pirates are welcome to submit more than one entry and may win more than one prize. Please use the same entry thread for ease of reading.
  • Please keep the entry thread for posting your entry only. All questions should be posted in this thread.
  • By entering you are consenting to allow us to use your video for advertisement or other promotional material. This includes making edits or changes to the your original video for said promotional material.

Entry Example:

Pirate: Cronus
Ocean: Obsidian
View Link: <<YouTubeLink>>
Download: <<Link to download the file>>
Familiar choice: Octo, Parrot, or Monkey (no all black/white or LE colors)

----------------------------------------
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Demeter at Feb 17, 2018 6:58:03 AM]
[Jul 8, 2017 11:26:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonicware

Re: Obsidian Video Clips Contest [Deadline 7/16] Reply to this Post

Hello, you are going to use the winning video for promotional usage are we going to gain anything else except a pet? Are we getting credits for our work wherever you are going to use that video?
Can you also give us some material to use on our videos like the puzzle pirates transparent logo or smth?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demonicware at Jul 8, 2017 12:35:32 PM]
[Jul 8, 2017 12:31:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Hello, you are going to use the winning video for promotional usage are we going to gain anything else except a pet? Are we getting credits for our work wherever you are going to use that video?
Can you also give us some material to use on our videos like the puzzle pirates transparent logo or smth?

It sounds like you might be misunderstanding the contest. The video you're submitting is just raw gameplay footage, not an edited trailer. So you shouldn't need any edits, logos, voice-overs, music, or other art. By entering you are consenting to allow us to edit and use your video, or portions of your video, for promotional material.

If you're a professional video editor with experience in the game industry or other media, you'll be more interested in this:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=207063
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cronus at Jul 8, 2017 1:31:47 PM]
[Jul 8, 2017 1:29:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hiven

Time to crack open some twitch.tv/hivenst replays ^_^ feel free to use any clip of me playing YPP im actually working on some fancy background layouts for my stream :D

Ill officially find some great clips for y'all to use in the coming days Alas tho we haven't had the Obsidian blockade which I was really hoping to film to help highlight a huge reason to play the ocean :D
Hivenst Captain of Sage Subrunners on Sage
Hivenst Captain of ye scallywags on ice

Founder of The Advengers (sage)
[Jul 10, 2017 3:06:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    stevienelli8@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Discflicker

Do the 3 minutes need to be continuous, or can we add jump cuts? If the intent is to say "no editing of any kind" then I think that needs to be clarified because some of the entries are definitely getting edited.
Done playing puzzle pirates as of July 21st, 2017
[Jul 13, 2017 1:18:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Do the 3 minutes need to be continuous, or can we add jump cuts? If the intent is to say "no editing of any kind" then I think that needs to be clarified because some of the entries are definitely getting edited.

We aren't after a game trailer here, but rather videos showing gameplay so be sure not to edit your entry by way of superimposing text or adding to the raw footage. We will likely be forgiving of jump cuts, but remember you can enter multiple times so the preference would be for that rather than from moving from scene to scene to scene in one entry. Just remember, too, to keep each entry to 3 minutes or less!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jul 15, 2017 2:20:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Can we enter clips from another ocean like KH- its the same thing on obsidian but maps are easier to obtain and lbs cheaper
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Jul 16, 2017 3:22:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Can we enter clips from another ocean like KH- its the same thing on obsidian but maps are easier to obtain and lbs cheaper

We are after examples of game play specific to Obsidian so we may not be able to use that if the clip shows clearly it was generated on a different ocean. It is best to stick with Obsidian, but we do understand that there are restrictions there that may limit players obtaining all the video from that ocean. I'd recommend, given you can enter more than one video, that you keep video that is clearly generated on a different ocean separate.
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jul 16, 2017 10:18:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spellforcero

Any clues on when judging is announced, or have I been a fool and missed something obvious :o
[Jul 20, 2017 5:11:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
doesntsave

Any clues on when judging is announced, or have I been a fool and missed something obvious :o

I'm pretty sure they will announce it in the next few days.

You have to remember they have to pick and edit the best video clip(s) and given that most of the video submissions didn't come with audio they'd also have to add sound to their trailer (e.g ambient sound, puzzle sounds) if they should be picking them.

Its a long process and unless they have a product they like (that'll be displayed on Steam) I wouldn't be surprised if they postponed the announcement or even host a second contest for more suitable/additional material if they should be unhappy with the current result.

In my opinion the submission time span was rather short and it was really hard to find suitable content as Obsidian didn't offer too much KH/HS/SMH action during that time frame and a handful of people, bigger sea battles (f.e including a ship sinking, Flottilas) with a lot of people or even pirate'ish outfits were hard to come by since Obsidian was still fresh. Thats why I resorted to some puzzle content although I would've preferred to meet up with my crew - but they weren't available during that week.

Just stay tuned :)
---
Complain on Obsidian

Supporter of Team Evil
"Yarr, purple aint nothin' but a color!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by doesntsave at Jul 21, 2017 9:44:49 AM]
[Jul 21, 2017 9:43:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spellforcero

I didn't mean to sound impatient at all and I understand it's a long process, I was more just saying if I'd missed it somewhere haha ^^
[Jul 21, 2017 10:02:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Ahoy mates! Entry threads are locked and judging underway. However, please keep in mind that this may take some time. Thank you for your patience and we will update here once we have finished that process!
[Jul 22, 2017 2:21:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spellforcero

Re: Obsidian Video Clips Contest [Deadline 7/16, Judging Underway] Reply to this Post

Thanks so much for keeping us updated Hera! :)
[Jul 23, 2017 3:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Re: Obsidian Video Clips Contest [Deadline 7/16, Judging Underway] Reply to this Post

I'm curious about any updates about this contest. I see that the obsidian trailer has been launched and created using clips from a few pirates myself included, and obviously clips from Scythera.

Is Scythera the only winner from this contest?
Robyns
<3
[Sep 11, 2017 2:33:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spellforcero

Offical Posts with the winner is sorely missed a lot of people are confused, I guess there were no runner up or effort prizes :p it would just be nice for some closure for the participants, sorry to bother you again ^^
[Sep 23, 2017 3:36:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pixierain486

Offical Posts with the winner is sorely missed a lot of people are confused, I guess there were no runner up or effort prizes :p it would just be nice for some closure for the participants, sorry to bother you again ^^

I'm curious about any updates about this contest. I see that the obsidian trailer has been launched and created using clips from a few pirates myself included, and obviously clips from Scythera.

Is Scythera the only winner from this contest?

I understand that it can be frustrating for some people who entered and not getting a response/update back to what is happening.

However, I know that right now everyone is pretty busy with the whole Dark Seas launch on Steam and still have a lot to implement for it. I can understand because of that, they're probably postponing on an announcement for the results/handing out prizes til everything ingame is settled.

I can say though that I had compiled for them before a list of players whose clips I used in the trailer and when the time comes around everyone will be thanked for it! :)

Also, I wouldn't say either that I'm the 'winner' or anything, especially since the results haven't been officially announced yet and I know there's a few people who are more deserving of that than me! :P
*~* Scythera of Obsidian & Meridian & Emerald Ocean *~*

[Sep 23, 2017 3:27:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.cherrycake4.com [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Please be patient with us m'dears; we haven't forgotten you! We are very busy with Dark Seas right now and hope to have the winners announced soon!
[Sep 24, 2017 4:37:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spellforcero

Sorry, I had just thought it had ended without us knowing, Doing an amazing job with the launch btw :D
[Sep 25, 2017 10:52:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Also, I wouldn't say either that I'm the 'winner' or anything, especially since the results haven't been officially announced yet and I know there's a few people who are more deserving of that than me! :P

I just presumed you were the winner from the announcement post and seeing as you have the familiar on Obsidian that you put in your entry post...
Robyns
<3
[Sep 25, 2017 5:25:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pixierain486

I just presumed you were the winner from the announcement post and seeing as you have the familiar on Obsidian that you put in your entry post...

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I was more of the video editor that they were hiring in this thread; the monkey was something I had asked kindly for as a result of it!

I want to say though, your crafting clips were definitely helpful to use, so thank you for that Robyns! :)
*~* Scythera of Obsidian & Meridian & Emerald Ocean *~*

[Sep 25, 2017 10:16:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.cherrycake4.com [Link]  Go to top 
Strategyking

Two months later and still no announcement of who won.

:thinking:
Strategy - Meridian
Strategyy - Emerald
[Nov 12, 2017 2:36:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Has there been an announcement yet?
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Jan 6, 2018 1:56:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Has there been an announcement yet?

Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Feb 10, 2018 4:33:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Ahoy!

I'm sorry for the exceptionally long delay with results. Unfortunately I had quite a number of tasks that kept pulling my attention away. It wasn't fair to those of you who gave us a hand, and I apologize. To that end, all winners will also receive a Cronus egg. You're welcome to force it to wobble down the plank.

You've already noticed that your clips were used to help create an amazing trailer for the Dark Seas. This trailer has now been used on our Steam store page along with various ads on social media (FB, Twitter, etc) and a few other places. We were incredibly happy with it and it couldn't have been done without all of you who participated in this event.

Below are the results of the contest: (prizes are in the process of being delivered. Keep checking pockets)

1st: Robyns - Emerald
Red Monkey

2nd: Kickhead - Obsidian
Forculus doll

3rd: Jc - Obsidian
Greenbones egg

3rd: Keaze - Obsidian
Greenbones egg

A note on judging: Scythera was the creator of the trailer using these clips and additional ones she captured. While she's not a winner here for obvious reasons, I wanted to highlight her work and all of the extra clips she ended up capturing.

Prize delivery is ongoing. Keep checking your pockets.
[Feb 16, 2018 12:04:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Dank. Grats to all winners!

Change the title to [Winners Announced] c:
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keaze at Feb 16, 2018 10:34:27 PM]
[Feb 16, 2018 10:33:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

Thank you. I've been logging infrequently and haven't been on here or looked in my inventory, just realised I won. Thank you very much :)
Robyns
<3
[Mar 16, 2018 7:35:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates